Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
is Hayata REQUIRED to get past Kato? I don't see any scenario where they are selecting Kato or Sato over Hayata. Right now the potential roster seems to be:

Singles: Ito, (Hirano/Ishikawa)
Third Player: Hirano/Ishikawa/Hayata

No, not by requirement. However, Hayata will have to raise her world ranking as much as possible if she wants to stand a chance getting picked by the Development Headquarter of JNT.

The WR for Jan, 2020 will be used for seeding the World Team Qualification Tournament for Tokyo 2020. The one for July, 2020 will likely be used for seeding the real event, so the points accrued after July 2019 will have an impact on the team ranking for Tokyo 2020.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Theoretically, Hina Hayata could meet in the semifinals with HE in Poland .... Unless, of course, both players come out earlier ....

Jan 2018
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...Asian-Cup-2018&p=227440&viewfull=1#post227440
One prominent issue raised on Japanese table tennis culture is the tendency to look for shortcuts...

BSThkKJ.png

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Quick wrap-ups by Hirano, Ishikawa and Ito for German Open.

Hirano had a good start against WYD but then got ahead of herself and lost her patience. She was "too conscious of getting good results" and earning points for the Olympic race. For the WWC this Friday, She'll focus on playing the game well and doing the things that should be done.

Ishikawa said blowing the 8:1 lead against Yang Xiaoxin in G4 as "very painful," citing the difficulty in dealing with the long pips. She couldn't figure it out, lost her patience, and was waiting for Yang to miss. She added that she had a good draw in the German Open and thought her chance had come. She'll adjust for WWC and do her best without giving up.

Ito said she "couldn't concentrate on SYS" during the final after the ump's call in G3. It was most regrettable to lose that way.

https://hochi.news/articles/20191011-OHT1T50076.html
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-10-11/doc-iicezuev1544533.shtml
 ◆卓球 ワールドツアー ドイツ・オープン第3日(10日、ドイツ・ブレーメン)

女子シングルス1回戦が行われ、世界ランク9位の平野美宇(日本生命)は1―4で同38位の王芸迪(中国)に敗れた。

王芸迪は6月の香港OPで優勝するなど、国際大会で着実に結果を残している選手だ。初対戦の平野は第1ゲームを11―7で制して流れをつかみかけたが、「1ゲーム目は良かったんですけど、早く決めようと思いすぎて。ちょっと焦りすぎました」。2ゲーム目以降はミスも目立ち、悔しい敗戦となった。

東京五輪代表選考レースも終盤に差し掛かったことが、気持ちの焦りにつながっているという。「結果ばかりを意識しすぎて、全然プレーが良くなかった。いい結果を出してポイントを稼ぎたいっていうのを考えすぎて、試合の中身とか、自分のやるべきことが少し(頭の中から)飛んでしまったかなと思います」と反省を浮かべた。

次戦は18日からの女子W杯(中国・成都)。格付けも高い重要な大会だ。「まずはしっかり試合を楽しんだり、やるべきことをやることでいい成績がついてくると思う。気持ちをしっかり整えてから、W杯に臨みたい」と前を向いた。

https://hochi.news/articles/20191012-OHT1T50043.html
 ◆卓球 ワールドツアー ドイツ・オープン第4日(11日、ドイツ・ブレーメン)

女子シングルス2回戦が行われ、世界ランク8位の石川佳純(26)=全農=は1―4で世界ランク75位のヤン・シャオシン(モナコ)に敗れた。

石川が痛恨の黒星を喫した。ヤン・シャオシンは世界ランクは75位だが、前週のスウェーデンOPで杜凱カン(香港)、スッチ(ルーマニア)、今大会もハン・イン(ドイツ)と強豪選手を次々に破り、勢いに乗っていた。それでも第1ゲームは落ち着いて11―7で制したが、2ゲームを落とした。第4ゲームも8―1から挽回され「すごく痛かった」と追い込まれる展開となった。

