Dignics and its Effect on Sales of Tenergy and Rozena

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think this video belongs in this thread:

I have found a complete lack of of engineers or scientist on TT forums.
If there are any they won't work for peanuts.

I like the P.T. Barnum quotes
"No man ever went broke overestimating the ignorance of the American public." ~ P. T. Barnum
"You can fool most of the people most of the time." ~ P. T. Barnum
"Many people are gullible, and we can expect this to continue." ~ P. T. Barnum
"There is a fool born every minute" ~ P. T. Barnum
"But however mysterious is nature , however ignorant the doctor, however imperfect the present state of physical science , the patronage and the success of quacks and quackeries are infinitely more wonderful than those of honest and laborious men of science and their careful experiments." ~ P. T. Barnum
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I have found a complete lack of of engineers or scientist on TT forums.
If there are any they won't work for peanuts.

I like the P.T. Barnum quotes
"No man ever went broke overestimating the ignorance of the American public." ~ P. T. Barnum
"You can fool most of the people most of the time." ~ P. T. Barnum
"Many people are gullible, and we can expect this to continue." ~ P. T. Barnum
"There is a fool born every minute" ~ P. T. Barnum
"But however mysterious is nature , however ignorant the doctor, however imperfect the present state of physical science , the patronage and the success of quacks and quackeries are infinitely more wonderful than those of honest and laborious men of science and their careful experiments." ~ P. T. Barnum

"Shocker that people discuss table tennis instead of science and engineering on a table tennis forum. There are likely quite a few engineers and scientists on TT forums. But unlike brokenball, they can compartmentalize those discussions, because they realize that theoretical physics and science are far down the totem pole of importance when discussing how to actually play and understand the game of table tennis."

-zyu81

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
"Shocker that people discuss table tennis instead of science and engineering on a table tennis forum. There are likely quite a few engineers and scientists on TT forums. But unlike brokenball, they can compartmentalize those discussions, because they realize that theoretical physics and science are far down the totem pole of importance when discussing how to actually play and understand the game of table tennis."

-zyu81
I play TT for the health of it now. It is too bad the P.T. Barum is correct. Too many are suckers for the latest TT fad.

I have tried to explain dwell time but that thread got deleted and I was banned. You guys don't deserve a second chance without an apology.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I play TT for the health of it now. It is too bad the P.T. Barum is correct. Too many are suckers for the latest TT fad.

I have tried to explain dwell time but that thread got deleted and I was banned. You guys don't deserve a second chance without an apology.

I really don't want to do this. But this post shows you don't remember things or that there are simply things you refuse to understand because I know I have explained this to you in PMs. So, I suggest you ask yourself: is there a forum that did not ban you? You got banned from this forum for calling people bad names and arguing with people.

You were not privy to the dialogues behind the scenes between me and Dan, where finally Dan said he had too many complaints about you making personal attacks and calling people names like "idiot." Then Dan read through what, at the time was your last 50 posts and found that in almost all of them you were arguing and calling someone a bad name. That, in most of them, the primary thing you were doing was making personal attacks.

You did not get banned for anything related to physics or dwell time. You got banned for your lack of people skills in a format where you are not the boss and people did not treat you like you were an expert.

I think this is a shame because I feel you could have a lot to offer the forum if you knew how to speak to people who do not work with or for you in your field, and if you understood that you do know an awful lot about physics and engineering but that your skill level in TT may limit your ability to understand certain aspects of the game.

Last edited:
I really don't want to do this. But this post shows you don't remember things or that there are simply things you refuse to understand because I know I have explained this to you in PMs. So, I suggest you ask yourself: is there a forum that did not ban you? You got banned from this forum for calling people bad names and arguing with people.

You were not privy to the dialogues behind the scenes between me and Dan, where finally Dan said he had too many complaints about you making personal attacks and calling people names like "idiot." Then Dan read through what, at the time was your last 50 posts and found that in almost all of them you were arguing and calling someone a bad name. That, in most of them, the primary thing you were doing was making personal attacks.

You did not get banned for anything related to physics or dwell time. You got banned for your lack of people skills in a format where you are not the boss and people did not treat you like you were an expert.

I think this is a shame because I feel you could have a lot to offer the forum if you knew how to speak to people who do not work with or for you in your field, and if you understood that you do know an awful lot about physics and engineering but that your skill level in TT may limit your ability to understand certain aspects of the game.
I know several people who are way smarter than him who are in the field of engineering and plays really well but do no act or talk like him like everything revolves around physics.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Alright guys, I am going to ask you to see if you can let what I wrote stand so this isn't everyone pilling on BrokenBall. I really like BB and feel he has something valuable to offer the forum.

