This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Freitas could be tricky for him, he lost last year against him. Very poor draw for China, I mean 4 chinese in the upper half and only Xu Xin in the bottom half. Not a good draw. Boll can be happy, also Woojin - a possibly R16 match. This is a decent chance for Boll to win a medal finally.

Yeah, sure Freitas too. I'd say ... Harimoto probably unlike ML, FZD, or XX is much more susceptible to loose to best Europeans ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
The crowd was almost as hyped for the magician as the crowd at Qatar Open throughout the event.

(but unlike in the QO, it kinda makes sense. Really strange decision to put the magician there)

The best thing would be, if the magician decided to show some tricks with those white balls they used for draws ... ha ha ha ;)))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Freitas could be tricky for him, he lost last year against him. Very poor draw for China, I mean 4 chinese in the upper half and only Xu Xin in the bottom half. Not a good draw. Boll can be happy, also Woojin - a possibly R16 match. This is a decent chance for Boll to win a medal finally.

Timo already won a medal in 2011 ;)
But After getting ml and fzd in the last 6 years in qf, its just fair that hes now in a good Position to Go for a medal again.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Fun fact: Best German result at wttc Individualist is Eberhard Schöler winning Silver Till now. This Happened at wttc 69 in Munich on April 27th. Which is exactly 50 years ago right now. Maybe some good Fortune for germany ;)

And thinking of Dortmund 89 when Roßkopf and fetzner became World Champions, this was 30 years ago

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Fun fact: Best German result at wttc Individualist is Eberhard Schöler winning Silver Till now. This Happened at wttc 69 in Munich on April 27th. Which is exactly 50 years ago right now. Maybe some good Fortune for germany ;)

And thinking of Dortmund 89 when Roßkopf and fetzner became World Champions, this was 30 years ago

Yep, they beat Zoran Kalinic and Polish Leszek Kucharski ... 89 was also a bronze medal in singles for Andrzej Grubba ... too long ago ... : )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Men's Singles top half of draw is a shark tank. Ma Long has a tough road to win. If seedings hold he will face Kanak Jha, Samsonov, Calderano, LGY, FZD, and XX.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Top half is sick. Ma Long and Calderano have a tough road. Also probably LJK - FZD in R 16.

Xu Xin and HArimoto with the relative bracket luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I was quite ready to write Xu Xin off, as I would put any other Chinese player in the draw as a favorite against him, but he must be smiling from ear to ear right now. All of his teammates are in the opposite half. Xu Xin will NEVER EVER get a better chance than this.

Timo Boll can be very pleased with his draw as well.

Ovtcharov gets Kiki Niwa again, or Karlsson. Could be much worse for him - Dima has been very fortunate with draws in a few of his last big events.

Top half is loaded. FZD - LJK is an insane R16.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Yeh ITO is "due" to face SUN YS for her 3rd match.... it will be very very tough; Then it would be WANG Manyu... and then the other Chinese... 4 top Chinese players to beat to become WC.

sounds like MISSION IMPOSSIBLE...

It doesn't sound that bad actually. She has a fairly good chance against SYS and WMY and these 2 are playing in singles for the 1st time.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
For me personally, the trouble is that if Ito loses in R-32, the rest of the games in the WS are of no interest .... The Chinese semi-final ....
If she wins (my opinion, odds from 4 to 6) - then the game with WMY, CM, DN / LSW ....
The odds .... alas ......