第5ゲームも回り込んでのフォアハンドが効果的に決まる場面もあったが、13―15で競り負けた。4ゲームを連取され、まさかの敗退。初対戦でバック側に突起が長い粒高ラバーを貼った相手のボールへの対応にも苦しんだが「変化が分かりにくくて、凡ミスが多くなった。打ちづらいのもあったけど、すごい弱気になってしまって。どうやって取られたのかあまり分からないですけど、焦っていたのかな。相手のミス待ちになりすぎたかなと思います」と唇をかんだ。

今年は本戦の1、2回戦で中国選手と当たることも多く、苦しい戦いが続いていた。今大会は比較的、組み合わせにも恵まれたことで「久しぶりにドローも良かったので、チャンスかなと思って。少し力が入りすぎてしまったのかな」と反省。18日からは東京五輪代表を争う平野美宇(日本生命)とともに、格付けの高い女子W杯(中国・成都)に臨む。「負けてしまったのは終わったことなので、W杯に向けてしっかり調整して、諦めずに頑張りたいと思います」と気持ちを奮い立たせた。

https://hochi.news/articles/20191014-OHT1T50040.html
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-10-14/doc-iicezzrr2115111.shtml
◆卓球 ワールドツアー ドイツ・オープン最終日 ▽女子シングルス決勝 孫穎莎4―1伊藤美誠(13日、ドイツ・ブレーメン)

【ブレーメン(ドイツ)13日=林直史】女子シングルス決勝で世界ランク7位の伊藤美誠(18)=スターツ=は、同6位の孫穎莎(中国)に1―4で敗れた。準決勝では12年ロンドン五輪銅メダルの馮天薇(シンガポール)に4―0で完勝。ワールドツアーで最も格付けの高いプラチナ大会での日本勢の準優勝は今年初めて。12日は女子ダブルス決勝が行われ、木原美悠(15)、長崎美柚(17)=ともにエリートアカデミー=組は準優勝だった。

伊藤が同い年のライバルに雪辱を許した。孫穎莎とは過去2勝2敗で今年3度目の対戦。前週のスウェーデンOPは4―2で勝利していた。だが第1ゲームは前回対戦で翻弄したサーブでミスが2本出ると、第2ゲームは奪い返したが、その後は3ゲームを失った。

不運もあった。第3ゲームの5―7の場面などサーブにフォルトが2度宣告された。厳しい判定に会場からはブーイングも起こったが、そこから崩れるような形での敗戦。試合後、「相手に集中できなかった。全てを出し切れなかった。今日の負け方は一番悔しい負け」と、悔し涙がにじんだ。

ただ、スウェーデンOPと2大会連続の準優勝で、東京五輪代表争いでも頭一つ抜け出した。準決勝でロンドン五輪銅メダリストの馮天薇(シンガポール)も4―0で圧倒。戦術の幅や対応力を広げ、選考レースの終盤戦も駆け抜ける。

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018
Back to Japan after German Open, Ito said "I was able to reach the final but it'll take more practice to win," adding that "I want to do my best in the remaining tournaments and earn the Olympic ticket as the Japanese 1st place."

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2019/10/16/kiji/20191016s00026000101000c.html
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-10-16/doc-iicezzrr2575517.shtml
卓球女子世界ランク7位の伊藤美誠(18=スターツ)が、欧州遠征を終えて羽田空港に帰国した。スウェーデン、ドイツの両オープンで2大会連続準優勝。国内の五輪代表争いで一歩リードしたが「決勝までしっかりと行けたが、優勝するためにもっと練習しないといけない」と気を引き締めた。

リオ五輪は出ることが目標だったというが、今回は日本人トップで出場することを明言。「残りの大会も実力を出し切って、日本人1位で代表切符を獲りたい」と力を込めた。

Last edited:
Jan 2018
In the interview with Sports Hochi, Ito said "I've done a lot of things, so I can do more than before and the quality has improved a lot. I am really happy to have practiced for a month."

"By winning once, I could feel the depth of the opponent. I also learned about the opponent. There is a variety of tactics for one player. I wanted to do my best to deal with that tactic."

"If you display your strength in the match in front of you and enjoy it, you'll get points. I don't think about how many points for coming in 2nd place, I'm doing it comfortably."

