This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The rarity is part of what makes it special and prestigious.

Changes are not always good nor always bad. They should be made when all factors have been taken into account. I don't know for sure if a format similar to 4 Grand Slams would be good for TT, but I definitely see many advantages.

And if you've already gotten into comparing TT and tennis to football, here's another thought:

One huge flaw in football in my opinion is that many match-ups between the best clubs and players in the world rarely happen. And how would they? there is only one event every year that could lead to a match between, say, Barcelona and Juventus. There is so much room for improvement there, which would take better engineering of the competitions. That too requires changes.

The state of things in TT and tennis is much better in that regard. Top players play each other all the time. Their time at the top of the game is limited, so why not do everything we can so they are celebrated as much as possible while they are here?

How many finals have Ma Long and FZD played against each other in a WTTC or the Olympics? Just the one. Ma Long against Zhang Jike? Just the one as well. FZD against ZJK? That ship has already sailed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Not so fast! The 4th looks like a redemption game. It's close anyway, after three games of carnage.

Gauzy seems to be playing a Treiber K. Another going over the the Dark Side of the Viscaria family?

Gauzy just likes a bit of drama towards the end. It was in the bag!

His blade - I think it's just the Treiber handle. The middle ply is red, so I think it's his old blade with a handle swap after his move to Andro.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Clearly demonstrated for you. Us who remember the Davis Cup thinks that was prestigious. Everyone is a child of its time. Can you compare the 80-90's to the present?

Again - Rarity is not a requirement for prestige or importance, as clearly demonstrated in tennis :)

Reactions: Suga D
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Gauzy: I could chop down choppers with my chopstick skills.

F0KU2zA.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Clearly demonstrated for you. Us who remember the Davis Cup thinks that was prestigious. Everyone is a child of its time. Can you compare the 80-90's to the present?

Not sure what your point is about Davis Cup, because at least in the last decade it was becoming more and more of a joke, and nobody actually cared about it compared to Slams. But no, I can't compare today to the 80s because I wasn't alive back then.

Guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one :)

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hoping Gauzy wins his half but it is hard to get what you deserve in TT. Today shows that lol.

Who's win did you find undeserving? Or are we talking of different levels of deserving, the overarching level at which many would find the narrative of the sort-of generational taking of the crown from ML by FZD the natural and satisfying one?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Who's win did you find undeserving? Or are we talking of different levels of deserving, the overarching level at which many would find the narrative of the sort-of generational taking of the crown from ML by FZD the natural and satisfying one?

I don't think I need to find any winner undeserving to feel that people who lost didn't get what they deserved or what they and others felt they deserved. It is not that serious!