says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2]There is many a slip between the cup and the lip [/size]

Koki Niwa is the very shaky link. This hole will sink the entire ship and crew

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Looks like the following Japanese players/pairs are withdrawn from German Open.

MS: M. Yoshimura
MD: Harimoto/Niwa
XD: Harimoto/Hayata

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
I mean these players/pairs were originally on the German Open entry list but are no longer there.

I like the pair of Harimoto & Hayata they should leave it l, that pair works, I think team Japan made their calls very early, obvious but early, should have left it closer to the tournament just to keep players competing and trying to impress the coaching staff, could have negative impact if players go cold, as JNT will have to stick with them.

Think they are realising Koki Niwa/Harimoto might not work, Mizutani would be better fit anyway in Doubles with Koki

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I like the pair of Harimoto & Hayata they should leave it l, that pair works, I think team Japan made their calls very early, obvious but early, should have left it closer to the tournament just to keep players competing and trying to impress the coaching staff, could have negative impact if players go cold, as JNT will have to stick with them.

Think they are realising Koki Niwa/Harimoto might not work, Mizutani would be better fit anyway in Doubles with Koki

Two lefties rarely work together though...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Curious ... In February, Portugal Challenger - declared Ishikawa, Sato, Kato ..... Ito, Hirano, Hayata-no ....
I wonder who will be announced in Hungary Open .....

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
On the 24th, the JTTA has formally announced their WTTC line-up. Sato is in. Kato is out. Also, the July World Ranking List will be used for seeding.

https://hochi.news/articles/20200124-OHT1T50093.html
五輪の卓球団体シード順は7月の世界ランクで決定 中国開催の2大会も派遣の方針
2020年1月24日 12時42分スポーツ報知
# スポーツ# 卓球

日本卓球協会は24日、都内で会見し、3月22日開幕の世界選手権団体戦(韓国・釜山)の日本代表男女各5人を発表した。

宮崎義仁強化本部長は会見後に取材に応じ、東京五輪の団体のシード順について「現時点では7月の(世界)ランキングで決められるものと考えている」と語った。国際卓球連盟にも規定の解釈について問い合わせ、確認したという。対象の国際大会では6月23~28日のオーストラリア・オープン(OP)が最後の大会となる。

団体のシード順はシングルスの世界ランクで上位選手が必ず勝つと仮定した上で、出場する3選手でオーダーを組んだ仮想の団体戦を行い、決定する。日本は第1シード確実の中国と決勝まで当たらない第2シードに入ることを重要視。1月時点では女子が2位、男子が3位となっており、男女とも6月までワールドツアーなどの国際大会を転戦し、第2シード確保に向けた戦いに挑むことになる。

また今後の国際大会の日本選手団の派遣について、3月のカタールOPは直前まで国際情勢を見極めて判断する。中国では湖北省武漢市で発生した新型コロナウイルスの感染による肺炎が広がっているが、2月28~3月1日のアジア杯(中国・海南省)、5月の中国OP(深セン)の2大会は、ともに武漢市と1000キロ以上離れていることもあり、現時点では派遣する方針を示した。
The Olympic table tennis group seed order is determined by the world ranking in July.
January 24, 2020 12:42 Sports Alert
# Sports # Table tennis

The Japan Table Tennis Association held a meeting in Tokyo on the 24th, and announced the five men and women of each of Japan's representatives in the World Championships Team Match (Busan, Korea), which started on March 22.

In response to the interview after the interview, Miyazaki Yoshihito, director of the Headquarters, said, "We believe that the order of the seeds of the Tokyo Olympics groups will be determined at the moment in the July (world) ranking in July." He inquired of the International Table Tennis Federation about the interpretation of the rules and confirmed it. The Australian Open (OP) on June 23-28 will be the last international competition.

The seed order of the group is determined by assuming that the top players in the singles world rank will always win, and then conducting a virtual group battle in which the three players who participate will form an order. Japan attaches great importance to entering the second seed, which does not hit the final with China, which is surely the first seed. As of January, women are second and boys third, and both men and women will compete in international tournaments such as the World Tour until June to challenge the second seed.

Regarding the dispatch of the Japanese team for future international competitions, the Qatar OP in March will determine the international situation until just before. In China, pneumonia caused by the infection of the new coronavirus in Wuhan, Hubei Province has spread. Since the Asian Cup(Hainan province) and China Open(Shenzhen) are both more than 1,000 km away from Wuhan City, they indicated that they would dispatch them at this time.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
I always expect Sato will be chosen over Kato for this remaining spot of the WTTC team. Sato has been always chosen for the major events including WTTC 2019 single and double, and the Team World Cup 2019.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
On Hina Hayat's Facebook fan page:
(four hours ago)

●女子
伊藤美誠(スターツ)
石川佳純(全農)
平野美宇(日本生命)
佐藤瞳(ミキハウス)
早田ひな(日本生命)

● Women
Mima Ito
Kasumi Ishikawa
Miu Hirano
Hitomi Sato
Hina Hayata

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
In anticipation of tomorrow I will slightly raise the topic ....
Tomorrow - draw of the first stage, Germany Open ...Knok-out...3 rounds ...
In qualification - 6 Chinese women...
Sato, Kato, Hayata - they will have to play qualification ....

Reactions: MaLin2.0
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
In anticipation of tomorrow I will slightly raise the topic ....
Tomorrow - draw of the first stage, Germany Open ...Knok-out...3 rounds ...
In qualification - 6 Chinese women...
Sato, Kato, Hayata - they will have to play qualification ....

Can't wait to see this event, hopefully draw gets released soon