"These 2 Opens were big for me and I was able to play my game with confidence. I want to make the remaining 4 tournaments(TWC, AUT OPN, T2 SGP, WTGF) my own. I'm looking forward to it because I want to finish by displaying my skills and I'm so stoked."

https://hochi.news/articles/20191015-OHT1T50166.html
 卓球のワールドツアーで2大会連続優勝を飾った女子世界ランク7位の伊藤美誠(18)=スターツ=が15日、羽田空港に帰国した。 伊藤は9月の1か月間、大会に出場せずに練習期間としたことがスウェーデン・オープン(OP)、ドイツOPでの決勝進出につながったと分析。「いろんなことをやってきたので、前よりもできることが増えましたし、質がすごく上がった。本当に1か月間練習できて良かった」と振り返った。

スウェーデンOP準決勝では同い年の世界6位の孫穎莎(中国)を下したが、戦略を変えてきたドイツOPは決勝で敗れた。「一度勝ったことによって、相手の引き出しを感じることができた。相手のことも勉強できた。1人の選手にもいろんな戦術がある。その戦術に対応できるようにまた頑張ろうと思いました」。2週連続で対戦できたことによる収穫も持ち帰った。

両大会で日本勢最高成績を残し、東京五輪代表選考レースでも一歩リードした。代表争いも終盤戦を迎えたが「目の前の試合に実力を出し切って、楽しんだら勝手に(世界ランキングの)ポイントがついてくる。2位だから何ポイントとか細かくは考えてないし、それぐらい気楽にやっている」と自然体だ。

今年も残すはW杯団体戦、オーストリアOP、T2ダイヤモンド、グランドファイナルの4大会となる見込み。ラストスパートへ「今回の2大会は自分の中で大きいし、自分の卓球できたことがすごく自信になった。あと4大会も全部自分のものにしたい。実力を出し切って終わりたいので楽しみだし、ワクワクしてます」と声を弾ませた。

OTOH, Hirano said her results in Swedish Open and German Open weren't bad per se, but noted that she lost to Ito by a small margin in Sweden and couldn't beat WYD in German. Bits here and there count and she wants to be able to win in such a situation. She added that it is amazing to see Ito up against top Chinese players but she still wants to do it with the feeling that she'll definitely make 1 of the 2 singles. For WWC, she'll do her best despite playing non-stop. Winning will be the best but right now it's important to get to the top spot of the race.

https://hochi.news/articles/20191015-OHT1T50168.html
 卓球女子世界ランク9位の平野美宇(19)=日本生命=が15日、ワールドツアー2連戦を終えて羽田空港に帰国した。

スウェーデン・オープン(OP)は2回戦で伊藤美誠、ドイツOPは1回戦で王芸迪(中国)に敗れた。「全体的に結果ばかり意識してしまったかなと思います」と反省。「すごく悪くはなかったけど、スウェーデンはあと少しで負けてしまったり、ドイツは強い選手に勝ちきれなかったり。少しのところが大きなポイントにつながってくる。そういうところで勝てるようにしていきたいなと思います」と課題を挙げた。

東京五輪代表争いでは2大会連続準優勝の伊藤が一歩抜け出した。だが、平野は「(伊藤は)今回見ていて中国選手のトップに勝ったり競り合ったり、本当にすごいなって思ったんですけど、まだまだシングルスの2枠に絶対入るという気持ちでこれからもやりたいです」と前を向く。

18日からは格付けの高い女子W杯(中国・成都)に出場する。「連戦ですけど、W杯はすごく大きな大会なので、特に頑張りたいなと思います。優勝が一番いいけど、今は1つでも上の順位にいくことが大事。上を目指していきたい」と表情を引き締めた。

