Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
O_O FTW took a game from Hayata

FTW: I was just pretending to be mediocre during T-league so that I can study all of you JNT girls.
Poisonous shrimp indeed. 🦐

Before
JNT: We welcome all foreign players...
After
JNT: Dafuq? So that's why the CNT bans them...

Jan 2018
Queen Elizabeta coming through!
f6hkB9H.jpg

yTsz0cn.jpg

1zyQwh0.jpg

jRXsc8H.jpg

DTa6Uxk.jpg

NmmqnUG.jpg

GNU9sRo.jpg

What can I do? She committed suicide.
ed8P6fA.jpg

https://tleague.jp/ranking/standings.php?gender=2&type=1&year=2020
08 FTW
11 Samara

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
With the Olympics just 3 months away (if indeed it can be held), 2/3s of the Japanese’s Women’s team are dropping like flies in the early rounds, not by the hands of CNT but by other foreign associations which they usually bested. Maybe canceling the Games is not a bad idea.

Japan will win medals in TT. Big hopes obviously ride on Mima and Harimoto. Don't think can expect much on others, not to sound rude.

​​​​​​I expect Mima to get to SF and Japanese ladies team to win a Silver in the Team event. I can also see Harimoto in Semi Finals too. XD who knows, will depend on Mizutani being in good form and pair showing good cohesion.

I think 50/50 on games happening. Japanese think over spent on 20 billion and can't see bill decreasing with Covid measures. Games can either go 3 ways

1. Cancelled
2. Inspiring, Uniting the World during tough times
3. Complete disaster with big time infections, new mutated variants and massive bill becoming most expensive games ever to be held

I'm kinda ruling out 2, hope I'm wrong
​​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Judging by the Japanese segment of the Internet, it is not yet clear whether the Games will take place ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018

Japan will win medals in TT. Big hopes obviously ride on Mima and Harimoto. Don't think can expect much on others, not to sound rude.

​​​​​​I expect Mima to get to SF and Japanese ladies team to win a Silver in the Team event. I can also see Harimoto in Semi Finals too. XD who knows, will depend on Mizutani being in good form and pair showing good cohesion.

I think 50/50 on games happening. Japanese think over spent on 20 billion and can't see bill decreasing with Covid measures. Games can either go 3 ways

1. Cancelled
3. Complete disaster with big time infections, new mutated variants and massive bill becoming most expensive games ever to be held

​​​

options 2 & 3 would be the same IMO, big money spent while inviting multiple opportunities of incoming contaminations. Even for a no-spectators Games, there are estimated 200 nations &12000 athletes coming in. To me, Japanese dying to inspire and unite the world just seems far fetched.
As for money, Japan lost $360 billion in the 2011Tsunami plus a $78 billion deficit in the following year, but did recover the money in time. But he country still hasn’t recovered fully from the nuclear disaster, which affects its citizens.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
options 2 & 3 would be the same IMO, big money spent while inviting multiple opportunities of incoming contaminations. Even for a no-spectators Games, there are estimated 200 nations &12000 athletes coming in. To me, Japanese dying to inspire and unite the world just seems far fetched.
As for money, Japan lost $360 billion in the 2011Tsunami plus a $78 billion deficit in the following year, but did recover the money in time. But he country still hasn’t recovered fully from the nuclear disaster, which affects its citizens.

Not sure how keen I would be allowing big group of athletes in from US, Brazil, Mexico, Europe in. Not sure id want to be in the same hotel with athletes from these countries either. Too much really against the games and to be honest not great deal of benefit either. Overseas travellers lost likely banned, big ticket loss, other big losses such as hotel fees and purchases tourists would make if things were under normal circumstances.

Japanese government I feel for as they are in a no win situation. Safer and logical option is to cancel but the cost already spent and to cancel surely would leave a bad taste in their mouth

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

1. Cancelled

​​​

I suspect they will have it and lose money by forgoing tourism. That's the only thing that makes sense in the current global climate if they don't cancel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Seems like the Korean seonbae is much more reliable than the Japanese senpai here. Senpai appears unable to control and/or return with enough quality to stop the opponent from delivering winning shots while seonbae is able to do so and even brings a lethal forehand.

Jan 2018
IIRC, the pair has won only 1 Open title before this. The other teams have not sent their strongest pairs as well, namely South Korea, sending Jeon/Yang over Jeon/Shin or Choi/Shin. Also, the way they eased up against Yuan/Loeuillette after a big lead is concerning.

JNT: Gold medal in WT! 🤥
KNT: 😂
CNT: 🤣

What a *bleep* joke!

