Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Is Miwa showing promise? I don't watch her play but I did catch an interview wherein she said her idol is LSW. So is she gonna be another Hirano?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Check out the crowd reaction in the full version.

Jan 2018
For the sake of completeness.

Retire, Ishikawa.

1fUFrmg.jpg

2h1rGdD.jpg

Soch1mk.jpg

waFn19M.jpg

6Rmyk1z.jpg

3LxpuXj.jpg

9omsH6L.jpg

DdHnQxm.jpg

pGsx45n.jpg

ePsUzRF.jpg

ihi8BUO.jpg

uOkjzEy.jpg

SJ1MBLs.jpg

WZ6wEBs.jpg

RcfzpH0.jpg

9LnlOIg.jpg

geHMzQn.jpg

sFdzksE.jpg

Jan 2018
Posting this again for sake of completeness.

ITO won 3-2 against CHOI but personally i never felt she was in danger against her or SHIN YB it was more about ITO not being focused than her opponents playing like a top10 player.

I think next time they'll get 3-0 and that Kasumi will spend more time training in doubles

some stats about CHOI and who beat her since the Qatar Open (not going further it doesn't display on the same page)
Minnie SOO
Haruna OJIO
Sakura MORI
Sofia POLCANOVA

she is definitely not a terror

for SHIN Yubin
Hana MATELOVA
Hina HAYATA
Miyu KATO
Ganna GAPONOVA
Anastasia KOLISH
Satsuki ODO
Adriana DIAZ
Honoka HASHIMOTO...

you get the picture... ITO did 3 drop 3 games in total to these 2 players, but its not about these players being strong but about ITO not being in her best (mental) form, and still when she needed to up her game, she managed to do it and win easily

As I've stressed over the years, stats don't matter when it comes to the major. Yoo Namkyu knew they were the underdog. Choi Hyojoo and Shin Yubin served the role of what would be called 奇兵 in Chinese, loosely "surprise soldier". It's in the news. They had no chance with Suh Hyowon and Yang Haeun. Many in China praise Yoo Namkyu for his grit.

http://mpop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201911122159360427243_1
지난 9일 도쿄에서 열린 국제탁구연맹(ITTF) 팀 월드컵 여자부 준결승에서 유남규 감독은 선수시절 별명이었던 ‘꾀돌이’다운 깜짝 오더로 세계 2위 일본을 당황하게 만들었다. 붙박이 주전이었던 서효원(32 한국마사회)과 양하은(25 포스코에너지)을 빼고, 최효주(21 삼성생명), 신유빈(청명중)을 기용했다. 신유빈은 전지희(27 포스코에너지)와 짝을 이뤄 제1복식을 따냈고, 최효주는 2단식에서 일본의 에이스 이토 미마를 거의 잡을 뻔했다(게임스코어 2-3 패). 이어 신유빈은 4단식에서 이토 미마를 상태를 첫 게임을 뺏는 등 선전을 펼쳤다(1-3 패). 이토 미마를 만나면 ‘그냥 서 있다 들어온다’는 혹평을 들었던 이전 선배들과는 사뭇 달랐다.

“(신)유빈을 보면 36년 전 제가 떠올라요. 한국탁구에서 보물 같은 존재이기 때문에 정말 잘 키우고 싶죠. 정성을 다해 가르치고, 때로는 ‘그렇게 하려면 집에 가라’고 불호령을 내릴 정도로 혼도 내죠. 저도 초등학생 탁구선수 딸이(유예린) 있는데, 유빈이가 눈물을 글썽이면 가슴이 아프지만 그렇게 합니다. 중요한 건 유빈이가 가능한 시행착오를 줄여서 저보다 빨리 세계제패를 할 수 있도록 성장하는 겁니다. 잘 성장하고 있는 유빈이도 고맙고, 출전을 양보한 서효원, 양하은 두 선수에게 진심으로 고맙습니다.”

한국 탁구는 고비를 맞고 있다. 남자는 아직 중국에 이어 세계 2위권을 유지하고 있지만, 여자는 ‘아시아 8위’가 말해주듯 대표팀 경기력이 뚝 떨어져 있다. 유남규 감독은 가장 어려운 시기에 여자 대표팀 지휘봉을 잡고 있는 것이다. 어려운 처지지만 유남규 감독은 ‘원팀’, ‘올림픽까지 무한경쟁’, ‘무조건 훈련’ 등을 내세우며 여자대표팀의 전력을 조금씩 끌어올리고 있다.

예컨대 ‘귀화 에이스’ 전지희에게는 “여기는 소속팀이 아니라, 대표팀이다. 특별대우는 없다. 제대로 하라”며 엄하게 대했고, ‘전지희가 달라졌다’는 얘기가 나올 정도가 됐다. 서효원도 일본과의 준결승에서 경기에 나서지 못했지만, 조금도 서운해하지 않고 “마치 코치 같다”는 얘기가 나올 정도로 벤치에서 후배들을 열렬히 응원했다. 진천선수촌의 여자대표팀 훈련 분위기 자체가 달라졌다. 그리고 무엇보다 이 과정에서 신유빈이 아주 빠르게 성장하고 있다.
Courtesy of Google Translate:
In the semi-final of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Team World Cup Women's Semifinal held in Tokyo on the 9th, Yoo Nam-kyu embarrassed Japan, the world's second-largest, with a surprise order, which was his nickname as a player. With the exception of Seo Hyo-won (32 Korean Horse Association) and Yang Ha-eun (25 POSCO ENERGY), which were built-in contests, Choi Hyo-ju (21 Samsung Life) and Shin Yu-bin (Chung Myung-jung) were used. Shin Yoobin paired with Jeon Ji-hee (27 POSCO ENERGY) and won the first double, and Choi Hyo-joo almost caught Japan's Ace Ito Mima in the second stage (game scores 2-3). Shin Yoo-bin made a public debut by losing his first game to Ito Mima in the fourth stage (1-3 loss). When I met Mito Ito, it was quite different from the previous seniors who had been criticized for “just standing in.”

“When I look at (Shin) Yubin, I think of me 36 years ago. I want to grow really well because it is a treasure in Korean table tennis. I teach them with all my heart, and sometimes I am disgusted to say, "To do this, go home." I also have a daughter of elementary school table tennis player (Ye-Rin). What's important is that Yubin grows to be able to dominate the world faster than me by reducing possible trial and error. I'm grateful for Yu Bin, who is growing well, and I'm really grateful to Seo Hyo-won and Yang Ha-eun, who both gave up their appearance. ”

Korean table tennis is in a hurry. Men are still second in the world after China, but women are falling short of the national team's performance, as the eighth place in Asia says. Yoo Nam-kyu is holding the women's national team baton in the most difficult time. Despite the difficult situation, director Yoo Nam-kyu is gradually increasing the women's national team by promoting `` One Team, '' `` Infinite Competition to the Olympics, '' and `` Unconditional Training. ''

For example, Jeon-hee Jeon, “Naturalization Ace,” said, “This is not a team, but a national team. There is no special treatment. Do it right. ”It was enough to say that 'Jeon Hee-hee has changed'. Seo Hyo-won also failed to play in the semi-finals against Japan, but he was not too sad to cheer up the juniors on the bench enough to say “just like a coach”. The atmosphere for training women's teams in Jincheon Athletes Village has changed. And above all, Shin Yu-bin is growing very fast.

----------
For those who haven't kept up with the Korean news, Shin Yubin's parents have decided their daughter will go pro full-time after junior high. Yes, she will not even go to high school. Yoo Namkyu sees great potential in her and will polish her.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Omg how can ML's challenge be unsuccessful? The point of contact was very visible from the replay.

Jan 2018
That's not how the current rule should be interpreted. Once it was contact that should remain visible. Now, the ball should remain visible at all times.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
That's not how the current rule should be interpreted. Once it was contact that should remain visible. Now, the ball should remain visible at all times.

I see, though that makes little sense to me. Maybe it's time for ML to bring his Beijing backhand serves out. That's textbook visible right hah.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
I suddenly think about a butterfly effect: Wang Chuqin threw his racket which caused Mizutani to lose his Olympic single spot. Understand the connection? LOL

Reactions: Vlad Celler