Last edited:
Jan 2018
http://world-tt.com/ps_info/ps_report_detail.php?bn=1&pg=HEAD&page=BACK&rpcdno=3088#3088
 スウェーデンとドイツでのITTFワールドツアー2大会を転戦し、帰国したばかりの日本選手団。さらに女子の石川・平野の両選手は、今日16日午後に女子ワールドカップが開催される中国に向けて出発する強行軍。さすがに各選手とも疲労の色が濃かったが、2014年の世界卓球(団体戦)東京大会以来、5年ぶりとなる日本での団体戦の世界大会開催。各選手ともしっかり抱負を述べた。コメントは下記のとおり。

■日本男子チーム
◎水谷隼
「最近本当に試合が多くて、世界のトップ選手と毎週のように試合ができるので、自分の状態もわかってくる。チームワールドカップでは自分のプレーがしっかりできればどのチームにも勝てるチャンスはある。
 今度のワールドカップ団体戦でも、14年世界卓球東京大会と同じような雰囲気で試合できると思うと、期待感でいっぱいです。自分の持っている力を全部発揮して、良い成績を残したい」

◎張本智和
「チームワールドカップまで3週間あるので、しっかり練習して、本番では金メダルが獲れるように頑張りたい。ぼくは他の選手より団体戦の経験が少ないので、まだ団体戦で良いプレーができていない。経験は少ないですけど、自分の実力を100%出し切って、チームのために貢献できればと思います」

◎吉村真晴
「ぼくはいつもどおり元気です(笑)。自分が持っているものをすべてチームワールドカップで出し切ることを目標にしている。そうすれば必然的にみんな勢いづいて、メダルは必ず獲れる。自分がやれることをやって、できる最高の準備をしたい」

■日本女子チーム
◎石川佳純
「たくさんある試合の中でもチームワールドカップはすごく大きな大会。優勝目指して頑張りたいです」

◎伊藤美誠
「私は大会まで3週間弱あるし、団体戦ですけど個々の力も大事になってくるので、練習をたくさんしてチームの勝ちにつなげていけたらいいと思います。私は日本で試合をするのが大好き。たくさんの方に見に来てもらえたらすごくうれしいです」

◎平野美宇
「結構試合が続いているんですけど、チームワールドカップではしっかりコンディションを整えたい。日本でいろんな方に見てもらえるので、しっかり結果を残して、台風で被災された方々にも元気を与えられるようなプレーがしたい。目標は優勝です」

会見での質疑応答では、快進撃を続ける日本男子ラグビーチームの活躍が刺激になるかどうか、質問が飛んだ。石川は次のように語っている。「(ラグビー男子チームが)格上のチームに何度も勝つというのは本当に素晴らしいことだし、難しいこと。私たち卓球はずっと中国が優勝していて、そこに挑戦している。格上のチームに何回も勝っていく姿を見せてもらって、「私たちもやれるんだ」という勇気をいただいた」。

今大会の日本女子では唯一、2014年の世界卓球(団体戦)東京大会を経験している石川。「団体戦はすごく特別なものがありますし、日本での戦いはプレッシャーも大きいですけど、それを力に変えられるかどうかは、自分たちの気持ちの持ち方次第。自信を持って日本代表としてプレーしたい」と力強く語った。

The Japanese team has just returned to Japan after two battles in the ITTF World Tour in Sweden and Germany. In addition, both women's players Ishikawa and Hirano are forced to leave in the afternoon of 16th for China where the Women's World Cup will be held. As expected, each player is very tired, but since the 2014 World Table Tennis (Collaborative Team) Tokyo Tournament, the world tournament of the team competition in Japan is held for the first time in 5 years. The players have expressed their aspirations. The comments are as follows.

■ Japanese Men's Team
◎ Jun Mizutani
"Recently, there are so many matches and I can play against the world’s top players every week, so I know my state. In the Team World Cup, if I play well, I'll have a chance beating any team.
In this upcoming Team World Cup, I am full of expectations when I think I can play in the same atmosphere as the 14th World Table Tennis Tokyo Games. I want to demonstrate all the power I have and get good results.''

◎ Tomokazu Harimoto
"I have 3 weeks left before the Team World Cup, so I want to practice hard and work hard to get a gold medal this time. I have less experience in team event than other players, so I haven’t played well in team yet. I have little experience, but I would like to contribute 100% of my skills and contribute to the team."

