Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
JNT is likely doing that in protest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
other then ito i think hayata has the most potential to beat the chinese players. She is very unlucky with her draws in 2019. This year she has only lost 1 game to a non chinese player on the world tour. Other then that she went 13-0 and MVP in the japanese league, but lost an already "won" game against kato miyu on the japanese wttc-tryouts.

I could be wrong but i feel other then Ito and hayata all other japanese players instantly lose against every chinese player. Even if they are 2nd or 3rd string players.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
other then ito i think hayata has the most potential to beat the chinese players. She is very unlucky with her draws in 2019. This year she has only lost 1 game to a non chinese player on the world tour. Other then that she went 13-0 and MVP in the japanese league, but lost an already "won" game against kato miyu on the japanese wttc-tryouts.

I could be wrong but i feel other then Ito and hayata all other japanese players instantly lose against every chinese player. Even if they are 2nd or 3rd string players.

Especially Ishikawa. She just crumbles to any chinese player

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
By the way, Hayata in the rating for August may rise slightly upwards - approximately nr.34 ...And in the September rankings, theoretically, a place can get 29-30 ....
But this is not because of the game, but because of the subtraction of old bonuses for those who were higher ....:(

Reactions: zeio
Jan 2018
By the way, Hayata in the rating for August may rise slightly upwards - approximately nr.34 ...And in the September rankings, theoretically, a place can get 29-30 ....
But this is not because of the game, but because of the subtraction of old bonuses for those who were higher ....:(

Still not getting anywhere.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
It’s interesting that JNT never tests mix double with Hirano. They basically tested all the left/right hand combinations of the Olympics contenders: Harimoto/Ishikawa, Harimoto/Hayata, Yoshimura/Ishikawa, Niwa/Ito, Mizutani/Ito. And actually I want to see how it will look like for Yoshimura/Hayata.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
It’s interesting that JNT never tests mix double with Hirano. They basically tested all the left/right hand combinations of the Olympics contenders: Harimoto/Ishikawa, Harimoto/Hayata, Yoshimura/Ishikawa, Niwa/Ito, Mizutani/Ito. And actually I want to see how it will look like for Yoshimura/Hayata.
They did. Japan Op 2018. Lost in the 2nd round, with Harimoto.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
That was a long time ago and I think that was more to prepare for the Junior Olympics at that time.

They should try to pair Hirano with lefty like Niwa and Mizutani.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
By the way, Ishikawa is so lucky to draw to the only quarter without a CNT for the Australia Open Single. So she will high likely be advanced to quarter final. On the other hand either Ito or Hirano will not make it to quarter final (or maybe both cannot if they lose to Qian Tianyi).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
By the way, Ishikawa is so lucky to draw to the only quarter without a CNT for the Australia Open Single. So she will high likely be advanced to quarter final. On the other hand either Ito or Hirano will not make it to quarter final (or maybe both cannot if they lose to Qian Tianyi).

Hmm? Isn't she in the same quarter as Chen Meng?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Sorry, I mean the section of quarter final, i.e. half of a quarter. How to call it? Something like an octa?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Sorry, I mean the section of quarter final, i.e. half of a quarter. How to call it? Something like an octa?
You can say no CNT through the round of 16 (aka R16).

I think DN is pretty lucky due to LSW's withdrawal. She has a comparatively easy path to the Semi Finals.

Last edited:
Jan 2018

half(半區), quarter(四分一區), 8th(八分一區), 16th(十六分一區), 32nd(三十二分一區)...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Edit oops used old (wrong chart) sorry !

ok...let's try this again.
After Australia Op r32, possible points progression (to QF)

Ito 9180 > 9405 > 9630
Hirano 8965 > 9190> 9415
Ishikawa 8245 > 8440 > 8665
of course only either Ito or Hirano can progress, and only a chopper can spoil Ishikawa's dream to QF.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Sorry ?
Platinium (2019)
R32 los - 675
R16 los - 900
QF los -1125
SW los -1465
runner/finalist - 1800/2250