says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
or maybe LGL's abscence made some big impact. I highly doubt XX would lose with liu on the bench. there were several "unexpected" from the chinese in world tours and the world cup, but not so unexpected when ur no1 coach is absent

Ya, I joked about banning LGL for being overpowered in the corner before he "was retired" in 2017.

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
its not that simple. japan has a huge budget for tt compared to china and they didnt achieve something big. china has more employees involved that are paid much less.

chen qi for example was paid only 700-800 euros to be a provincial coach in his province. and he is a former olympic gold medallist. his wage was too small and he coped with his everyday expenses because he was connected with some local sponsors that helped him. imagine how less money a non famous TT employee gets.

Japan are clearly thee second best TT nation and one of the main reasons why is funding. Your example makes my point.

If a billionaire decided to invest in, say, Indian table tennis. A billion dollars over 10 years. I guarantee India are only behind China at that point and maybe ahead.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Japan are clearly thee second best TT nation and one of the main reasons why is funding. Your example makes my point.

If a billionaire decided to invest in, say, Indian table tennis. A billion dollars over 10 years. I guarantee India are only behind China at that point and maybe ahead.

a billion over 10 years? dude. be realistic my example does the exact opposite. money alone does not make a difference, not as much as you think. you cant replace experience and quality of training that the chinese have just by funding money.

the swedes have beaten the chinese with a small budget, and they did some simple stuff. trained in china, studied their opponents and way of thinking, and believe they could do it. it took them 8 years of consecutive losses in world competitions befor they achieved it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Just love an emotional player after a huge win .. Congrats Liu Shi Wen. liu shi wen4.jpg

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Amazing achievement by Falck. A bit unreal to be in a final especially when coming from a country that invests close to nothing in TT. A country with something like 6000 registered players. Feeling proud as hell.

In the past they’ve been a big TT-nation for many years.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Jan 2018
After the success from late 80's to early 2000's TT has been shamefully wasted and ignored in Sweden. Floor hockey, football and icehockey take center stage. Hopefully Falck reaching the final will spark another successful era.

That's so sad. Nonetheless, the legend lives on in China. Fans still reminisce about that era from time to time.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
After the success from late 80's to early 2000's TT has been shamefully wasted and ignored in Sweden. Floor hockey, football and icehockey take center stage. Hopefully Falck reaching the final will spark another successful era.

Sadly not the only sport in Sweden that lacked support in the last 20 years. I personally blame Ibrahimovic for this.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I say if Falck wins the final then short pips are officially OP. He wouldn't have gotten nowhere near the semifinal if Falck had played with inverted rubber on his FH like the rest of the players.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I say if Falck wins the final then short pips are officially OP. He wouldn't have gotten nowhere near the semifinal if Falck had played with inverted rubber on his FH like the rest of the players.

I'm super excited to see MLs tactics against the pips smasher. After losing recently to a few of these types at the tt club, Im seeing this final as a lesson too :)
I am amazed by how ML changes pace on nearly every shot as his opponents try to hit through him. Curious if he will employ this on Falck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Although chances are slim but I think Falck winning the title will be the best for everyone. Having a non-Chinese winner sends an encouraging signal to the rest of the world. Likewise if ML were to lose, it will spur the CNT to seriously groom the next generation of male players. Compared to the female team, the disparity within the male team is still rather pronounced, or rather the gap between ML and the rest of his compatriots remains palpable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Lost at love ( ZJK), lost in the biggest finals (DN) and being slowly pushed by emerging new comers towards the end of her career, LSW showed what grit, determination , hard work and self belief can accomplish. What a great role model for anyone struggling with different things in life and come up on top. Will be cheering for you, LSW, at Olympics 2020 in person.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013

I would say Ma Long wouldn't have gotten nowhere near the final if he had played with short pips on his forehand