Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
just watched the final between ito and Hirano and I am quite impressed with Hirano play. She had good tactics and was much better player that day. Of course she made some easy mistakes especially in first two sets were Ito was just the passenger.
Anyway after loosing ticket for singles in tokyo she showed determination to make the team. Good for her.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Her game in this tournament was better than her relatively recent game ....In any case, she was able to recoup for recent defeats from Hina Hayata and Ishikawa ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
It is a pity that, according to the rules of the Top 12, the second round is a knockout, not a round robin ....
Now it remains to wait for the tournament - All of Japan ... Three weeks ....

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Maybe....
Regarding the tournament All Japan ..
Ito and Ishikawa in one semifinal ...
Hirano, Sato, Kato and Hayata are in another .....
Let's see who will be the four players who reach the semifinals .....:eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
If Hirano was the much better player that day why did she lose?
Because of inconsistency. She had very good tactics playing heavy backspin and waiting for a long ball to attack mostly down the line. Look how many times she was the first to attack, especially in first two games.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
WTTTC 2020 lineup will be:
2 Olympic single players
1 Olympic team player
1 All Japan Championship (Empress Cup) single champion
1 Japan Top 12 day 1 winner

If any of the above are overlapped, the JTTA strengthen division will make decision.

Winning Japan Top 12 day 1 is like Hayata’s only chance to get to WTTTC 2020. Even if there is an open spot, e.g. Ito wins Empress Cup, JTTA will likely add Sato to WTTTC.

Hayata should have the ability to win any players besides Ito (who will not play until day 2). So she need to prove herself this time.

Top 12 completed ...
She played with the finalists, in my opinion, not bad .... She took two games from each .....Hina Hayata did not qualify for the second round, but convincingly beat Sato ....

Your opinion, who will Miyazaki choose at WTTC? Sato or Hayata?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Your opinion, who will Miyazaki choose at WTTC? Sato or Hayata?

Why not both? Lol

Hirano was the Japan Top 12 day 1 winner, and she will probably be chosen as the Olympic team player.

All Japan Championship (Empress Cup) women single champion will probably be Ito. If not, probably still be among Hirano and Ishikawa.

So there will probably be 2 open spots. I guess the selection will be among Sato, Kato, and Hayata.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
Why not both? Lol

Hirano was the Japan Top 12 day 1 winner, and she will probably be chosen as the Olympic team player.

All Japan Championship (Empress Cup) women single champion will probably be Ito. If not, probably still be among Hirano and Ishikawa.

So there will probably be 2 open spots. I guess the selection will be among Sato, Kato, and Hayata.

I think both Kihara and especially Nagasaki have a good chance to be chosen for the wild cards. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both of them and none of the above 3.
If there are 2 wild cards i think the logical (the JTTA logic) choice is Sato + Nagasaki

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Last day of Japan Top 12 made top 10 in TV rating.

JJn3OAj.png

Jan 2018
The number shown is the real-time average household viewership for the Kanto region(dark green dot in the map below). 1% is equal to 185,670 households. 7.7% is 1,429,659 households.

The rating for the last day of the 23rd edition back in March this year was 7.9%. This number is pretty decent for a domestic event. For comparison, the QF match b/w Niwa and LJK and R3 match b/w Ito and SYS at the WTTC 2019 got 7.3% and 7.2%, respectively.

c7edf4dcbba95f9b5acd5600061d91a8.png

Last edited: