Butterfly Innerforce ZLF

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hello everyone!

The season is over and in the following months I would like to try out a new blade/rubber combination.
I usually try to improve myself with more training (currently 3x a week) than trying out new materials, so I have been playing the exactly same setup for more than 2 years, however I think choosing something with more control and arc when looping, but not too slow would be interesting.

Currently I am playing with a Tenergy 05 1.9 on the forehand for my fast looping-hitting (more open angle) style. T05 2.1 was too bouncy and not controllable for me.
However, I would like to apply slower shorter softer forehand looping on service returns as well as faster crispier loops from the half-distance. The Tenergy seems to have a quite good control ratio to a certain speed, but exceeding it seems like less control. And for me it is quite difficult to create spin with a soft short loop (maybe I'm using it wrong).
A friend of mine has a Hurricane 3 with a Hurricane blade. So far I have trained with this setup for a couple of times and I think this is a good direction.
I searched, but so far I have not found a dedicated post for the Innerforce ZLF (Fiber, not Carbon!)

I have been using the Stiga Infinity VPS V (pre ABS era), Zhang Jike Super ZLC (for a very short time), currently Bty Viscaria.
The blades have both pros cons.
- Infinity VPS V: moderate speed for good control and good arc generation when using topspin, but for the harder ABS balls it generates (for me) too much vibration and I don't like the sound the wood makes when hitting. Also the sweet spot reduces dramatically when hitting the outer part. However the speed with ABS balls is very good. Not too fast, not too slow.
- Zhang Jike Super ZLC: This one was a gift from a dear friend and the feel is just magic. It suits the ABS balls very well, however while this blade is a lot of fun for training sessions, for tournaments/matches for me it is too fast and there is very little arc when looping compared to the other blades. Hence I make a lot of errors.
- Viscaria: Personally, I feel very comfortable using this blade. Topspins are very consistent with it, control is good, but I would like to try a blade that has a tad even more control, is less stiff, a bit slower and has a better arc when looping.

I saw that the Innerforce ZLF "should have" more control and tolerates more "errors"
My question would be: Compared to the above mentioned blades how does it play with a Tenergy-like rubber and also with a Hurricane 3 rubber?
How much more will I gain control and will the difference be maybe too much so that it is too slow?
I guess I would like to have something controllable like an Infinity VPS, but without too much vibration and the terrible sound, but something that still plays crisp and can produce a good arc.

TL,DR:
Innerforce ZLF (Fiber, not Carbon!) and Hurricane 3:
Good combination for fast looping, but also slow short soft looping as well?
Compared to ALC, Super ZLC how much more control will I gain?
Compared to Infinity VPS V how will it be?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Following- I’m also considering purchasing a ZLF blade when I’m ready to upgrade from an all wood blade. From what I’ve read ZLF blades seem like they have the smallest step up in speed, whilst also gaining the benefits of a larger sweet spot because of the ZLF fibre. Not sure if I’m correct through.