Fan Zhendong's Infinity Viscaria 2019 (blue Arylate layer spotted)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
(Edit: Updated Video)

Thanks to the exceptional non-potato ITTF footage we now have a clear answer to Fan Zhendongs Infinity VPS (custom?) blade, I guess.
(ITTV video: World Championships 2019 Doubles 1/2: Fan Zhendong / Ding Ning vs Xu Xin, Liu Shiwen; time: 45min:49sec)

For comparison I just took a photo of my personal Viscaria and Infinity VPS blades (my name on the bottom blacked) which you can see in the lower half.

viscaria.jpg

Comparing the blue Arylate color and composite pattern, you can make your own conclusion :)

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Reactions: StehTischtennis
This user has no status.
I’m sure if you dig a little into it, false advertising is probably against the law in Sweden. It boggles the mind that Stiga tries so hard to convince you that the world number one uses a budget all wood blade.

Give him a decent ALC blade with his name on it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I’m sure if you dig a little into it, false advertising is probably against the law in Sweden. It boggles the mind that Stiga tries so hard to convince you that the world number one uses a budget all wood blade.

Give him a decent ALC blade with his name on it already.

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Yes, it's against the law but Stiga isn't alone in this mass fraud. Pretty much everyone except DHS and Butterfly does the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
My way of thought: As far as I'm concerned Stiga is doing nothing wrong. What the public knows: Stiga have a contract with Fzd that stipulate that Fzd use their gear and market it. If Fzd takes it upon himself to use other gear it's his own choice. If someone would ever sue Stiga, they could sue Fzd for a breach of contract. But since no one here (that I know of) have read the contract and how it's laid out we can't say what's ok or not. Maybe Stiga accepts Fzd not using the Infinity seeing as it still boost their recognition as a brand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I used to work for an electronics company, and we sponsored (amongst others) golfers and F1 Teams. We had our name on the golf bag, and an F1 car, neither of which we made, and I am not sure that either of the companies being sponsored used our products either. We also had our name on the control hut in the middle of Wembley Stadium for a pop concert although we didn't make the pro-audio gear inside. I am not trying to say the situation is identical, but it is pretty common to get celebrities to show off your name. If anyone thinks it is sensible to get FZD to wear your name, and then damage his performance by using your product in his key function, I have to say you are mistaken. My coach is sponsored as a coach by a well-known retailer/distributor and he wears their name on his shirt, but they do not sponsor his blade as a player, as he needs to use his own preference. Older Brits might remember Andre Previn advertising Ferguson TV sets, although it was well-known from documentary footage that he owned Bang and Olufsen TVs. False advertising is saying something like "This television will improve your health and help you lose weight". Andre saying "This TV has a great picture" is him expressing opinion, as is FZD saying he endorses Stiga as a TT brand.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
I used to work for an electronics company, and we sponsored (amongst others) golfers and F1 Teams. We had our name on the golf bag, and an F1 car, neither of which we made, and I am not sure that either of the companies being sponsored used our products either. We also had our name on the control hut in the middle of Wembley Stadium for a pop concert although we didn't make the pro-audio gear inside. I am not trying to say the situation is identical, but it is pretty common to get celebrities to show off your name. If anyone thinks it is sensible to get FZD to wear your name, and then damage his performance by using your product in his key function, I have to say you are mistaken. My coach is sponsored as a coach by a well-known retailer/distributor and he wears their name on his shirt, but they do not sponsor his blade as a player, as he needs to use his own preference. Older Brits might remember Andre Previn advertising Ferguson TV sets, although it was well-known from documentary footage that he owned Bang and Olufsen TVs. False advertising is saying something like "This television will improve your health and help you lose weight". Andre saying "This TV has a great picture" is him expressing opinion, as is FZD saying he endorses Stiga as a TT brand.
Stiga outright on their website say FZD uses an inifinity VPS as his blade. Its not like LIbherr on the floor despite it bieng GERFLOR its like if Canon says BBC1 use exclusively Canon cameras as a sales pitch but every single DSLR is a NIKON. Its the fact the claim is explicitly wrong, its not even FZD says this is good its outright lies

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
EU Stiga website.
FAN ZHENDONG

Blade: Infinity VPS V
Biggest Achievements:
• Three Times World Champion Men’s Team
• One Gold Medal World Championships Men’s Doubles
• One Silver Medal World Championships Men’s Singles
• One Time World Cup Champion
• One Time World Cup Runner-up
• Youth Olympic Games Champion Singles And Mixed Team
• One Gold Medal Asian Championships Men’s Singles

Below this, it says he "Developed in collaboration with top players from the Chinese National Team, and used by Fan Zhendong."". It explicitly does not say that he used it in his wins. He only has to pick it up occasionally (or have done so once) and bounce a ball for it to be legally true. It's all about association. A picture of an actress drinking a brand name beverage doesn't mean that is all she drinks .

Q.
How do you know if politicians are lying to you?
A.
Their lips are moving. When it comes to marketing people, you need a degree in law.

I really hope that no one absolutely believes stuff they hear in ads.

This user has no status.
EU Stiga website.
FAN ZHENDONG

Blade: Infinity VPS V
Biggest Achievements:
• Three Times World Champion Men’s Team
• One Gold Medal World Championships Men’s Doubles
• One Silver Medal World Championships Men’s Singles
• One Time World Cup Champion
• One Time World Cup Runner-up
• Youth Olympic Games Champion Singles And Mixed Team
• One Gold Medal Asian Championships Men’s Singles

Below this, it says he "Developed in collaboration with top players from the Chinese National Team, and used by Fan Zhendong."". It explicitly does not say that he used it in his wins. He only has to pick it up occasionally (or have done so once) and bounce a ball for it to be legally true. It's all about association. A picture of an actress drinking a brand name beverage doesn't mean that is all she drinks .

Q.
How do you know if politicians are lying to you?
A.
Their lips are moving. When it comes to marketing people, you need a degree in law.

I really hope that no one absolutely believes stuff they hear in ads.

I don’t think any of us are gullible or naive when it comes to advertising.

Consumers aren’t stupid. If anything Stiga are doing themselves a massive disservice blatantly lying and trying very proactively to misguide people by doctoring his blade to LOOK like the Infinity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
It boggles the mind that Stiga tries so hard to convince you that the world number one uses a budget all wood blade.

Lol, well-said! I laughed pretty hard at this comment.
Though it would make all of FZD's achievements seem even more amazing if you really believe he was using a budget all wood blade! ;)

This user has no status.
Lol, well-said! I laughed pretty hard at this comment.
Though it would make all of FZD's achievements seem even more amazing if you really believe he was using a budget all wood blade! ;)
WLQ used a clipper classic for a very long time and MLin used a £30 MEO

Reactions: phorkyas and JST