DHS Long V blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I recently switched to a SH DHS Long V. I got it cheap for only $150 NZD. It is the older version with a large head size.

I had played with a Stiga Hans Asler OC for a while. It makes me feel Long V is so head heavy and uncomfortable to use. The handle is too slim to hold as well.

My question is, is there any way to increase the weight of the handle and make it bigger? Ideally I want to keep the design of the handle as I really like it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
A couple years ago I did this with my old blade with rough grain sand paper. But you have to be careful, you might end up with a too small head. Try to reduce with little steps.

My blade was a non-composite blade so it was relatively easy to use sand paper. I don't know about composite layers though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
A couple years ago I did this with my old blade with rough grain sand paper. But you have to be careful, you might end up with a too small head. Try to reduce with little steps.

My blade was a non-composite blade so it was relatively easy to use sand paper. I don't know about composite layers though.

Thanks for the tips. I will look into it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
80 grit sandpaper on a drywall plate works wonders. Mark the size with a used rubber of another blade, 20 minutes should do it. Not hard at all.