Established TTD Member Country: Singapore
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Feel HX Pro
      Forehand Rubber Xiom Omega VII Asia
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Moristo

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 76 Times in 46 Posts
      I mean the top 3 Japanese, the ones who have a realistic chance of making Singles. With this result T2 was essentially a wasted trip for all of them.

3. The Following User Likes driversbeat's Post:

Vlad Celler (4 Days Ago)

4. Top | #363
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Russian Federation

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 130 Times in 91 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by driversbeat View Post
      Well they all got knocked out in the first round. Should have stayed at home
      That's right ... a little rest, it would be more useful ....

5. Top | #364
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      So....
      Preliminary calculation of ITTF rating (I apologize for possible inaccuracies ...)
      8/2019
      Ishikawa - 13133
      September ranking - deduction of old bonuses-(-1800,-1260), reserve so far (without taking into account results of Bulgaria and the Czech Republic) - (+1170,+900)
      Loss of points (without taking into account the results in Bulgaria and the Czech Republic) - (=-990)

ITO - 12710
      September ranking - deduction of old bonuses-(-1260), reserve so far (without taking into account results of Bulgaria and the Czech Republic) - (+1125)
      Loss of points (without taking into account the results in Bulgaria and the Czech Republic) - (=-135)

CHENG I-Ching - 12190
      September ranking - deduction of old bonuses-(-945), reserve so far (without taking into account results of Bulgaria and the Czech Republic) - (+880)
      Loss of points (without taking into account the results in Bulgaria and the Czech Republic) - (=-65)

HIRANO - 12050
      September ranking - deduction of old bonuses-(-1260), reserve so far (without taking into account results of Bulgaria and the Czech Republic) - (+900)
      Loss of points (without taking into account the results in Bulgaria and the Czech Republic) - (=-360)
      Last edited by Vlad Celler; 4 Days Ago at 02:28 PM.

6. Top | #365
      says IQ < 100

Master TTD Member Country: Hong Kong

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4,244 Times in 1,654 Posts
      $5000 alone is well worth the trip.

7. The Following User Likes zeio's Post:

Vlad Celler (4 Days Ago)

8. Top | #366
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by zeio View Post
      $5000 alone is well worth the trip.
      Does it make sense for Japan's TOP 3 to attend the next T2?

9. Top | #367
      says IQ < 100

Master TTD Member Country: Hong Kong

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 4,244 Times in 1,654 Posts
      Oh, of course. They gotta attend. 400 extra pts in the worst case scenario. ML and LSW agree as well.

10. Top | #368
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Russian Federation

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts
      How much do the winner get?

11. Top | #369
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: United States

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 42 Times in 18 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
      How much do the winner get?
      Competition Results PRIZE PURSE (USD) Per Event
      1st Place (winner) $100,000
      2nd Place $50,000
      3rd Place $20,000
      4th Place $12,000
      Quarter Finals $7,000
      Round of 16 $5,000

12. Top | #370
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Feel HX Pro

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      That changes everything

13. Top | #371
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Russian Federation

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts
      I still think though that Ittf has to review how the T2 diamond events hold sway over the World Rankings, I don't know much about the rules but I suppose the 3 T2 events would be in addition to the best 8 World Tour Events, So if XX who's in form for example wins the 3 events, He'll have 3000 points, that's a lotta points, I know inability to participate in this edition will spur the players down the ranking chart to up their game, but still if the 3 events will be added, there'll be a big disparity in points between the top 16 and the rest. Probably if only 2 is added( this doesn't make much sense), or an average of the points attained in how many events that were attended by an athlete, so for example if XX wins the 3 diamond events, he'll have just 1000 (3000/3) added, I believe this will keep things tighter.

14. The Following User Likes Shine's Post:

Takkyu_wa_inochi (3 Days Ago)

15. Top | #372
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Singapore

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 50 Times in 26 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by zeio View Post
      If you want to see Ito in singles and Hayata in team/mixed doubles, then Hirano will have to advance.
      Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
      I don't think it has any special meaning and the really bad sign for Hayata is Ishikawa's play in singles. My two cents...

Six months is still a while.
      This situation feels really similar to the 2012 North American Olympic Trials. At that time, Erica Wu, a teenage table tennis player needed her teammates and fellow teenagers Ariel Hsing and Lily Zhang to both qualify for singles so that Erica can make the Olympic Team event.

In this video, from 0 secs to 40 secs, you can see Erica talking about how anxious she was while watching Ariel's and Lily's matches, how her chances of making the olympics would be small if either or both of them didn't qualify for singles, and how grateful she was that they actually did qualify, which secured Erica's place in the team event. Hayata seems to be in the same spot that Erica was in 2012 and will want both Ito and Hirano to qualify for singles to better her chances of being selected for the team event.

Of course, she still has to do her part and perform the best she can in the remaining events to get selected and it'll be interesting to see how she fares in Bulgaria and Czech which will be her first Regular World Tour tournament this year where the Top Chinese Players won't be participating (since she was waitlisted in HK). If she can get out of qualifications, she has a good chance to win against some seeded players. However, the bitter truth is that part of her Olympic destiny is now out of her control and depends on the how Ito, Hirano and Ishikawa perform the rest of the year.

16. The Following User Likes apacible's Post:

Vlad Celler (3 Days Ago)

17. Top | #373
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: United States

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 42 Times in 18 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
      I still think though that Ittf has to review how the T2 diamond events hold sway over the World Rankings, I don't know much about the rules but I suppose the 3 T2 events would be in addition to the best 8 World Tour Events, So if XX who's in form for example wins the 3 events, He'll have 3000 points, that's a lotta points, I know inability to participate in this edition will spur the players down the ranking chart to up their game, but still if the 3 events will be added, there'll be a big disparity in points between the top 16 and the rest. Probably if only 2 is added( this doesn't make much sense), or an average of the points attained in how many events that were attended by an athlete, so for example if XX wins the 3 diamond events, he'll have just 1000 (3000/3) added, I believe this will keep things tighter.
      I've railed against these bonus points (mostly on MyTT) since I first found out about it. I have a lot of respect for what T2 is trying to do and I wish them good luck in trying to popularize the sport. Having said that, I'm against this decision to give ranking points out at these T2 non-ITTF tournaments and especially *in addition to* a player's top 8 results. Especially since this is an Olympic trial year, and as we can see, nations like Japan are using World Ranking as a criteria for determining Olympic selection (in Japan's case *the* criteria for singles). Olympics aside, this creates an artificial barrier to entry to the top 15. A player could have better results than a top 15 player, but because of the T2 points would lose out in getting into the top 15 which matters for seeding at ITTF tournaments.

18. The Following 2 Users Like pongfugrasshopper's Post:

Takkyu_wa_inochi (3 Days Ago),Vlad Celler (3 Days Ago)

19. Top | #374
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Agreed !

20. Top | #375
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Feel HX Pro

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      I thought Kato would close the gap between herself and the top Japanese with her T2 performance and create more drama. But the gap is simply too huge.

21. Top | #376
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by driversbeat View Post
      I thought Kato would close the gap between herself and the top Japanese with her T2 performance and create more drama. But the gap is simply too huge.
      She will receive approximately 24 place in the rating for August ....And it is unlikely to enter the TOP-16 by January 2020 ...

22. Top | #377
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Singapore

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 50 Times in 26 Posts
      Race to Tokyo Standings after T2 Malaysia
      Name:  JNT Standings 2019 T2 Malaysia.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  96.4 KB

T2 Recap:
      No one gained any ground among the 3 frontrunners in the Race to Tokyo since they all had early exits. The same happened in the men’s side. In case you’re curious, Mizutani currently has around a 200-point lead over Niwa in the Jan. 2020 WR. However, Niwa still has the advantage of playing the World Cup later this year. The race for the 2nd spot in the men’s team is actually quite close, and I’m considering making a spreadsheet for that race too as the selection of the men’s team will affect the women’s team selection due to the Mixed Doubles event.

The biggest surprise on the side of Japan was Miyu Kato’s performance. She was impressive in beating both Ito and Chen Meng. Unfortunately for her, her good performance in the first T2 event is offset by the fact that she isn’t qualified for the 2nd T2 event, so she’s still way behind in the singles race.

Looking ahead:
      Sun Yingsha’s recent performances will push her into the Top 8 in WR for August. This is actually good news for Ishikawa and Ito since now they will all be within the 5-8 seed group. This ensures that either Ishikawa or Ito will NOT face Sun Yingsha until at least the semifinals in tournaments, so it’s one less threat for them to worry about in the early rounds. On the other hand, this hurts Hirano as her 12.5% chance of drawing Cheng I-Ching in the R16 is substituted for Sun Yingsha, a much tougher opponent. The good news for Hirano is the top Chinese players aren’t playing in Bulgaria or Czech, so Hirano won’t be guaranteed to face tough opponents in the R16 for these tournaments if she draws well. She still has time to improve her World Ranking before the next tournament where the Top Chinese players do show up.

In the Bulgaria and Czech Open, luck of the draw becomes even more crucial in determining the Race to Tokyo as compared to other opens since the top Chinese Players aren’t playing. When the top Chinese players play, luck of the draw isn’t as crucial since there will always be a quarter of the draw defended by a Chinese player. When the Chinese top players don’t play, the draw can become very imbalanced because of the low WR of Chinese qualifiers. This could lead to a situation where one half of the draw is full of Chinese players and the other half has none. This was exactly what happened in last year’s Czech Open where no Chinese players were drawn to Ishikawa’s half of the draw while all the Chinese players got drawn to Ito’s half. Hopefully, the draws this time will not be too imbalanced, so the Japanese players’ Olympic readiness can be measured more accurately and fairly.

23. The Following 4 Users Like apacible's Post:

Gangarth (23 Hours Ago),pongfugrasshopper (1 Day Ago),Takkyu_wa_inochi (1 Day Ago),Vlad Celler (1 Day Ago)

24. Top | #378
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      apacible

....Sun Yingsha’s recent performances will push her into the Top 8 in WR for August....

WS rating ITTF 8/2019
      (I apologize for any inaccuracies ..)

nr.6 - ISHIKAWA Kasumi 13133 (-1800,1260/1170,900) +bolg , cze
      SUN Yingsha 12915
      ITO Mima 12710 (-1260/1125) +bolg , cze
      CHENG I-Ching 12190 (-945/880)
      HIRANO Miu 12050 (-1260/900) +bolg , cze

Also shows deductions old bonuses for 8/2018, which will be taken into account in the rating for September 2019
      (reserve points for replacement — so far without taking into account the results in Bulgaria and the Czech Republic ...)

Note:
      SUN Yingsha - no games in August, the result will remain the same ...
      CHENG I-Ching - no games in August...But there is a deduction with a replacement .. (- 65 points=12125) ...

Theoretically, Ito has good chances to beat Ishikawa in September's rating ITTF.....

25. The Following User Likes Vlad Celler's Post:

pongfugrasshopper (1 Day Ago)

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819