New forehand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hey guys- I’m looking to upgrade my forehand rubber from Tibhar FX-S to something a little bit harder to help with my aggressive play away from the table- everything else about the rubber is perfect, however when I’m looping from mid/long distance I feel like I’m lacking speed, and the rubber becomes less consistent (bottoming our maybe?).

I’m currently using an Andro Temper Tech Off- blade with FX-P on the BH and FX-S on the FH.

Price isn’t really an issue for me, but I’d prefer the rubber to last a while if I’m paying top dollar. I’m a spin oriented all round player and I’m currently considering....

Tenergy-05
Nittaku- Fastarc (unsure about which one)
Tibhar EL-S
I’m open to any brand/model if it fits the bill though.

I’ve also always tended to prefer softer rubbers so don’t want to jump straight up to something too hard. Any suggestions would be more than welcome. Thanks!

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I think you can try rakza 7 soft or Vega Europe

Sent from my COR-AL00 using Tapatalk

Rakza 7 Soft is similar to FX-P / FX-S in feel and hardness. Vega Europe is a very good suggestion.

Rather than Tenergy 05, I would say 05 FX which feels harder than FX-S already. Other suggestions: Fastarc C-1, Rasanter V42, Hexer Powergrip SFX, Rozena, any of these would work well.

Reactions: Danny Edwards
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Yeah, I really enjoy playing with boosted H3- however I’m a big guy and I find myself out of position more often than most players. From my experience a softer euro or Jap rubber plays much better in situations where you can’t get into the correct position.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Thanks mate, I’ll check them out on revspin... have you got any idea which one of those would help me produce most spin, and which ones are most durable?

NDH

says Spin to win!
Yeah, I really enjoy playing with boosted H3- however I’m a big guy and I find myself out of position more often than most players. From my experience a softer euro or Jap rubber plays much better in situations where you can’t get into the correct position.

I'd go T05 (depending on your level).

You can generate loads of spin, but it's also quite sensitive to incoming spin, which is bad if you aren't capable of playing it.

Plus, from experience, the longevity of the rubber is second to none - I found myself replacing Tibhar rubbers much quicker, and a sheet of Tenergy can easily last a whole year if you play once a week or so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I definitely want to be using Tenergy or something equivalent eventually, I’m just slightly worried about going from such a soft rubber straight to tenergy... maybe 05 fx would be ideal to bridge the gap?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hey guys- I’m looking to upgrade my forehand rubber from Tibhar FX-S to something a little bit harder to help with my aggressive play away from the table- everything else about the rubber is perfect, however when I’m looping from mid/long distance I feel like I’m lacking speed, and the rubber becomes less consistent (bottoming our maybe?).

I’m currently using an Andro Temper Tech Off- blade with FX-P on the BH and FX-S on the FH.

Price isn’t really an issue for me, but I’d prefer the rubber to last a while if I’m paying top dollar. I’m a spin oriented all round player and I’m currently considering....

Tenergy-05
Nittaku- Fastarc (unsure about which one)
Tibhar EL-S
I’m open to any brand/model if it fits the bill though.

I’ve also always tended to prefer softer rubbers so don’t want to jump straight up to something too hard. Any suggestions would be more than welcome. Thanks!

In no particular order, Tibhar EL-S, Tenergy 05FX, Nittaku Fastarc C1.

I feel that the FX-S is similar (not identical) to 05FX. Comparing just the two, the latter has more spin, more speed/catapult, higher throw and arc. While the FX-S top sheet is less sensitive to spin thus able to return more aggressively. And the opposites of the above, which for some means better control.

05FX is a safe bet!

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Thanks for all the advice guys- I’m leaning towards Tenergy 05-fx at the moment, it seems like it’s a bit harder than my FX-S, whilst not giving up any spin.

I’m also considering upgrading my blade too, should I get used to my new rubbers first and then upgrade my blade in a couple of months, or upgrade the whole package together to avoid getting used to everything twice. Would two smaller changes be preferable to one big change? I’m not sure

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Thanks for all the advice guys- I’m leaning towards Tenergy 05-fx at the moment, it seems like it’s a bit harder than my FX-S, whilst not giving up any spin.

I’m also considering upgrading my blade too, should I get used to my new rubbers first and then upgrade my blade in a couple of months, or upgrade the whole package together to avoid getting used to everything twice. Would two smaller changes be preferable to one big change? I’m not sure

It is generally best to change one thing at a time. At least that way you can tell if you like the new rubbers as you will be used to the blade and can compare your new rubbers to your old ones on the same blade.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hey guys sorry to reopen the thread, but I went to the local shop yesterday to have a look and EL-S is almost half the price of 05fx.... is 05/05fx really that much better, or are we just paying for the butterfly marketing machine?

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
Hey guys sorry to reopen the thread, but I went to the local shop yesterday to have a look and EL-S is almost half the price of 05fx.... is 05/05fx really that much better, or are we just paying for the butterfly marketing machine?
IMO it's more "special", than "better", if you found of "feeling" that 05 gives, how it switch gears adn so on, then there is no exact alternative....... But there is other factors, like sinergy with blade, for example Tenergy 05 is just fantastic with Apolonia ZLC, for which is IMO quite difficult to find matching rubber, at least I didn't find anything that even close to performance of tenergy 05 with it, and there is blades that have sinergy with some not tenergy rubbers, so they might even outperform tenergy on this blades... As for me, the price policy of Butterfly is just "rubs me the wrong way", I tried to get away from tenergy rubbers a few times, with Apolonia it was a fail attempt, but with Mizutani ZLC I found that Tenergy 05 is too fast for me and start using Rasanter 50 on FH, and then swithed to XIOM Omega VII Asia on both sides... though Mizutani still too fast for me, so now swithed to Tibhar Cedric Nuytinck (yay, now I'm free from Butterfly, it's half the price of Mizutani ZLC, and IMO it's slower, but not worser) and tried a few non Butterfly rubbers with it, I tried recent models and I think they work quite nice with ABS ball, so far I had no wish to come back to tenergy...

Last edited: