Leaked Photos: New rubber colours on blades!

What do you think of having different rubber colours?

• I'm 100% all for this!

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I'm in the middle, not to sure

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 69.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
What if ittf does the research and publish it beforehand?

For leisure you already have all this colors in -- you got it right -- leisure table tennis, which you play outdoors with leisure rackets, which are already colorful and all this

https://es.cornilleau.com/en/19-outdoor-rackets

Those recreational colors mean they will associate their game to real table tennis using the same colors.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm sure that ITTF wouldn't even think about new colours, if it has not beem asked a lot by the manufacturers. So its a manufacturers initiative and to ask for that they have made their marketing reseach, right or not - we'll see.

You are half right
ITTF didn't come up with this rule change.
It was tabled at the AGM by Hong Kong

the motive was that since the rule change back then was to create a different colour to separate fh to bh.
so now they say, why limit it to red and black

there is no other motive on the change other than someone querying why they are limited to red and black.

The ball colour has a lot more "common sense" to changes (eye catches the ball etc)
I can't find any other common sense reasoning to the rubber change and I guess there is none other than the one I stated above from the AGM

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Do they allow white rubber? That would give a huge advantage on hiding the serve.

Sent from my iPhoe using Tapatalk

The equipment committee would confirm the colours in due course.
however the ball colour alike rubbers will not be possible, as they have announced that already.
So I guess you won't get your whites, yellow, orange rubbers. The colour or shades of colour will need to be significance to prevent the ball from getting "loss"

This user has no status.
Our sport is on the way down. Do these highly paid ITTF guys have nothing better to decide ???? :mad: EVen the world championships get as good as ZERO exposure on TV anymore !!

The ITTF better get some good people aboard , or else the sport will go down even further.

First thing to do is immediately go back to the celluloid ball and stop the plastic nonsense !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Our sport is on the way down. Do these highly paid ITTF guys have nothing better to decide ???? :mad: EVen the world championships get as good as ZERO exposure on TV anymore !!

The ITTF better get some good people aboard , or else the sport will go down even further.

First thing to do is immediately go back to the celluloid ball and stop the plastic nonsense !!

Please, don't blame ITTF

Please go and ask your own national federation why they vote for it at the AGM.
apparently the rule was won by 8 votes.
so if 5 more countries say no, this rule wouldn't have been passed...

Reactions: yoass