Vega japan "slipping" is it true?

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
I tried my friend's vega japan and I really liked it. However, when I read the review online the word "slip" pop up quite often for vega japan. Is it true? Will boosting with 1 layer revive the rubber? or it's a top sheet problem?

From my exp isn't xiom rubber extremely durable and performance stays for a while?

Last edited:
Regularly brush your rubbers with a wet soft napkin, use water only and a drop of dish-washing liquid, and you'll never experience slippage.
Dirty greezy rubber may be slippy, some "special" liquides can make your rubber slippy too, so avoid them.
Generally the sponge of VJapan is of the same hardness as Vega Pro, but the top sheet rubber is softer and grabs the ball very well. So I think it would be very difficult to experience slippage, unless you play in a very humid envirenment, with wet dusty balls, or the rubber is greezy or damaged.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Regularly brush your rubbers with a wet soft napkin, use water only and a drop of dish-washing liquid, and you'll never experience slippage.
Dirty greezy rubber may be slippy, some "special" liquides can make your rubber slippy too, so avoid them.
Generally the sponge of VJapan is of the same hardness as Vega Pro, but the top sheet rubber is softer and grabs the ball very well. So I think it would be very difficult to experience slippage, unless you play in a very humid envirenment, with wet dusty balls, or the rubber is greezy or damaged.
As far as I know VJ is 45 and VP 47.5 sponge hardness.