Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Of the ones on TV tables:
Ishikawa and Hirano played like crap.
Sato was so bored she turned to attacking after G2.
Hashimoto is like usual.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Pity....
She had the opportunity to rise above Kato and, possibly, get into the top 20 in the ITTF ranking for January .....

We will wait for the results of the Top 12 and the Empress Cup (All of Japan) ...
How far can she go .....

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
This is the 4th time this year Hayata loses a match due to poor receiving.

This is where Ito and Hirano shine. You rarely see them have this much trouble telling the spin. This puts so much pressure on her turn to serve, especially in the endgame. She dropped so many points transitioning b/w FH and BH. She gotta address the relationship between winners and rallies, when to go for broke and when to go for safety. Right now, she is like Ishikawa, who tends to make the wrong judgment when it gets tight.

She has so much trouble playing these "viscous" players, basically those with decent serve-n-attack, consistent defense and stable rallies who are good at picking up points here and there.

Hayata could take a page from Hinrao in the R16 match against Zhang Binyue, another "viscous" player. Hirano slowed down the game, varied the pace and cut down her misses. You don't have to go for winners every point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Of course, Hina Hayata will not see my wishes ...
Nevertheless, I wish her - do not lose heart! Focus so far on the TOP-12, on the Empress Cup!
You finished the year well! The gap between you and Kato is now minimal .... Sato, perhaps by the middle of the next year will also be closer to you ....If all of you are forced to play qualification, your chances will be compared .....
Hayata Hina, happiness and good luck to you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
unfortunately for Hayata, its not such a surprise...

I'm not convinced Hirano and Ishikawa are gonna meet in the final

HM has no CNT in her half so highly likely she'll be in the finals (as long as her mind doesn't go blank). IK will have to go through a gauntlet of CNT so I don't like her chances.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Only one addition - Ishikawa and Hirano need to not just get to the finals ... .... You need to win this tournament to score extra points in the ranking ....The second place will not give anything .....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
But that’s because Hirano has already beaten 2 CNT. So it’s Ishikawa’s turn to meet some CNT in the next few rounds.

HM has no CNT in her half so highly likely she'll be in the finals (as long as her mind doesn't go blank). IK will have to go through a gauntlet of CNT so I don't like her chances.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
The moment of truth ....
If I remember correctly, Zhang Qian lost only Ito, Hirano and Hayata only once ...
More precisely, Ito won twice, Hayata won once, once lost ...... Hirano, Ishikawa-did not play .....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Only one addition - Ishikawa and Hirano need to not just get to the finals ... .... You need to win this tournament to score extra points in the ranking ....The second place will not give anything .....
It is more. If any od them lost to lower ranked player besides chinese it will be huge disapointment and will be noticed by Japan headquaters.

Jan 2018
Li Jiayi lives to die another day. Batra did everything she could.