Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
" 2021年7月2日,日本乒协举办的东京奥运模拟赛,结束男单、混双两个项目的较量,男单张本智和4-3险胜及川瑞基夺冠,混双吉村真晴/有延大梦4-0横扫水谷隼/伊藤美诚,丹羽孝希因病退赛,原本是安排他和神巧也有一场单打比赛,但是遇到突发情况只能取消。
在东京奥运会开始前,日本队希望通过模拟赛检验参赛选手的竞技状态,主要的考察对象就是张本智和、伊藤美诚,张本智和的侧重点在男单,不会参与双打,及川瑞基在今年全日本锦标赛曾战胜过张本智和,最终也是拿到冠军,这一次双方打满七局,张本智和4-3险胜。
水谷隼/伊藤美诚挑战男双组合吉村真晴/有延大梦,吉村真晴是双打名将,曾连续三届世乒赛搭档石川佳纯打进决赛,拿到一冠两亚很有实力,比赛呈现出一边倒的局面,吉村真晴/有延大梦轰出4-0横扫水谷隼/伊藤美诚,拿到混双项目的冠军,伊藤美诚对自己表现很不满。"

This is translated news so might not be accurate but basically during the Japanese Olympics trial matches, Harimoto barely won Mizuki Oikawa (4-3) while Mizutani/Ito lost 0-4 to Yoshimura Maharu/Arinobu Taimu. Is Ito following the footsteps of CM and SYS?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
IIUC these matches were for the celebration of the 90th year of the JTTA. But yeh they used them for the Olympics preparation.
Mizutani said its not a problem to have lost this match because they won't be facing 2 male players, and its just a preparation match

Also, Niwa was scheduled to play the doubles with Mizutani, but withdrew because of an injury
I don't remember who is the reserve player for Japan if Niwa goes REKT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
IIUC these matches were for the celebration of the 90th year of the JTTA. But yeh they used them for the Olympics preparation.
Mizutani said its not a problem to have lost this match because they won't be facing 2 male players, and its just a preparation match

Also, Niwa was scheduled to play the doubles with Mizutani, but withdrew because of an injury
I don't remember who is the reserve player for Japan if Niwa goes REKT

so instead, Mizutani + Harimoto beated Jin + Shinozuka 3-1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Niwa pulled out due to side effects after vaccination.

https://ameblo.jp/overture205/entry-12674530634.html

so is there a reserve player if NIWA cannot participate or must the whole team be forfeited ?

i can't see any name of the link or JTTA site, the only thing i see is that n4 on the national team is UDA, so i guess he would be the natural replacement for NIWA (he's a leftie like NIWA as well)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
In my opinion, a strong negative attitude towards the upcoming Olympics in Japanese society causes discomfort for the players of the national team ... This will affect the results, most likely ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
In my opinion, a strong negative attitude towards the upcoming Olympics in Japanese society causes discomfort for the players of the national team ... This will affect the results, most likely ...

Japanese women's ladies team just seem strong with Mima, even with Hirano as third best still good and think most teams other than Chinese ladies will be too much to handle.

Other 4 events hard to say, not sure given the climax any home advantage might exist. Speactors limited plus no cheering allowed so might be a diffenent experience for these players
​​​​

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016

why have spectators there in the first place if they are not allowed to cheer. Knowing their mentality I guess japanese spectators will stick to the rules

probably they can't use their voices, but flags, towels, or high-pressure balloons that can be used to clap are allowed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019