Something better than Gewo Hype XT pro 40.0-1.9

I'm also in the running for a new rubber. For the moment i play with Gewo Hype XT pro 40.0-1.9 on my FH. Lovely rubber but i have work hard with it for a little bit speed/power, spin (really great) and control is very good for my game and not a problem. I already bought the Andro Rasanter R42-2.0 and now i'm not sure if i want to use this for the next season. I doubt...
Some other possibilities are this Hexer Grip SFX-1.9, Gewo Nexxus EL PRO 43-1.9 (afraid he is to hard for me) and also Stiga Genesis II-S-2.0.
I love looping spins (on an old way, my weapon :)) halfway from the table and try to controle the game.
Difficult choice!

This user has no status.
I recommend you at least try one sheet of Nexxus EL Pro 43. Use 2.1mm or max thickness. This rubber does not feel very hard. The thin top sheet makes the rubber feel softer than the sponge hardness would suggest.

Get the sheet brand new, because its power does fall off as it is used. I used a 2.1mm sheet of it on one side for 4 months. It was very nice.

Since you have the Rasanter, which should be similar, go ahead and try it for a couple months and see how you like it.

Hexer Grip gets good reviews for spin, as does Genesis II, but I doubt either of them are especially powerful back from the table.

--Tim

Last edited:
I recommend you at least try one sheet of Nexxus EL Pro 43. Use 2.1mm or max thickness. This rubber does not feel very hard. The thin top sheet makes the rubber feel softer than the sponge hardness would suggest.

Get the sheet brand new, because its power does fall off as it is used. I used a 2.1mm sheet of it on one side for 4 months. It was very nice.

Since you have the Rasanter, which should be similar, go ahead and try it for a couple months and see how you like it.

Hexer Grip gets good reviews for spin, as does Genesis II, but I doubt either of them are especially powerful back from the table.

--Tim

Thank you very much for this recommendation Tim.
Over the last 20 years we didn’t play any more with rubbers thicker than 1.9. Probably 2.1 or max. will be too fast for me.
We will try the Rasanter R42 for sure and will bought also the Nexxus EL PRO 43 I suppose.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

You should consider getting a Mizuno Q4 1.9
It is a bit hard, but, will suffice your requirement
Definitely not hard to control

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Never heard about this rubber. We now the brand only from there shoes, because we used them. [emoji16]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk