says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
It's working on Zhibo.tv. But you have to pay.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Ive just seen this on twitter. I might enter !

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 20.39.11.jpg

Jan 2018
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190422-00000020-dal-spo
https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/04/22/kiji/20190422s00026000188000c.html
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-04-22/doc-ihvhiewr7638502.shtml
  据悉,日本队要在本届比赛创造佳绩的决心也体现在随队人员的配备上,包括陪练、营养师等工作人员的数量达41人,当中更有首次陪同参赛的心理咨询师水岛祯行,后者此前主要负责日本乒协青少年选手的心理问题,和张本等选手非常熟悉。他表示会全力为了日本选手在赛场上发挥出最佳水准而提供最好的精神疏通和心理问题的支援:“我不是心理教练,不会吩咐选手们做这做那,大家各自都有自己的一套调整心理状态的方式。我的角色和任务是在他们感到心理状态有些不稳,向我求助时,我给出一定的建议。”
It is reported that the determination of the Japanese team to achieve good results in this competition is also reflected in the staffing of the team, including 41 staff members such as sparring partners and dietitians, among whom is sport counselor Sadayuki Mizushima who is accompanying for the first time. The latter is mainly responsible for the psychological problems of the Japanese table tennis youth players. He's very familiar with Harimoto and the others. He said that he would do his best to provide the best mental care and psychological support for the Japanese players to play at the best level on the field: "I am not a psychological coach, so I will not tell the players what to do. Everyone has their own ways to adjust the state of mind. My role and task is to give some advice when they feel that their mental state is somewhat unstable and need help."

20190422s00026000187000p_view.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Some epic matches tomorrow. Feels like the true start of the tournament.

For instance? Not seeing any terribly interesting match-ups for 23 April. Perhaps the following?

Women's Singles
- Doo Hoi Kem vs Yoo Eunchong (I remember her as the dark horse during Qatar Open, beating Hina Hayata)

Men's Singles
- Truls Moregard vs Ho Kwan Kit
- Tom Jarvis vs Yoshimura Kazuhiro
- Samuel Walker vs Jon Persson

Women's Doubles
- Chen Meng/Zhu Yuling vs Matilda Ekholm/Pota Georgina

Men's Doubles
- Robert Gardos/Daniel Habesohn vs Tiago Apolonia/Joao Monteiro
- Morizono Masataka/Oshima Yuya vs Emmanuel Lebesson/Tristan Flore

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
For instance? Not seeing any terribly interesting match-ups for 23 April. Perhaps the following?

Women's Singles
- Doo Hoi Kem vs Yoo Eunchong (I remember her as the dark horse during Qatar Open, beating Hina Hayata)

Men's Singles

Women's Doubles

Men's Doubles

I believe some round of 64 matches are tomorrow too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017

Women's Singles

Men's Singles

Women's Doubles

Men's Doubles

Well Championships are epic so are the matches ... ; ) Ok, maybe not epic but some quality and interesting matches on the men's side specially. There is a very interesting one for me, namely Karakasevic vs Ma Long. No disrespect to Aleksandar but I could pretty firmly bet on the outcome, yet in terms of the polar styles and qualities they represent, it will be fun to watch for sure, and you can't deny Aleksandar the game quality despite the age ...

I think this big 128 bracket allows for those interesting matchups.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Polansky/Sirucek vs Ma/Wang, 1:2, but the Czech pair keeps up so far. Polansky vs Chen Chien An will be interesting.

Yes, Chinese double seemed to be swaying a bit in the first sets, but then they were back on track. Guess men's doubles (and maybe mixed?) is currently where China is the most "vulnerable". Anyone knows the rationale why Xu Xin didn't enter the doubles? Isn't that supposed to be his specialty - are they experimenting with their younger leftys to search a successor? Just a bit flabbergasted,.. but I think they had these different non-Xu-Xin's doubles in the last tournaments as well (So maybe I'm also underestimating the new pairs... let's see)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Yes, Chinese double seemed to be swaying a bit in the first sets, but then they were back on track. Guess men's doubles (and maybe mixed?) is currently where China is the most "vulnerable". Anyone knows the rationale why Xu Xin didn't enter the doubles? Isn't that supposed to be his specialty - are they experimenting with their younger leftys to search a successor? Just a bit flabbergasted,.. but I think they had these different non-Xu-Xin's doubles in the last tournaments as well (So maybe I'm also underestimating the new pairs... let's see)

Because Men's Doubles is not a standalone event in the Olympics, merely one of the five matches in the team event. Mixed Doubles is the exact opposite. If XX was younger, he probably would take part in all three (which I think he did for one of the Opens last year) but age is a real issue I believe.

Reactions: phorkyas
Jan 2018
CNT don't care about MD and WD.

XD is the most important as it will be the 1st Olympic event at Tokyo 2020. They'll try to win it at all cost.

Jan 2018
https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/201904230000043.html
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-04-23/doc-ihvhiqax4533235.shtml

接受日本媒体采访时,尽管拿下了比赛——混双一日双赛,携手森园政崇跻身16强;搭档早田希娜,挺进女双32强,但是小姑娘直言由于主比赛馆和副馆的灯光照明颜色、室温等不同,对比赛造成了较大影响:“你知道照明的颜色不一样吗?主会场为白色,副馆是橙色,而且很热。台子一暖,球也弹起来。根据场地的不同,照明的位置也不同,只能真正去之后再说(要求)。”

不仅如此,伊藤指出往返两个比赛馆之间的动线也有问题。选手没有单独通道,必须通过与观众同样的路径,这样一来难免会遇上要求合影签名的球迷们。

她吐露了心中的烦恼:“虽然很高兴,但我还是想在比赛前集中精力。所以没时间了,非常抱歉,比平时更冷淡地拒绝了。”但她转念一想,能够在比赛第一天经历这么多突发事件也是一种经验上的积累。
"Do you know the color of the lighting is different? The main venue is white, the side hall is orange, and it is very hot. Once the table is warm, the ball also bounces more. Depending on the court, the location of the lighting is also different, and I can only make the (requests) after actually being there."

Not only that, Ito pointed out that there is a problem with the route between the two competition halls. Players do not have a separate channel and must pass through the same path as the audience, who would inevitably encounter fans looking for a photo and signature.

She confided her troubles: "Although I am very happy, I still want to concentrate before the match. So I have no time, I am very sorry, I turned down more than usual." But OTOH, it is also an accumulation of experience to go through so many emergencies in a day.

201904230000043-w500_1.jpg

201904230000043-w500_2.jpg

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Rubbers.jpg

Some supplemental coloration to make your life a joyment endless. As proposed by EQ ITTF.
The SkyBlue is my choice of preference, it makes me feel like being on Seventh Heaven, indeed....

Last edited:
Jan 2018
CM and FTW having problems here. Totally unexpected.

CM 11:9 x2 Wong Xin Ru

Last edited: