This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Why Ito 1800 - 900? She has a reserve ....

13880/ +wttc/old(-1800)+900new/res-1440=13520 (-1800+1440=-360)

Hirano - 12698/asiancup/-38/ +wttc/old-2400/1500/=-900=11760?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
I just wanted to do one complain about this tournament: they way the draw was divided in 8 days. They could've made a better distribution with the finals in the last day with maybe just the XD and semis yesterday, and made the first 3 days more light, idk, just felt weird the last 2 days kinda "empty" of matches

sorry if I'm saying nonsense

other than that, I enjoyed very much many exciting matches

Last edited:
Reactions: eduardo1995filipe
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Watched the WD finals highlights. Regardless of the controversy, I didn't like Mima's body language. It seems like she dug a hole of pressure for herself with that 3 gold medal declaration. I mean if it took that long for Liu Shiwen to win what makes her think that it would come easy for her? At least from the snippets she didn't seem prepared for long matches. She really should take pointers from the Chinese who always expect their opponents to catch up and aren't fazed when it happens.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Watched the WD finals highlights. Regardless of the controversy, I didn't like Mima's body language. It seems like she dug a hole of pressure for herself with that 3 gold medal declaration. I mean if it took that long for Liu Shiwen to win what makes her think that it would come easy for her? At least from the snippets she didn't seem prepared for long matches. She really should take pointers from the Chinese who always expect their opponents to catch up and aren't fazed when it happens.

Oh my god I MUST watch this final . I thought the Japanese won the match .....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Well, the net call left a bad taste in my mouth :/ I really hope it was the correct call. Even Li Xiaoxia(?) seemed embarrassed.

The winning culture is nice and all but when it comes to nets and edges, the whole of CNT including coaches ought to take a page out of WLQ and ZJK's book.

It's downright annoying when the shit comes from some player you don't care about or don't like altogether, but it's painful when it comes from a great player and you almost feel like it's a conditioned reflex.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
WTTC 2019

What I liked most
* Took place during my holidays so I could follow the live streams whenever I wanted (=all day).
* Coverage at TTD with interesting discussions, pictures, interviews and especially subtitles, mainly by zeio. Makes watching a WTTC much more exciting than it used to be before I was a TTD member.
* Some big upsets. Can't remember when a major event had so many unexpected turning points for the last time.
* It felt like the gap between male CNT and the rest of the mens' world was not as big as I would have expected (except ML)
* As usual: High quality and intense matches. A lot of emotions.
* Ionescu and Robles :D

What I disliked more or less
* Withdrawal of Timo Boll :( :( :(
* No single matches between the legends FZD, ML, XX and Boll.
* All gold medals go to China once again. They deserve that, of course.

What I don't like at all
*I have to go to work again tomorrow :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Ma long's new post in weibo ;) He gratituded from every one specially the heroes behind the scene and then has told I'm made in china

a3fdb4b1ly1g2is9rnq1dj215o0rsb07.jpg

a3fdb4b1ly1g2is9oufh2j23402c0hdw.jpg

Also Zhang jike updated his weibo with the photos of WTTC champions ( his ex Gf liushiwen too :p )

Screenshot_20190428-210552_Opera.jpg

I sometimes think that Fan Zhending hasnt participated in this WTTC .....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
At the same level or worse than Ding Ning's theatrics against LSW in the last WTTC final ! this is plain despicable ... how the can umpire take a decision if only one team is appealing and the team appealing has lost the point ..
do you mean how Ding Ning limped around? Cause the replays clearly showed she did roll her ankle, simulation's out of the question. She could be in a lot of pain, she could be not, you can't say with any confidence it was all for show. She's been fair the rest of her career.

Sorry I have to change my mind when I found that it was actually SYS who first raised her hand before the umpire, after rewatching it many times...

