ADAM BOBROW THE VOICE OF TABLE TENNIS | TableTennisDaily Podcast #4

Hey everyone!

We're live at the 2019 World Table Tennis Championships in Budapest doing podcasts with key figures and players in the sport. Here's our 4th podcast with the ITTF Commentator and table tennis personality Adam Bobrow. Dan and Adam discuss all things table tennis and what makes Adam tick.

Which guest would you like us to have on the podcast next?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I agree with them needing to focus more on the players for publicity. Take the UFC for example with McGregor. They were not doing so hot until the brash, loudmouth entered the scene and got many casuals watching the sport as a result.

Table tennis players often have that "proper" attitude, where they try to show as little emotion and personality possible, or so it seems... might as well be watching robots! I think they need to do more PR, open training, Q&A and such. Have more widely marketed exhibition style matches with various stars, men/women, celebrity games/promotions and that sort of thing to spread organically.

The biggest thing for the USA would be to get table tennis introduced more widely as a school sport and have kids play it from a younger age.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
If only you did the podcast after all of today's upsets

I was thinking the exact same when releasing the podcast :D

Bernadette Szocs and his brother together if its possible

Those two would be cool together, will see what I can do.

Are you guys on Spotify or android podcasts? Would make it a lot easier to listen while on the move :)

Yeah the podcasts are on Spotify :) Search TableTennisDaily in the podcast apps :)

This user has no status.
Adam Bobrow: 5 years from now----

He needs to be working within the ITTF, maybe helping them humanise Table Tennis and its players. This guy could really do some good things when you listen to his thoughts. He might just have an out-there idea that hits the spot :)

I totally agree with you. And I really appreciate the fact that Bobrow always pronounces the players' names correctly. Some commentators are atrocious at pronouncing players' names. It's like they are going out of their ways to make it sound awkward.

Reactions: Nemo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Adam Bobrow: 5 years from now----

He needs to be working within the ITTF, maybe helping them humanise Table Tennis and its players. This guy could really do some good things when you listen to his thoughts. He might just have an out-there idea that hits the spot :)

Maybe it would make sense to have Adam do court side stuff to? Someone needs to clone Bobrow :D:D