◎ Maharu Yoshimura
"I'm fine as usual (laughs). My goal is to put out everything I have in the Team World Cup. Then everyone will inevitably gain momentum and be able to win medals. I want to do the best I can."

■ Japan Women's Team
◎ Kasumi Ishikawa
"The Team World Cup is a huge tournament among many matches. I want to do my best to win."

◎ Mima Ito
"I have a little less than 3 weeks until the tournament, and it’s a team battle, but the individual strength is also important. I'm very happy if many people come to see me."

◎ Miu Hirano
"My form has been decent recently, but I want to be in good condition at the Team World Cup. It will be seen by many people in Japan, so I will leave a good result and be able to give energy to those affected by the typhoon. I want to play the game."

During the Q & A session, questions were raised as to whether the success of the Japanese men's rugby team, which continues to advance, will be a stimulus. Ishikawa says: "It's really great and difficult to beat a good team over and over again (referring to the rugby men’s team). As for our table tennis, China has always won and we are challenging it. I'm given the courage that "we can do it, too", with a high-class team showing us how to win many times."

Ishikawa is the only Japanese girl in this tournament who has experienced the 2014 World Table Tennis Championships. "Team battles are very special, and the pressure playing in Japan is great, but whether you can turn them into strength depends on how you feel. I want to play as a representative of Japan with confidence."

Conference:

Pikachu!

Last edited:
Jan 2018
By the way, i think there is round 1 of internal qualification tournament for JNT next week, maybe not Olympics but WTTTC 2020, second round in December

Didn't know that. Matsushima and M. Harimoto playing!!!

https://www.city.kita.tokyo.jp/ori_para/2020sekaitakkyu_1.html
日程
2019年10月22日(火曜・祝日)

午後1時30分~18時(予定)

(午後1時開場)
2019年10月23日(水曜)

午前9時30分~午後1時30分(予定)

(午前9時開場)

出場選手(予定)

【男子】

宇田 幸矢 選手(2019年世界ジュニア卓球選手権大会 日本代表)

大島 祐哉 選手(平成30年度全日本卓球選手権大会 シングルス 準優勝)

大矢 英俊 選手(2019年全日本社会人卓球選手権大会 シングルス 優勝)

木造 勇人 選手(平成30年度全日本卓球選手権大会 シングルス ベスト4)

篠塚 大登 選手(2019年世界ジュニア選手権大会 日本代表選手最終選考会 優勝)

戸上 隼輔 選手(2019年全国高校総合体育大会 シングルス 優勝)

松島 輝空 選手(2019年全日本卓球選手権大会 ホープスの部 優勝)

吉山 僚一 選手(2019年全国中学校卓球大会 シングルス 優勝)

【女子】

出雲 美空 選手(2019年全国高校総合体育大会 シングルス 優勝)

出澤 杏佳 選手(平成30年度全日本卓球選手権大会 ジュニアの部 優勝)

小塩 悠菜 選手(2019年全国中学校卓球大会 シングルス 優勝)

木原 美悠 選手(平成30年度全日本卓球選手権大会 シングルス 準優勝)

長﨑 美柚 選手(2019年世界ジュニア卓球選手権大会 日本代表)

野村 萌 選手(2019年全日本社会人卓球選手権大会 シングルス 優勝)

張本 美和 選手(2019年全日本卓球選手権大会 ホープスの部 優勝)

森 さくら 選手(平成30年度全日本卓球選手権大会 シングルス ベスト4)

※五十音順

※出場選手(予定)は令和元年10月10日現在。

※男女各12名が出場予定。

※選考基準については下記のリンク先をご覧ください。

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Hirano, born for the majors, straight to the SF if nothing goes wrong. Ishikawa always has a hard time playing FTW in singles, but Meshref is no pushover either.

qYSy6KK.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
It is interesting to see the game Odo Satsuki with Zhang Qiang ....Will she be to pass the second Chinese woman in a row .....
But in any case, with the most successful outcome, apparently, XE and Hayata will meet in the semifinal .....