So not a fair play from SYS...
as far as I can tell, it wasn't SYS. They lost the point, then the assistant ref on the right of the screen pointed at the edge. Then SYS goes "well if you say so, ref (wink wink)" and agrees with the decision. Next thing we see is Wang Manyu noticing the main ref has her arm raised calling a let and she too is like "oh there you go, it was a let serve all along". None of the two called for anything themselves.

I agree it wasn't pretty, but I've seen lots of players - otherwise very fair - claim a point in borderline situation, including the game's greatest. I mean I'm a fair person, but if I'm Wang Manyu I don't know what I'd do. For all they knew at the moment, the ball might've actually caught the cord which they hadn't noticed, but the umpire had. In that situation you don't give the point away unless you're super sure it didn't touch the net. I know someone like Harimoto would probably forfeit the point, but that's just cause he's always trying to be fair even at his own expense, always agrees with the opponent/ref. You don't have to do that to still be fair. This situation isn't clear enough for me to call them cheats.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Ma long's new post in weibo ;) He gratituded from every one specially the heroes behind the scene and then has told I'm made in china
View attachment 19054
can you find the goat? Hint below. I was actually trying to find Fan Zhendong, the poor guy. I failed.
cache.php

Last edited:
Reactions: matzreenzi
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
do you mean how Ding Ning limped around? Cause the replays clearly showed she did roll her ankle, simulation's out of the question. She could be in a lot of pain, she could be not, you can't say with any confidence it was all for show. She's been fair the rest of her career.

as far as I can tell, it wasn't SYS. They lost the point, then the assistant ref on the right of the screen pointed at the edge. Then SYS goes "well if you say so, ref (wink wink)" and agrees with the decision. Next thing we see is Wang Manyu noticing the main ref has her arm raised calling a let and she too is like "oh there you go, it was a let serve all along". None of the two called for anything themselves.

I agree it wasn't pretty, but I've seen lots of players - otherwise very fair - claim a point in borderline situation, including the game's greatest. I mean I'm a fair person, but if I'm Wang Manyu I don't know what I'd do. For all they knew at the moment, the ball might've actually caught the cord which they hadn't noticed, but the umpire had. In that situation you don't give the point away unless you're super sure it didn't touch the net. I know someone like Harimoto would probably forfeit the point, but that's just cause he's always trying to be fair even at his own expense, always agrees with the opponent/ref. You don't have to do that to still be fair. This situation isn't clear enough for me to call them cheats.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Ding Ning should have retired hurt, period. All that drama completely threw LSW off mentally... the only equivalent I have seen is in tennis where Serena Williams pretty much did that to Osaka but Osaka still managed to keep her grasp on the US Open title ... she is her team mate .. have you ever played a kid in a tournament that starts to cry when they are losing ... it was exactly the same except on a bigger stage .. if you rolled your ankles, you either retire hurt or just swallow it as if nothing happened and play on ... ding ning always creates this drama .. do you remember when the umpire called her clearly fault serves ? she started crying , made a scene and basically got a free ticket from Adnan Sahara to keep serving the way she was doing ... for me Ding Ning and Serena Williams have pretty much similar attitudes ... great players no doubt not but not great Sportsperson
the umpire had done nothing wrong in that case and was consistent and clearly her serves were faulty... this is the reason I don't like her ... even in her interviews you can see , unlike Ma Long who is a positive and humble leader , she clearly does all the song and dance to tip the balance to her side ...

.. and this particular example was deplorable .. just lets not get into it ... the umpire and and the SYS practically ganged up on that specific point .... I was a fan of SYS and WM and was cheering for them when they were playing CM and Zhuling .. both of them just lost my respect ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I just wanted to do one complain about this tournament: they way the draw was divided in 8 days. They could've made a better distribution with the finals in the last day with maybe just the XD and semis yesterday, and made the first 3 days more light, idk, just felt weird the last 2 days kinda "empty" of matches

sorry if I'm saying nonsense

other than that, I enjoyed very much many exciting matches

Players who advance in all 3 events will get wiped out. They aren't robots. Only if you have event participation limits may it work. But then you limit the opportunity yo see the best players multiple times.