Leaked Photos: New rubber colours on blades!

What do you think of having different rubber colours?

• I'm 100% all for this!

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I'm in the middle, not to sure

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 69.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
I'm sure people feel there are, and I'm sure that on occasions there will be (due to the natural process of how it's made).

But to say "X is harder than Y" or "Y is spinnier than X", based on the word of an unknown internet forum user, who no one has ever seen play..... is a bit too much of a stretch.

I'll happily believe it when a scientific study is put forward - Until then, it's all unconfirmed opinion.

I've already respectfully agreed to disagree with you and said that this is just my opinion. After all that's what forums are for - people sharing a passion for something wanting to communicate, exchange opinions and information with other people!

The fact that you haven't seen me play doesn't mean that either one of us is right. What if I am a professional player lurking under a random nickname in the forum?! Does that mean that my opinion is more valid than yours - no! What's more I think getting on the offensive about a passing comment like that is completely unnecessary. It's obvious that you have missed the point I was trying to make in my original post. You have also gone completely off topic which the moderators and other users may not appreciate.

To reiterate my original post, even if you don"t like the red colour there is a very easy way to almost never see the red side of you bat while playing - use it on the backhand!

NDH

says Spin to win!
My comment wasn’t aimed at you, and it wasn’t supposed to be an “attack” on anyone or anything.

It was purely my opinion on the matter, I’m not doubting that yours is different :)

Regarding the validity of posts etc, again, we may differ, but I personally do believe there to be a difference here.

Anyone can sign up and pretend to know what they are talking about - They might have been playing for less than a year, have terrible technique and not tried many different rubbers etc.

Their opinion is absolutely less valid than an experienced player with a proven track record and video footage of their game.

Back to the topic, I do hope people don’t buy into this - I just think it’ll look very poor!

Reactions: RidTheKid

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
My comment wasn’t aimed at you, and it wasn’t supposed to be an “attack” on anyone or anything.

It was purely my opinion on the matter, I’m not doubting that yours is different :)

Regarding the validity of posts etc, again, we may differ, but I personally do believe there to be a difference here.

Anyone can sign up and pretend to know what they are talking about - They might have been playing for less than a year, have terrible technique and not tried many different rubbers etc.

Their opinion is absolutely less valid than an experienced player with a proven track record and video footage of their game.

Back to the topic, I do hope people don’t buy into this - I just think it’ll look very poor!

Now here's a thing. Perhaps this is strictly speaking a subject for another thread, but as it was raised here let's go for it. You can all see from my "Equipment" profile that I'm currently using Tenergy05 on both sides. Now, I would expect both sides of the bat to be almost identical in their response, with a slight slowing and increase in control on the backhand side due to the 1.9 mm sponge rather than 2.1mm. However when I just bounce a ball on both sides of the bat, or play "keepy-uppy" with it, I am amazed at how pronounced the difference in bounce is. More confusingly still, this difference isn't noticeable in actual play. Could a minor difference in sponge thickness really do this ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Am I the only one who thinks this makes a mockery and a joke of the sport? Like it's not really a sport but a playful pastime? I don't get you who think this is a good idea. Enlighten me!

They are trying to use the color gimmick to make it more popular to kids and women. If it works, it will become more popular at all levels.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Sounds like fathers and men as a whole have been doing a lousy job of introducing the sport to their beloved ones.

They are trying to use the color gimmick to make it more popular to kids and women. If it works, it will become more popular at all levels.

Am I the only one who thinks this makes a mockery and a joke of the sport? Like it's not really a sport but a playful pastime? I don't get you who think this is a good idea. Enlighten me!

I'm sure that ITTF wouldn't even think about new colours, if it has not beem asked a lot by the manufacturers. So its a manufacturers initiative and to ask for that they have made their marketing reseach, right or not - we'll see.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
What if, this color gimmick, entices mom's with children to play with each other and each other's children ? What if, it entices more minorities to play ?

Sure it may seem to higher level players, that it is ridiculous, but there is a lot of competition among leisure activities, if this works, who cares ?