Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Yellow-green happens to be the color to which the eye is most sensitive. Perhaps that will boost the peripheral vision of the opponent to track them down?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Thanks for this statistic. While I don’t have the numbers, I do notice that Ito lost a lot of matches to CNT when wearing this new yellow uniform.

Want to hear an interesting yet strange statistic? The new uniforms for the Japan Women’s Team debuted during this year’s World Championships. There are 3 colors: red, blue and yellow-green. What’s really strange is that all of Ito’s singles losses to CNT members came when Ito wore the yellow-green uniform.

Ito’s Wins and Losses this year against CNT players since the debut of the new uniforms in the WTTC:

Blue: 3 Wins (Wang Yidi, Ding Ning, Li Jiayi) 0 Losses
Red: 1 Win (Sun Mingyang) 0 Losses
Yellow-Green: 0 Wins, 6 Losses: (Sun Yingsha, Wang Manyu twice, Wang Yidi, Gu Yuting, Ding Ning)

I’m not claiming Ito’s losses are due to her uniform choice, but it’s certainly one of those strange and unlikely coincidences like Ishikawa meeting Kihara in the R32 and losing to Sun Yingsha 3 Opens in a row. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
By the way, the composition of the Chinese national team in Bulgaria is published ... Not sure that any of the Japanese women will be in the semi-finals .....
(it seems that China will not open its jaws before the start of the Olympics .... It literally stifles Japan .....):mad:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I don't really believe this sacrifice that many are thinking CM made, She was so nervous and kept making mistakes and looking at Ma Lin, I don't know why it seems like every step these players think or every thing they do there's always something sinister behind that, or there's an ulterior motive of some sorts, Can't people just see them as normal beings, It's sort of like a manic obsession with reading what's not there, and seems insecure. If China really wanted to be nice, they'd have told shasha to lose today and ding to lose tomorrow, it won't cost anything, It's just a open. Being professional and wanting to defeat your opponent now seems like a wrong thing to do, Why didn't anyone say Qian TY tanked for Hirano, or Jiayi for Into, They're the all glorious CNT they win when they want if that's what people are insinuating so the losses are driven then?.

"Sacrifice" was in quotes you know. FZD is also "sacrificing " himself a lot lately.

Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
;) 23 JNT, 12 CNT, 11 Korean women in a european Open ;) don’t want to go to asia? Asia will come to you ;) we do deliveries, FREE shipping! ;) and GUARANTEED quality too! ;)
ok...looks like only HZJ & CXT are seeded (does it actually matter?) :D:cool:

Pay attention to the total limit in Bulgaria .... 310 ... Maybe someone will be on the waiting list?
(It will be interesting to see the Chinese team in the Czech Republic ... Japan - the composition has already been published on the JTTA portal, on the ITTF portal - not yet available ....)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Pay attention to the total limit in Bulgaria .... 310 ... Maybe someone will be on the waiting list?
(It will be interesting to see the Chinese team in the Czech Republic ... Japan - the composition has already been published on the JTTA portal, on the ITTF portal - not yet available ....)
138 men+176 women=314 i think everyone will be in :cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
By the way, the composition of the Chinese national team in Bulgaria is published ... Not sure that any of the Japanese women will be in the semi-finals .....
(it seems that China will not open its jaws before the start of the Olympics .... It literally stifles Japan .....):mad:
HZJ and CXT are the seeded players there, if JNT can't beat these players that's not good news, If CNT really wanted to block them, they'll send the top 6 there, So they're basically saying Ishikawa, Ito, Hirano you can win this open to stamp your participation in Tokyo, talk about helping Japan lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Probably taking time to recuperate since there is the Chinese national games (dubbed "hell level") in July after T2 Diamond. Non-stop for the top 6 players of the men's and women's teams.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Probably taking time to recuperate since there is the Chinese national games (dubbed "hell level") in July after T2 Diamond. Non-stop for the top 6 players of the men's and women's teams.

I think National.Champs not National Games as National Games should be every 4 years and a much bigger deal unless something has changed. National champs, I suspect some of the top players will sit it out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I think National.Champs not National Games as National Games should be every 4 years and a much bigger deal unless something has changed. National champs, I suspect some of the top players will sit it out.

Hi, yes you're right. It's the All China Table Tennis Championships I was referring to. Actually, the top 8 seeds for the Singles and XD events have been announced yesterday and it seems all the top players are taking part. They are holding it in the same sequence as the Olympics, like a mini-rehearsal.

Men's Singles (seeding order)
1) Xu Xin; 2) Lin Gaoyuan; 3) Fan Zhendong; 4) Ma Long; 5) Liang Jingkun; 6) Fang Bo; 7) Zhou Yu; 8) Zhou Qihao

Women's Singles (seeding order)
1) Chen Meng; 2) Liu Shiwen; 3) Ding Ning; 4) Zhu Yuling; 5) Wang Manyu; 6) Sun Yingsha; 7) He Zhuojia; 8) Chen Xingtong

Mixed Doubles (seeding order)
1) Xu Xin/Liu Shiwen; 2) Fan Zhendong/Ding Ning; 3) Wang Chuqin; Sun Yingsha; 4) Lin Gaoyuan; Wang Manyu; 5) Liang Jingkun/Zhu Yuling; 6) Yu Ziyang/Chen Meng; 7) Zhou Yu/Mu Zi; 8) Zhou Qihao/Chen Xingtong

P.S. Apologies for hijacking this thread which is supposed to be on the Japanese Women. I can remove this post if need be.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
T2’s draw is released.

Ito: 5th seed
Hirano: 9th seed
Ishikawa: 14th seed

Hirano is lucky to draw the best first opponent among the top 8th seeds.

With the recent form, can Ishikawa upset ZYL?

And we may finally see Ito vs CM. With the special playing rules of T2, it may have some benefits towards Ito.

But if everything is just normal, i.e. Ishikawa lost in first round, Hirano and Ito lost in second round. Hirano and Ito will only get 100 more points than Ishikawa. Not very significant I assume?

66675108_2962340620475328_2411730209511309312_o.jpg

Jan 2018
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
“...But if everything is just normal, i.e. Ishikawa lost in first round, Hirano and Ito lost in second round. Hirano and Ito will only get 100 more points than Ishikawa. Not very significant I assume?”

it would only give Hirano’s total points the equivalent of a one round lead of 1 WT event. Her earlier lead has all but evaporated in one tournament.

Jan 2018
It makes total sense as the CNT wants Ito out of the top 2 spots. If Ishikawa and Hirano make the singles, then Hayata will be dropped in favor of Ito. If Ishikawa and Ito make the singles, Hayata will also be dropped in favor of Hirano, as you can't have 2 left-handers play doubles. Either way, their team doubles will be weakened by a wide margin. And with that, Mizutani/Ito will play the XD, which is in my opinion not as good as Harimoto/Hayata.

Reactions: Vlad Celler