Searching for New FH rubber

This user has no status.
Hi guys, I'm playing with Tibhar evolution els max on my forehand, on a yasaka sweden extra (backhand is Tsp ventus speed). My setup is around 179g (the blade weights 84g). I really like the setup. But I'm searching for another Fh rubber, something a little bit lighter because the Tibhar evolution els is pretty heavy (I forget the weights), I would like something around 45-46° with a little bit more speed and spin, with the ease of opening up against backspin.

I was looking for the mxp, rasanter r47, stiga mantra m or h, rozena, victas v15 stiff, xiom omega 7... so many choices...

I have tested mxs but it is a little bit too hard and heavy for me and not enough dynamic I though.
I have tested an "old" T05 and without his fresh spring sponge, I though it demands more physical power to lift the ball over the net while open up against backspin.
So I think that something bouncier and lighter than the evolution els could help me.
Thanks !

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi guys, I'm playing with Tibhar evolution els max on my forehand, on a yasaka sweden extra (backhand is Tsp ventus speed). My setup is around 179g (the blade weights 84g). I really like the setup. But I'm searching for another Fh rubber, something a little bit lighter because the Tibhar evolution els is pretty heavy (I forget the weights), I would like something around 45-46° with a little bit more speed and spin, with the ease of opening up against backspin.

I was looking for the mxp, rasanter r47, stiga mantra m or h, rozena, victas v15 stiff, xiom omega 7... so many choices...

I have tested mxs but it is a little bit too hard and heavy for me and not enough dynamic I though.
I have tested an "old" T05 and without his fresh spring sponge, I though it demands more physical power to lift the ball over the net while open up against backspin.
So I think that something bouncier and lighter than the evolution els could help me.
Thanks !

All the rubbers you've listed are going to be much heavier than your EL-S, except Rozena which is going to be slower and less spinny. A rubber like Rasanter V42 or any of the Tenergy FX (05, 80, 64) would already offer you more speed and spin than EL-S without being as heavy as R47 and the other ones you listed...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Omega 7 Pro is a pretty light rubber in its 47.5 degree class. It feels softer, about 45 degrees in play.

It has a very grippy top sheet which might help you with opening. But it's real speed comes when you engage the sponge. It is faster than the EL-S too.

Regarding spin though. Tough question. On the right strokes, the EL-S can generate very good spin. I can't say if the O7Pro has better spin in this manner.

For me, the O7P is an easier rubber to play with. In a sense where it is more forgiving. And yes it is bouncy too!

Beware though, I usually am meticulous when cutting rubbers. Not even overstretching during placement with glue. But... O7P really shrank. Like alot.... Pretty shocked for the first time.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thanks for your replies,
what is the hardness of the tenergy fx, comparing to the others esn rubbers ?

The sponge of Tenergy FX is around 41-42 deg on the ESN scale, with the 05 FX topsheet being the hardest on top of the sponge, 64 FX the softest and 80 FX in the middle.

The topsheets are much grippier that EL-S and to me the sponge is also more lively than EL-S'. If you want something that feels on the harder side of Tenergy FX, I'd recommend 05 FX, otherwise Tenergy 64 if you want something on the softer and lighter side of the regular Tenergy series.

There are plenty rubbers which are going to be a little bit faster and spinier than EL-S without being harder. Also harder sponge often means more heavy. That's why I'm recommending 05 FX or 64 regular. I think Rasanter R42 (harder feeling) or V42 (softer feeling / lighter) would be good as well. But the best advise I can give you is to try your clubmates' rubbers before purchasing.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Rakza 7 is very lightweight, with excellent grip and good speed. The hardness is about what you want. Can't say much about durability but should be pretty durable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Nittaku Fastarc g1, is just a little bit lighter than EL-S but I don't think that you can find anything light with the specs described.Rubber density and materials that are used on the sponge seems to be heavy in every Tenergy-like.Evolution MX-P, Vega Pro, Bluefire M1, Rakza 7 and Nittaku G1, last one is the lighter with Rakza 7, both very good options.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
Yeah I wish to keep the yasaka sweden extra because it is very comfortable.
I really want to try a tenergy again, I have already played with a 05 and 05fx 2 years ago for fun but I wasnt good enough. Maybe the t80 ? it seems to be a jack of all, and maybe lighter than the els.
I'm scared of the omega 7, there is no one in my club who play with so...