A repeat of the Team World Cup 2019, ONLY WORSE. Hirano did well in G2 to seize the opening after the yellow card for JJH/SYB and turned it around from 7:9 to 10:9, only to have sempai fail and pop up JJH's no-spin serve. In G3, how sempai managed to miss that FH killer is beyond me. As Lin Qiang pointed out at TWC 2019, Hirano is forced to bear the burden and hence the risks of putting in the first attack, and hopefully strong enough to finish the point, because otherwise Ishikawa couldn't keep up, let alone step up, especially on crucial points. The weakest link remains the weakest link.

50SDVJT.jpg

tXWo4r3.jpg

dB1RDoO.jpg

K1SjhLl.jpg

tuj9OST.jpg

f8uBXoO.jpg

qJ7DRm1.jpg

LRIvzw7.jpg

0e4QRg0.jpg

oPv0rRT.jpg

IJJzenT.jpg

Ihowk0y.jpg

0aEhSUo.jpg

ftUU20Z.jpg

zaWQhnc.jpg

ledtB1k.jpg

7NuAKFG.jpg

nFEL80M.jpg

pTRRYqQ.jpg

Mika Baba: Perhaps it was better for Hayata/Kihara to win...
baAqeEg.jpg

oz61cjb.jpg

7MyX2vp.jpg

rhZBER3.jpg

E9SUAAd.jpg

I1oLjaZ.jpg

mJysBBr.jpg

RuPGgOa.jpg

kg1YgSN.jpg

q9K1rF4.jpg

xio06T2.jpg

x0lFqMV.jpg

a5sdGdq.jpg

cibPRL3.jpg

o7idnEk.jpg

fjOn5IC.jpg

0-3?
RnjssZO.jpg

Hehehe...
ghYUAkt.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Janard
Jan 2018
LYJ made tons of errors but woke up after the TO in G2. OTOH, LSS blacked out (once again after WTTC 2019 and ATTC 2019). Everything was going so well for them.

VdAOflE.jpg

JJH: WTH, ajeossi(instead of oppa)?
jYdUReH.jpg

zwiQdYF.jpg

LSS: Blame it on me!
MSeVMnz.jpg

1iD4msk.jpg

hxGrr7u.jpg

5G5clw9.jpg

f4e5OrX.jpg

sF5pRQD.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
JNT: Gold medal in WT! 🤥
KNT: 😂
CNT: 🤣

What a *bleep* joke!

A repeat of the Team World Cup 2019, ONLY WORSE. Hirano did well in G2 to seize the opening after the yellow card for JJH/SYB and turned it around from 7:9 to 10:9, only to have sempai fail and pop up JJH's no-spin serve. In G3, how sempai managed to miss that FH killer is beyond me. As Lin Qiang pointed out at TWC 2019, Hirano is forced to bear the burden and hence the risks of putting in the first attack, and hopefully strong enough to finish the point, because otherwise Ishikawa couldn't keep up, let alone step up, especially on crucial points. The weakest link remains the weakest link.

50SDVJT.jpg

tXWo4r3.jpg

dB1RDoO.jpg

K1SjhLl.jpg

tuj9OST.jpg

f8uBXoO.jpg

qJ7DRm1.jpg

LRIvzw7.jpg

0e4QRg0.jpg

oPv0rRT.jpg

IJJzenT.jpg

Ihowk0y.jpg

0aEhSUo.jpg

ftUU20Z.jpg

zaWQhnc.jpg

ledtB1k.jpg

7NuAKFG.jpg

nFEL80M.jpg

pTRRYqQ.jpg

Mika Baba: Perhaps it was better for Hayata/Kihara to win...
baAqeEg.jpg

oz61cjb.jpg

7MyX2vp.jpg

rhZBER3.jpg

E9SUAAd.jpg

I1oLjaZ.jpg

mJysBBr.jpg

RuPGgOa.jpg

kg1YgSN.jpg

q9K1rF4.jpg

xio06T2.jpg

x0lFqMV.jpg

a5sdGdq.jpg

cibPRL3.jpg

o7idnEk.jpg

fjOn5IC.jpg

0-3?
RnjssZO.jpg

Hehehe...
ghYUAkt.jpg

If only JNT was daring enough to do a last minute switcheroo like CNT did by replacing Guo Yan with Ding Ning.

Jan 2018
Deceiving score for Ito. FTW played well, had a game point(10:9) in G2, and was leading 5:2 in G5 but her flow got disrupted by the umpire's serve warning.

CMV7VYP.jpg

kemy0he.jpg

PMd8OLz.jpg

DcqOKsc.jpg

BywgF0G.jpg

BywgF0G.jpg

kiR1eTb.jpg

wuFgj8x.jpg

Zud2lYK.jpg

onS5rKz.jpg

Gtz29ld.jpg

u5I4FpN.jpg