Butterfly Dignics 05 Rubber Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi NextLevel,

What would you say is the hardness of G-1 and C-1?

What made you change from MX-P (or was it MX-S?) to G-1?
G-1 is pretty hard maybe like Vega Pro and around 47 degrees. C-1 is a bit softer closer to 45 degrees. But it is still a hard topsheet like G‐1.

G-1 comes from the same generation as Barracuda, Genius and Hexer which I all liked with the plastic ball but which all didn't suit my game in one way or another. MX-S is just too heavy and I needed something I could swing to get the ball moving without hitting too hard. It is quite possible that my slow blades and large strokes are the real problem. But MX-S is a heavy rubber. I needed something that sometimes let me get a good ball with less effort.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
G-1 is pretty hard maybe like Vega Pro and around 47 degrees. C-1 is a bit softer closer to 45 degrees. But it is still a hard topsheet like G‐1.

G-1 comes from the same generation as Barracuda, Genius and Hexer which I all liked with the plastic ball but which all didn't suit my game in one way or another. MX-S is just too heavy and I needed something I could swing to get the ball moving without hitting too hard. It is quite possible that my slow blades and large strokes are the real problem. But MX-S is a heavy rubber. I needed something that sometimes let me get a good ball with less effort.

Thank you for the valuable info! I had tried C-1 3-4 years ago and remembered it to be softer but wasn't sure. Yes, I find MX-S and MX-P to be too heavy as well. Good to know G-1 and C-1 are not so heavy. Looking for something a bit harder than Rakza 7 Soft but not too heavy, so C-1, Rozena or back to Tenergy FX might be good options for me.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I hope Dignics is a giant success, all the pros start using it, demand for Tenergy drops off a cliff, and Butterfly has to lower the price of T05. So, please, from now on only positive reviews. That shouldn't be too hard because D05 is an excellent rubber based on my 10 minute hit with it on a borrowed blade. Slightly harder, less bouncy than T05, even grippier. Unique feel. In conclusion, a sheet of D05 is easily $200 worth of rubber for only $105. That's what I call a bargain.

Demand for Tenergy is higher than ever now. Price gonna rise forever. Same thing happened when Tenergy was released a decade ago. Sriver cost roughly US$20, now $36.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Butterfly is a ripoff. I bought my first sheets of T05 for $55 a sheet from the Paddle Palace in 2009. Inflation and the yen/$ ratio don't account for the increase in price.

I like the TT11 4 for 3 bargains. Rakza 7 is good enough.
I like Vega Pro too but I haven't seen any 4 for 3 bargains on Vega Pro.

What force/impulse can you make with T05 or D05 that you can't make with Vega Pro?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Butterfly is a ripoff. I bought my first sheets of T05 for $55 a sheet from the Paddle Palace in 2009. Inflation and the yen/$ ratio don't account for the increase in price.

What force/impulse can you make with T05 or D05 that you can't make with Vega Pro?
While I applaud your effort to reduce demand for T05, I think the target market will only move in response to something even better, not to something merely good enough. It's true you can make the same kind of shots with Vega Pro, but the inconvenient truth is that it's easier with T05.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.

Vega Pro has been 4 for 3 on TT11 for years now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
there are a lot of good rubbers on the market, you just need to find right rubber blade combinations..

I don't play with T05 for over a year now, they are imho mushy with new abs plastic balls. I switched to chinese rubbers on FHD (DianChi D), on BH GoldArc 8

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I am sure Butterfly has done considerable research on creating a price point for Dig05 which would create separation between it and Tenergy. No way they would price this product at or near the Tenergy price points as it offers them nothing but moving business from one product line to another. Better to establish the Dig05 niche price point as an upgrade rubber technology and hopefully generate new business niche they can expand overtime. Butterfly is hoping to have its all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Thats why we should not buy it at all .. let them bring it to the same price point as Tenergy or lower :p and we can think of buying it .... lol
I am sure Butterfly has done considerable research on creating a price point for Dig05 which would create separation between it and Tenergy. No way they would price this product at or near the Tenergy price points as it offers them nothing but moving business from one product line to another. Better to establish the Dig05 niche price point as an upgrade rubber technology and hopefully generate new business niche they can expand overtime. Butterfly is hoping to have its all.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Butterfly Tenergy export to Egypt, Cairo, national sport center, 40 USD/ Belorussian coach makes huge money from reselling the rubber/

Be happy//

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Is there a reason to tell on him ? Let him make his money on the side and let some people with connections play with tenergy for what its actually worth !
Butterfly Tenergy export to Egypt, Cairo, national sport center, 40 USD/ Belorussian coach makes huge money from reselling the rubber/

Be happy//

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
But..... I think it’s the overall trend that would concern me. £56 for Tenergy now feels “normal”, for many players in the UK - But in reality, it’s a hefty price to pay (although I still pay it!)

So I fully understand people wanting to make a stand against this type of pricing structure, and the only way you can do that is by not buying the product.

Butterfly are acting like Apple - A marketing company that produces table tennis equipment.
I think you are onto something here. This is possibly a way to expand on the milk cow T05 and expand the series even more. I wonder how many rubbers in the series you can actually keep on releasing without anything that really stands out. With D09C and Tenergy 09C coming up, I am actually quite excited about if any of those will become a new flagship product or just silently fade out and disappear ;)

On a side note, I have been playing more and with a Sanwei Fextra racket and DHS Goldarc 8 on both sides lately. I like the setup better for every day that goes by, and for my simple play style, pretty close to T05. At 1/2 half the price of Tenergy and 1/3 the price of Dignics 05 I may even stay with it.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Aging is a killer
Any updates from anyone?

A few months have now passed since D05 was released. Has anyone stuck with it?
I have, more to get my money's worth than anything else.
I am not good enough to give a proper review, however, I have had trouble getting to grips with its capabilities. But it clicked a month or so ago. I complained to a young player (flashy FH) that I could not play with it on my FH. He took my bat, BBC Ghost, and started driving and looping as if it was the easiest thing in the world. He loved it. Far better than the ESN that he was using, he said. Unfortunately it then dawned on me that what I thought was my decent FH was in fact crap compared to his.
What Dignics05 really requires is a player of high standard with a very good technique.
That's why I will continue to use it. If I start to get the drives and loops on the table then maybe I can consider myself to be of a high standard.
Meanwhile, I've dropped down a division in my local league this season to reflect my 'progress'.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Since one month I have a Dignics on my BH and I love it. Frankly I didn't expect it to be so controllable especially in serve returns, blocks and drives. Love the speed it offers and the Banana flip finally doesn't seem to be a fruit made just for gods. Pushes are loaded with spin...
On the other hand I don't see the Dignics bringing any specific extra for my serves