This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I did not see this in the Video clip Zeio posted .. can you please point me to the clip where the judge called it ...

What I saw is this :

1. SYS misses the shot.
2. the assistant umpire gives the point to Japan
3. SYS points to the net and says its a let ...
4. the umpire over rules and gives a let ...

now keep in mind the general courtesy in any serious game, if you think the serve is let you are supposed to raise your left hand , and play the ball back on the table ... you cannot attempt a shot and when it misses claim the serve was let ... again this is the how normal table tennis pros with sportsmanship operate ... I don't want to debate .. but nothing close to that happened ...

Please dont blame SYS so much !! The games tension is high and maybe she made a mistake with no intension . ITTF has put many obstacle in CNT's way already and even with this limits they won evey thing possible . I can say it was an unlucky moment for japanese pair .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Ma long and qin zhijian were the happiest men in the world yesterday

0065MgIQly1g2inf61bhpj30lz0rsn09.jpg

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Ma long and qin zhijian were the happiest men in the world yesterday

View attachment 19060

Even though Ma Long was no match for Falck, it was the intense pressure of winning against foreigner in final which made it a tad difficult for ML. This was the only reason for ML's blip during 3rd-4th set. I also like the post match interview where ML told he is yet reach his peak in terms of his TT career so that is good news for all the fans. The hunger is there and dragon's rule will continue. I think he will the first CNT player to continue till Boll's age :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Please dont blame SYS so much !! The games tension is high and maybe she made a mistake with no intension . ITTF has put many obstacle in CNT's way already and even with this limits they won evey thing possible . I can say it was an unlucky moment for japanese pair .

I don't really understand your logic! Are you saying because the game tension is high it is ok to cheat?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Not sure that the players of such high class as the WMY and SYS did not know that they lost this ball cleanly .....
This is well seen in the record ....They perceived this episode as a loss of a ball ...
But then ..... They used the obvious error of the judges .....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
1. SYS misses the shot.
2. the assistant umpire gives the point to Japan
wrong, she points at the edge of the table calling an edge ball. The way assistant umpire gives points to somebody is very simple: she flips the score on her scoreboard and that's it, no hand gestures. The whole sequence is bizzarre, since the edge ball wasn't the final decision of the main ref. Possibly she called a let serve right away but you can't see it in the feed.

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
you are right ... but even then the point that I made earlier stands ... SYS should not have claimed the let ...
wrong, she points at the edge of the table calling an edge ball. The way assistant umpire gives points to somebody is very simple: she flips the score on her scoreboard and that's it, no hand gestures. The whole sequence is bizzarre, since the edge ball wasn't the final decision of the main ref. Possibly she called a let serve right away but you can't see it in the feed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
ping fun ... this is not you and me playing ... at that level they don't make those mistakes ..... watch the video that Zeio posted and hear and understand the reaction of LXX and the chinese commentator ... they clearly don't support what is going on but because they are on CCTV they just objectively make some observations and keep quiet ...

and your point about being harsh on SYS is just naive ... if they were sportsmen they should have just gone and corrected the score ... remember how they fixed the score in the semifinal when it was against their teammates ...

at that level .. they exactly know what is going on my friend
What I say is how we can say she cheated FOR SURE ? maybe she made mistake too

This user has no status.
ping fun ... this is not you and me playing ... at that level they don't make those mistakes ..... watch the video that Zeio posted and hear and understand the reaction of LXX and the chinese commentator ... they clearly don't support what is going on but because they are on CCTV they just objectively make some observations and keep quiet ...

and your point about being harsh on SYS is just naive ... if they were sportsmen they should have just gone and corrected the score ... remember how they fixed the score in the semifinal when it was against their teammates ...

Don't try to reason with ping fun. He/she is just chinese fanboy/girl who will defend them at all cost even when it's wrong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Well, the JNT (Mika Baba) has filed a formal complaint to ITTF and asked that the hawk-eye system be installed for Tokyo 2020.

When interviewed, Hayata was adamant that she did not serve the ball into the net, neither did the trajectory change and believes that even the Chinese players do not think so either because they did not raise their hands at the first instance. (赛后,早田希娜委屈的接受日本媒体的采访时抱怨道:“我发球的时候,明明看到球没有触到网口的白线,球飞行轨迹没有改变,而且中国选手也没有第一时间示意擦网,显然连她们都不认为这是个擦网球。”)

Concurring, Ito further chimed in that the fault definitely lies with the main umpire and nobody believes that it was a let serve. However, they had to let things go because it was pointless to engage in a debate with the umpire. If they had been in the lead for game 5 (i.e. 10-9), things would have been very different. In the end, she blames it on luck, or specifically that luck was not on their side but the Chinese's (另外一位日本选手伊藤美诚也暗示中国队运气好:“这绝对是裁判的误判,所有人都认为这不是擦网球。只可惜我们争辩没有用,如果是我们10-9领先,局势就完全不一样了。中国队获胜是运气好,今天我们没有运气!”).

I think filing a complaint is definitely fair but there is one point which IMO is pretty uncalled for. In the article, one of the points of appeal raised concerns the ethnicity of the umpire. The JNT believes that the Malaysian umpire sided with the CNT because she is ethnically Chinese and owing to her ability to speak Mandarin as well. (日本乒协也已经向国际乒联递交了抗议书,质疑来自马来西亚具有中国血统会说中文的女主裁的公正性,并且呼吁明年奥运会乒乓球比赛引进鹰眼系统.) That is basically essentialism and frankly a little racist.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews

What you wrote can be true , But we must consider the umpire's fault too specially in that level .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
The JNT believes that the Malaysian umpire sided with the CNT because she is ethnically Chinese and owing to her ability to speak Mandarin as well.
ugh. What next, Harimoto lost on purpose so as not to challenge CNT because he's ethnically Chinese? I hope Mika Baba isn't personally responsible for this complaint. Demanding hawk-eye in 2019 is good and should be supported by other federations, but the umpire's race, seriously?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
It is the same video that zeio posted .. worse quality ... tbh

The quality may be worse but I can see clearly that it was the assistant umpire who pointed let before SYS or WMY did and not the other way round. And as per Japanese players interview, it is also clear. What happens after umpire called let is a different argument altogether.

When interviewed, Hayata was adamant that she did not serve the ball into the net, neither did the trajectory change and believes that even the Chinese players do not think so either because they did not raise their hands at the first instance. (赛后,早田希娜委屈的接受日本媒体的采访时抱怨道:“我发球的时候,明明看到球没有触到网口的白线,球飞行轨迹没有改变,而且中国选手也没有第一时间示意擦网,显然连她们都不认为这是个擦网球。”)

Concurring, Ito further chimed in that the fault definitely lies with the main umpire and nobody believes that it was a let serve. However, they had to let things go because it was pointless to engage in a debate with the umpire. If they had been in the lead for game 5 (i.e. 10-9), things would have been very different. In the end, she blames it on luck, or specifically that luck was not on their side but the Chinese's (另外一位日本选手伊藤美诚也暗示中国队运气好:“这绝对是裁判的误判,所有人都认为这不是擦网球。只可惜我们争辩没有用,如果是我们10-9领先,局势就完全不一样了。中国队获胜是运气好,今天我们没有运气!”).

Last edited:
Reactions: Atas Newton