I do think we can let my post stand for itself. I really would like BB to be able to continue to be a productive member of this forum. I just felt it was worth being clear about the fact that he has been banned from every TT forum he has been a part of, and specifically, why he was banned from this forum years ago under a different username.

Thank you for letting me handle this without that much extra commentary.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019

Yup. However, based on zeio's thread link from 2015 it seems unlikely that the last bolded line will ever happen.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
A few days ago, Miyazaki answered popular questions on equipment in a series of tweets that highlights the actual game is far more than just physics. Some things are just the way they are.

https://twitter.com/donata_japan/status/1308191536652328960
宮崎義仁@donata_japan·Sep 22
一流選手のラバー代、年間約100万前後かかります。メーカーさんと契約したらそな支出は免れますが、そのメーカーさん以外のラバーは使えません。最高の粘着ラバーを使うには中国メーカーと契約が必要です。しかし今まで中国メーカーと契約できた日本選手を私は知りません。

中国製ラバーは精度が数段階に分かれています。最高精度のラバーは海外には流出しないと言われています。運良く手にしても安定的に入手するのは難しいと考えます。

フォロワーさんに問題です。
トップ選手のほとんどがフォア黒面、バック赤面です。なぜでしょう?
(以前4月6日卓球の日のイベントで私が一般の方から質問された内容です。)

前に私もメーカーの方に質問しました。返ってきた答です。
「選手は同じラバーでも黒の方が回転がかかると言うんですよ。研究所で計測したら回転数は同じなのに、選手が打ってみたら全員が黒の方が回転がかかると言うんですよ。」
では次の質問です。次のTweetで。

フォロワーさんに問題です。
なぜ選手はフォア面に回転のかかるラバーを優先的に貼るのでしょうか?

①ブロックに最適なラバーは高弾性ラバーです。ブロックを多用するのはバックハンドです。従ってバック側には高弾性の赤いラバーが多用されます。

②少し浮いた台上ストップを狙えるか狙えないかでトップ選手は技術を磨いています。バックハンドは容易にできます。フォアハンドはラバーに粘着系が無ければ難しい技術となります。従ってフォア側には回転のかかるラバーが多用されます。

③バックハンドは打点を下げる事が少ないが、フォアハンドは時折打点を下げる事があります。その時少しでも回転がかかり持ち上げる事のできる回転系のラバーをフォア側に選手は多用します。

フォロワーさんに問題です。
スマッシュするのに適しているのは赤いラバー?黒いラバー?

スマッシュの最大の敵は引っ掛かりです。従って回転のかかる黒いラバーより、赤いラバーの方が適しているかもしれませんね。中国選手がロビングに対して、反転して赤いラバーでスマッシュするのは周知の事ですよね。

フォロワーさんに問題です。
スマッシュが安定するコースは、フォアクロス?バッククロス?

スマッシュのフォアクロスは巻き込みがちです。バッククロスは弾くように打てます。スマッシュはバッククロスの方が安定します。
カットマンと対戦した時にフォアにチャンスボールが来ても打つのは危険です。
逆にバックにチャンスボールが来たら思いっきり叩きましょう。

フォロワーさんに問題です。
バッククロスのスマッシュを安定させるにはどのようなところに気をつければ良いでしょうか?

バッククロスのスマッシュで気をつけるところ。
ボールの下にいち早く移動する。
ボールの下に潜る。目線はボールと同じ高さ。
手首は少し固めてグラつかせない。ラケットの先端を少し上げる。
肘から先にボールの内側を叩く。ミートを強く。ミートは回転を殺す。
Yoshihito Miyazaki @donata_japan · Sep 22
It costs about 1 million yens a year on rubbers for top players. If you sign a contract with a manufacturer, you will be spared that expense, but you cannot use rubbers other than that manufacturer. To use the best tacky rubbers, you need a contract with the Chinese manufacturer. However, I don't know any Japanese players who have been able to get a contract with the Chinese manufacturer.

The tolerance of Chinese rubbers is divided into several grades. It is said that the highest precision rubbers will not be leaked overseas. Even if you are lucky, it is difficult to obtain them in a stable manner.

A question from my followers.
Most of the top players use black on FH and red on BH. Why?
(Previously, I was asked by the general public at a TT Day event on April 6th.)

