This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Very excited for the tournament. Ma Long is in top form and it would be interesting to see Timo Boll and Co in full swing too!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Will you perchance be carrying a long lens and post wonderful closeups here?

Nah sorry, iam gonna lay back on my seat sipping booze and enjoy the games :p
Ill leave the quality footage to ITTF , ahh wait...

Last edited:
Reactions: K.P
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019

Just hope they don't mess up with the camera angles this time around.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I would like to see a men's singles final with Pitchford vs. Calderano, but this is highly unlikely.
No having seen the bracket, my prediction is Fan Zhendong vs. Lin Gaoyuan, or Ma Long, with Fan being the winner.

I expect Chen Meng will win the women's singles.

Are the brackets posted somewhere yet?

--Tim

[FONT=&quot]As you mentioned, that duel is highly unlikely especially with Chinese and German players involved in the mix. But, both Pitchford and Calderano can certainly come up with some "shock victories" and stun the favourites.[/FONT]

Reactions: trumpet_guy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Can't wait for the WTTC
Hope Timo can make any upsets and reach out for a medal again. This might be his last chance...

As predicted China is coming back stronger and stronger in the last weeks and tournaments. Even the world rankings correct themselves magically everytime we are heading to the beginning of the odd years and finally when April begins. If we think of last year at that time, when Dima or Timo were on top of the lists, they are now not even seeded 1-4 again. Only fortunate thing is, that ovtcharov could face Ma Long at the earliest in semi finals if I'm thinking correct.

Maybe this time they will get a better draw. Timo was like having 2 times Ma Long and 1 time Fan Zhendong out of the last 6 years :D And the Qatar open just proofed, that Timos luck for the draw is not the best :p

But all in all I'll be cheering for whole Europe, America and Africa to see someone taking over for a medal since 2011 in Rotterdam.

My favs and secret favs for a medal (Non chinese) are: Harimoto, Boll, Ovtcharov, Franziska, Calderano, Woojin, Falck, Pitchford, Lin-Yun Ju (Maybe Koki Niwa if he's in the Harimoto quarter )

Rooting for Timo too, although I have high hopes for Dima as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017

What sector man? I'll be there with some of my friends too, Can't wait.
@Yoass I'm not big in photography either sorry, but will send updates ... : )

Reactions: yoass and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I'd bet on the usual suspects. Dark horse is Ovtcharov. Slowly but surely he's approaching his pre-injury form.

Franziska could very well be the Dark Horse in this tournament. He has shown brilliant form during recent matches except some one-offs where he was clearly unlucky.

Reactions: phorkyas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Do they sell liquor in the arena or do you carry a flask ?

You can only bring in one flask max 0,5 l and it can only be mineral water, but iam sure they sell beer.

But if its not enough i can always get drunk before entering the different halls.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
If it's one time to be sober it's when watching the greatest tt tournament in the world.

If it's going to be Ma Long vs Fan again I won't mind a little beer too, but if it's going to be The Kid vs Ma or Fzd or Xu ... I won't have time for drinks anyway ... ; )

Last edited:
Reactions: BlipBlop575