Why am I not improving?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
very nice post azlan. the only problem is if you really love table tennis, then not getting good practise partners or coaches for a period can be really frustrating. and there's not much you can do then.

i am faced with a similar situation now. i have access to tables daily. but the place i'm stuck in right now does not have any good players. the boards are mainly for recreational purposes and they remain empty.. i'm stuck here for almost 6 months due to work and it's really frustrating because i always enjoy playing against someone better and improving my game. how bad can such a gap be?...i keep doing my regular exercises and shadows...but nothing compared to a sweat drenching hard hitting practise session.

but, i guess all of you have faced similar situations before, so please advise me on how to stay in touch. should i practise my serves, or do a lot of shadows or work on my fitness during this time?...

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
sumangupa, practicing serves is your best time investment in this situation.

A forum member recently visited me. His company has almost ITTF-like playing conditions in the company TT room (8, yes 8, as in EIGHT tables with red flooring) yet there was NOBODY there at even a weak club level. Still a good chance to practice serves and maybe make lunch bets vs the bosses hehe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
sumangupa, practicing serves is your best time investment in this situation.

A forum member recently visited me. His company has almost ITTF-like playing conditions in the company TT room (8, yes 8, as in EIGHT tables with red flooring) yet there was NOBODY there at even a weak club level. Still a good chance to practice serves and maybe make lunch bets vs the bosses hehe.
hahaha....yeah..but it's frustrating..all the same. i will try work on my serves...i already am...but i will be a much worse player after half an year of this ****..my feet won't move, etc etc....in school and university it was always regular practise...i am relatively new to the professional work field...i guess i have to get used to this mentally...and try make the best out of situations thrust on me! that is all we can do, right?...thank you anyway!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
sumanugpa, I was 15 months Iraq and 12 of them there were zero players, 3 of them that had players were recreational players. I practiced serves 3-5 minutes a day and that waz it. I moved up 1/2 level just from a serve/attack improvement when I got back.

You will be alright without a lot of drop in level, unless you are an elite player already. Whatever you miss will be back and better in no time once you can make a better TT situation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
sumanugpa, I was 15 months Iraq and 12 of them there were zero players, 3 of them that had players were recreational players. I practiced serves 3-5 minutes a day and that waz it. I moved up 1/2 level just from a serve/attack improvement when I got back.

You will be alright without a lot of drop in level, unless you are an elite player already. Whatever you miss will be back and better in no time once you can make a better TT situation.
thanks buddy....