Importance of rubber weights

I am not sure what would be the effect of having one light and one heavy rubber (i think not a big one), but in general the weight of the rubbers effect the balance of your setup. More head heavy or more balanced (and the overall weight off course :) )

Allright thanks guess I'll have to try it out myself

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2] TIMA BOLL: VARIANCE BY WEIGHT ???? I WILL TOLERATE NOTHING SUCH/.

Timo Boll did strictly stipulated that Butterfly ought to supply rubbers to him with one&same weight. Within accuracy no more than a gramme.[/size]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think the total weight is more important.

I play penhold and try to keep below 180g. When I experimented with shakehand, 190+ wasn't a problem at all

Reactions: whocarez
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
How your weight is distributed affects thing a LOT more.

I can hand a player two blades of the same model with same rubbers and same overall weight.

A player would very quickly like one over the other calling the reject a sledgehammer difficult to swing.

These would be same total weight same weight rubbers same initial weight same model blade... where Der_Echte beast modded the handle on one and added bty power tape to the outside edge of the other blade.

Would be no contest.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How your weight is distributed affects thing a LOT more.

I can hand a player two blades of the same model with same rubbers and same overall weight.

A player would very quickly like one over the other calling the reject a sledgehammer difficult to swing.

These would be same total weight same weight rubbers same initial weight same model blade... where Der_Echte beast modded the handle on one and added bty power tape to the outside edge of the other blade.

Would be no contest.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes but that affects the vertical balance, not the horizontal. What I was really wondering was if having one side heavier than the other would be handicapping. Like 50g on the forehand and 30g on the backhand.