I also consulted with the manufacturer before. This is the answer returned.
"Players say that even with the same rubber, the black ones take more rotation. When measured in the laboratory, the number of rotations is the same, but when the players hit it, everyone says that the black ones take more rotation."
Now the next question. In the next Tweet.

Why do players preferentially attach spinny rubbers to the FH?

(1) The best rubber for blocking is highly elastic rubber. Backhand makes heavy use of blocks. Therefore, highly elastic red rubber is often used on BH.

(2) Top players are refining their skills on whether or not they can make a shot on slightly floating stop shots. That is easy for BH. It is difficult if the FH rubber is not tacky. Therefore, spinny rubbers are often used on the FH.

(3) BH rarely lowers the impact point/height, but FH occasionally lowers the impact point/height. At that moment, players often use a spinny rubber on the FH to spin it up just a little.

Is red rubber suitable for smashing? Or black rubber?

The biggest enemy of smash is catching[TL's note: bite?]. Therefore, red rubber may be more suitable than black rubber that takes rotation. It is well known that Chinese players flip over and smash with the red rubber against lobbing.

For smashes, what course is more stable, FH-side diagonal? BH-side diagonal?

FH-side diagonal smashes are easier to get caught[?]. BH-side diagonal can be played as if you were punching. BH-side diagonal is more stable for smashes.
It is dangerous to hit even if a chance ball comes to the FH when playing against choppers.
On the contrary, if a chance ball comes to the BH, hit it as hard as you can.

What should I pay attention to stabilize the BH-side diagonal smashes?

Points on BH-side diagonal smashes.
Move quickly under the ball.
Dive under the ball. The line of sight is the same height as the ball.
The wrist should be a little stiff and not flip-flopping. Raise the tip of the racket a little.
Hit the inside of the ball from the elbow first. Hit through it strongly. Hitting-through kills the spin.

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2]DULL CHINESE RUBBERS.
Taisuke Masutzaki, the man behind scene, foster-father for Mima Ito. He always using H3 Nittaku a lot as a training makeshift to enhance Mima's hand muscular power. Just for the poor elasticity as inherent to the Chinese rubbers. I am all delighed on the keen mindset owned by Mr. Masudzaki. [/size]

Last edited:
Jan 2018
The Japanese market continues its recovery, now back to 70-80% according to manufacturers. An increase in new memberships in September have led to an increase in sales of all-wood blades for beginners.

https://world-tt.com/renew/archives/1629

Jan 2018
Got some figures coming in. igor won't like it.

If you didn't believe China's GDP growth for 2020, you may want to change your mind.

Butterfly and ESN have failed to hack away at DHS when it comes to tacky rubbers. DHS couldn't have been stronger for the first half of 2020, as if COVID-19 never happened. :mad:

But unlike Butterfly where D09c is a side project and could more than recoup with their blades, ESN faces serious competition in Japan and South Korea and can't get their sales up.

With Trump and COVID-19 pulling China-Japan and China-South Korea(but not Japan-South Korea) closer than ever in recent times, the folks at ESN have got to be scratching their heads. Why now?

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/east-meets-west-theres-more-than-meets-the-eyes_topic79808.html
People in China are more than willing to try out new stuff, the thing that people there don't like is what I've been preaching all this time - messy product lines.

In China, people tend to hold the belief that "newer doesn't always mean better." A similar belief is evident in Japan, once you check out the domestic sales ranking. That's apparently the obstacle facing ESN, as that has become their "selling point" in recent years. But to the people in China, ESN has become a synonym for "old wine in a new bottle."

What people do in China is they will test out whatever new model that piques their interest AND compare it against what they believe is the industry leading model. For forehand, the general Chinese playerbase believes DHS Hurricane 3 is the king, and simply will not consider any grippy rubbers, as pointed out in a quote above. I wrote about this behavior two years ago. For the minority who plays with foreign rubber on forehand, they do try out new stuff but will in the end stick to what they feel best for themselves in the long run.

For backhand, Tenergy is still considered king in China. Though with the multiple price hikes since 2010, more people have joined the ESN camp. And with the CNT effect trickling down, more people are going back to Chinese tacky rubber. The market is slowly but surely getting harder for both Butterfly and ESN. Rozena can be viewed as a forced response from Butterfly.

https://gokutakuya.com/?mode=f28
TYa7bSZ.jpg

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
DHS want the whole of the Chinese market!! They aren’t happy about the T05 BH situation!! It’s a foothold in “their” home market. Hence the 37 degree Rubbers specifically marketed to ALL as a Backhand rubber!!!