This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
The service accounts for much, but does not fully dictate the entire flow of the consecutive exchanges.

Samsonov himself can change his style (make strategical and tactical adjustments) on the fly, as needed vis a vis an opponent, and can still use his serves for the full range of styles — well away from that crucial borderline mentioned before.

I suggest to leave the argument for a moment and come back in another thread after Budapest possibly ...

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
LYJ/CIC 1-4 Solja/Franziska

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I came for TT discussion and found (yet another) argument about service legality. Lol.

In other news, Mima v. Sun Yingsha coming in 1 hour! Honestly I hope Mima wins, otherwise the Japanese threat to China will come to a very premature and anticlimatic end (unless the rest can somehow step up)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I read somewhere a few months ago that the Chinese have scouting profiles on all players they may encounter, including things like serving and receive tendencies, pattens of play, strengths, weaknesses, etc. The first game, especially in a best of 7, is to determine if these tendencies are still accurate and try out variations that may work. Winning the first game is not a goal, but diagnosing what will work for later games is key. They also have predetermined strategies for 9 all, as this happens so frequently in world class play, having a specific strategy planned out beforehand is a key part of pregame strategy.

I am a little surprised they don't do what they do in the NFL in the US, with coaches up in the stands analyzing game patterns and radioing down to the courtside coach what they see to help strategize. Maybe they do.

Ma Long pointed to that in the aftermatch interview as well. Probably gives you more confidence, tranquility and a clearer mind, if you feel that well prepared.

Just now CM dropped her first set against Sawettabut. Probably won't mean a thing again...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Ma Long pointed to that in the aftermatch interview as well. Probably gives you more confidence, tranquility and a clearer mind, if you feel that well prepared.

Just now CM dropped her first set against Sawettabut. Probably won't mean a thing again...

Yes she will comeback or maybe has cameback but live stream of this game doesnt work .. at least for me

Edit : Its working again :cool:

Screenshot_20190424-135659_Opera.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2018

LGL actually mentioned in his latest interview that CM has yet to pass the test of majors. It shows here at the WTTC.

Reactions: RidTheKid
Jan 2018
T1, SYS VS Ito

Very poor start for Ito. Hole too big to fill. 2:6, 4:8, 6:8, 6:11.

4:2, 5:5, 6:6, 7:9, 8:10, 9:11. Ito missing her serves multiple times, hmm. SYS handles Ito's serves well here.

2 to go.

9:8, 9:11. CNT has cracked Ito's serves.

5:3, 5:5, 9:7, 9:9, 10:9, 10:10. Ito missing so much on FH and BH. 11:10, 11:11, 11:12, 12:12, 13:12, 13:13, 14:13, 15:13. Clutched it!

0:4, 1:4, 1:5(epic!!) SYS getting back all the shots. 1:6, 2:6, 2:8, 2:10, 2:11.

1-4

Last edited: