This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hi Slupmi, can't wait to see more. No end-of-season special matches over at your end of the country?

Hey yoass, there's a special duo competition in the north at the end of the spring season. This has now ended and we are preparing for the summer break. Many clubs stay open here all summer and I can therefore train throughout the holiday!

Are you going to summer mode now or do you keep training too?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hi Slupmi, no rest for the wicked. We're not closing for summer, in fact some of us use the summer competition lull to play with/get used to new equipment or to engrain technique changes.

Our season's end (region: Middle) has a cup tournament, in which we're participating. We won it two years ago, reached the final but still gripe about our undeserved defeat there, and are now at the quarterfinal stage with reasonable prospects for the semis (knock on wood).

And as a matter of fact I'm working in the North for a couple of days, and will be visiting a friendly TT club nearby (TTV Vries) hoping I can tag along with today's training. It's not that far away, you might consider joining me there. :)

Reactions: Slupmi-Atled
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hi Slupmi, no rest for the wicked. We're not closing for summer, in fact some of us use the summer competition lull to play with/get used to new equipment or to engrain technique changes.

Our season's end (region: Middle) has a cup tournament, in which we're participating. We won it two years ago, reached the final but still gripe about our undeserved defeat there, and are now at the quarterfinal stage with reasonable prospects for the semis (knock on wood).

And as a matter of fact I'm working in the North for a couple of days, and will be visiting a friendly TT club nearby (TTV Vries) hoping I can tag along with today's training. It's not that far away, you might consider joining me there. :)

I saw your message too late, sorry. And besides, I'm pretty busy in the coming days... Did you enjoy training? Or did you skip the training with all that warmth here in the Netherlands?

By the way, you boys are real cupfighters! When do you guys play the quarterfinal?

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I saw your message too late, sorry. And besides, I'm pretty busy in the coming days... Did you enjoy training? Or did you skip the training with all that warmth here in the Netherlands?

By the way, you boys are real cupfighters! When do you guys play the quarterfinal?

Training was great. Turned out this training session happened to be an examination for the trainer. Not really all that suited for +30º, but the focus of that exam was warming up and intense footwork excercises. While training I didn't pay attention, but boy did I need a lot of water to replenish.

We're playing coming friday, our venue. A hot contest is what it will be!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Training was great. Turned out this training session happened to be an examination for the trainer. Not really all that suited for +30º, but the focus of that exam was warming up and intense footwork excercises. While training I didn't pay attention, but boy did I need a lot of water to replenish.

We're playing coming friday, our venue. A hot contest is what it will be!

With those temperatures a warm-up wasn't even necessary, haha. Footwork exercises are always useful. One of the crucial parts of the sport... perhaps even the most important part!

Good luck today. Please let me know which team could handle the heat best, haha! :cool:

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Still curious... how did the cup match end?

Poorly. We narrowly lost, with me unable to play due to injury - which might have cost us the match.

I'll be going to the final, played tonight, as a spectator. With mixed feelings. Our victor blazed through the semifinal, and is playing the finals against a team that solidly beat our other team. A team with former "eredivisie" players, now at "1ste divisie" level, with both magnificent modern defenders and lightning fast young attackers. I'd have loved to play them.

[Edit after the final: I'd really love to have played that "superstar" team. They got trounced by the team we narrowly lost to...]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Poorly. We narrowly lost, with me unable to play due to injury - which might have cost us the match.

I'll be going to the final, played tonight, as a spectator. With mixed feelings. Our victor blazed through the semifinal, and is playing the finals against a team that solidly beat our other team. A team with former "eredivisie" players, now at "1ste divisie" level, with both magnificent modern defenders and lightning fast young attackers. I'd have loved to play them.

[Edit after the final: I'd really love to have played that "superstar" team. They got trounced by the team we narrowly lost to...]

It's a shame your team didn't make it to the final. It had been a great experience to be able to compete against such top players. But in the end you guys played a good cup tournament!

Annoying that you are injured... what's wrong? Can you be back at the table soon?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
It is my intention to publish a new video next season. When the time comes, I will share the footage on this forum! :cool:

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Fully recovered? You can use the summer break well for that... have a nice one! See you next season.

Yes, recovered and preparing for the next season. And working abt. 15km from your club ATM; I should definitely pay a visit when the opportunity comes.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
top 150 but some of them cannot even serve legally, esp the tall guy xD

The footage is still fun to watch. It is nice to see people who are the low end of high level who are human rather than machines.

Last edited: