Harimoto InnerForce ALC Review

NDH

says Spin to win!
So, it FINALLY arrived. After initially being touted for release on the 1st April, the UK STILL hasn't got them in stock, so I managed to get Butterfly Europe to send me one directly.

I'll update this as I learn more, but wanted to give you guys a few photos before my match tonight.

8 - dSyI8KL.jpg1 - F7a3HW0.jpg4 - bJuSvDq.jpg

A few thoughts from me initially.......

The handle is a nice shape/size - Similar to the Garaydia series rather than the Timo Boll series (the TB blades are a little squarer, where as this is a bit rounder).

It could be nothing, but the Garaydia series feels a little bigger in the hand, but there really isn't much in it and Butterfly say they are the same size.

The "wings" of the Harimoto are quite prominent - So anyone with a high grip will likely want to sand them a little.

I love the overall design, but the feeling of the blade (the actual material/wood), doesn't feel as "premium" as the Garaydia ZLC I bought a few years ago.

That had a really smooth finish (maybe even too smooth), but just felt very very premium.

The Harimoto ALC has a similar texture to the Timo Boll ALC - A little rougher (still not rough, but rougher than the Garaydia), and it'll likely be easier to hold on to when sweaty!

The overall weight with rubbers attached is 190 grams, which is 4 grams heavier than my Tibhar VS Unlimited (expected due to the slightly larger head).

If anyone has any questions, let me know as I'm about to play the Silver medallist from the Commonwealth Games in 1974 (see if you can guess which one!)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
In all fairness, the Garaydia is more expensive, €40 difference.

So, it FINALLY arrived. After initially being touted for release on the 1st April, the UK STILL hasn't got them in stock, so I managed to get Butterfly Europe to send me one directly.

I'll update this as I learn more, but wanted to give you guys a few photos before my match tonight.

View attachment 18961View attachment 18963View attachment 18962

The handle is a nice shape/size - Similar to the Garaydia series rather than the Timo Boll series (the TB blades are a little squarer, where as this is a bit rounder).

It could be nothing, but the Garaydia series feels a little bigger in the hand, but there really isn't much in it and Butterfly say they are the same size.

The "wings" of the Harimoto are quite prominent - So anyone with a high grip will likely want to sand them a little.

I love the overall design, but the feeling of the blade (the actual material/wood), doesn't feel as "premium" as the Garaydia ZLC I bought a few years ago.

That had a really smooth finish (maybe even too smooth), but just felt very very premium.

The Harimoto ALC has a similar texture to the Timo Boll ALC - A little rougher (still not rough, but rougher than the Garaydia), and it'll likely be easier to hold on to when sweaty!

The overall weight with rubbers attached is 190 grams, which is 4 grams heavier than my Tibhar VS Unlimited (expected due to the slightly larger head).

If anyone has any questions, let me know as I'm about to play the Silver medallist from the Commonwealth Games in 1974 (see if you can guess which one!)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

NDH

says Spin to win!
In all fairness, the Garaydia is more expensive, €40 difference.

Oh absolutely, I don’t think Butterfly have made any other blades like the Garaydia series (in terms of how the feel in the hand).

Probably because it’s not optimum when you start sweating, they are very slippy!

This user has no status.

View attachment 18961View attachment 18963View attachment 18962

Trick question, table tennis wasn't played at that event?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Oh absolutely, I don’t think Butterfly have made any other blades like the Garaydia series (in terms of how the feel in the hand).

Probably because it’s not optimum when you start sweating, they are very slippy!

I have tried the garaydia and think the grip feels pretty okay. Kinda likes when the blades moves a little in the hand. Holds pretty loosely so proably change the grip a little when adjusting the angle. But it is not good if the racket will fly out of your hand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Not sure now ... ; )
Btw, how's Dignics doing on it? Is the D05 more in the direction of T64?

Dignics is doing pretty well, I just switched my backhand from T80 to D05 a few days ago. I wouldn't say it's more in the direction of T64, I tried T05 on the backhand for sometime as well, but found it a bit hard to control so I went back to T80, and the reason for not using T64 is it feels a bit too stiff good for blocking not too good for loops, at least not with my stroke. T80 gives me a bit of both, and now D05 feels more controllable, and still blocks about the same, might because it is a harder rubber, 40 vs. 36 according to Butterfly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Dignics is doing pretty well, I just switched my backhand from T80 to D05 a few days ago. I wouldn't say it's more in the direction of T64, I tried T05 on the backhand for sometime as well, but found it a bit hard to control so I went back to T80, and the reason for not using T64 is it feels a bit too stiff good for blocking not too good for loops, at least not with my stroke. T80 gives me a bit of both, and now D05 feels more controllable, and still blocks about the same, might because it is a harder rubber, 40 vs. 36 according to Butterfly.

Thanks. I'm actually very interested in switching to Harimoto's. I like the fact that it's head is slightly larger than a typical Innerforce ... I'm not a big fan of Bty pricing politics though ... would you justify it, considering the difference between T80 and the new one ... ? : )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Thanks. I'm actually very interested in switching to Harimoto's. I like the fact that it's head is slight larger than a typical Innerforce ... I'm not a big fan of Bty pricing politics though ... would you justify it, consider the difference between T80 and the new one ... ? : )

I'm not a fan of the pricing either, but I'm in the position where I don't really need to worry about the price... so I bought it. But the price difference is huge compared to the normal Innerforce Layer ALC, and I don't think the larger sweet spot due to the larger head size is such an improvement that you should spend $80 more on it (not sure about the price difference in other places). But if you like the idea of inner layer carbons, Innerforce Layer ALC is one of the better ones you can find. I've also tried Hurricane Long 5 for awhile but the handle is a bit too thin for me and I always had the feeling it might slid out of my hand and fly towards my opponent's face. lol Innerforce Layer ALC doesn't have that problem, so I'd recommend that one over Long 5, and they are priced quite similarly.

Last edited:
I am going to try mine tomorrow.

And what's wrong with Bty... There is loads of heavy ones on the Chinese market. I ask the dealers around, they told me all their stocks are 95g+ some even 97g.

I just have to pay a little be more to get a 92g one. And you seems to get lighter ones in the Europe.

But I got mine around £100. Maybe they just get rid of the heavy ones for a cheaper price?

微信图片_20190418232059.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I'm not a fan of the pricing either, but I'm in the position where I don't really need to worry about the price... so I bought it. But the price difference is huge compared to the normal Innerforce Layer ALC, and I don't think the larger sweet spot due to the larger head size is such an improvement that you should spend $80 more on it (not sure about the price difference in other places). But if you like the idea of inner layer carbons, Innerforce Layer ALC is one of the better ones you can find. I've also tried Hurricane Long 5 for awhile but the handle is a bit too thin for me and I always had the feeling it might slid out of my hand and fly towards my opponent's face. lol Innerforce Layer ALC doesn't have that problem, so I'd recommend that one over Long 5, and they are priced quite similarly.

Actually the price of Harimoto's blade is about the same as Innerforce ALC, at least in Poland. I was more interested in T80 and Dignics ; ) But I understand it gives you a greater comfort for looping and blocking at the same time ...

Yeah the thin handle is an issue for me too. Some blades i.e. also have longer handles than usual ones and it feels quite awkward for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Actually the price of Harimoto's blade is about the same as Innerforce ALC, at least in Poland. I was more interested in T80 and Dignics ; ) But I understand it gives you a greater comfort for looping and blocking at the same time ...

Yeah the thin handle is an issue for me too. Some blades i.e. also have longer handles than usual ones and it feels quite awkward for me.

Go for it then. You’ll love it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jawien