FS: Koto-Spruce-Kiri and Walnut-Fir-WRC Blades + Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Up for sale are two fully assembled paddles, using blades that I've made - feel free to ask questions or check previous posts of mine for typical build properties:

Blade 1, $60 OBO (includes H3 rubber, shipping to US, and Paypal Fees):

Composition: Koto (outer), Lutz Spruce (medial), Kiri (core), Solid Walnut (handle)

Weight and Dimensions:
82 grams (without rubber), 175 grams (with 2x 2.15mm Boosted Hurricane 3)
Blade: 150 (W) x 157 (L) x 6.44 (thick) mm
Handle: 101 (L) x 34 (W) x 25 (H) mm

Notes:
Blade has been used for approximately 8 hours, mostly for testing it with a few different sets of rubbers - no dents or damage. These DHS Hurricane 3 rubber sheets have been used for approximately 4 hours total, with a small wear mark where my finger rests on the backhand side. The blade has great feel and feedback, crisp hits due to the outer koto and decent springiness due to the medial spruce, and is quite powerful for its lighter weight.

20180625_094440_HDR~2.jpg

Blade 2 - Red Side.jpg

Blade 2 - Black Side.jpg

Blade 2, $80 OBO (includes vega pro rubber, shipping to US, and Paypal Fees):

Composition: Walnut (outer), Douglas Fir (medial), Western Red Cedar (core), Giant Chinkapin (handle)

Weight and Dimensions:
89 grams (without rubber), 182 grams (with 2x 2.0 mm Vega Pro)
Blade: 150 (W) x 156 (L) x 5.75 (thick) mm
Handle: 101 (L) x 35 (W) x 26.5 (H) mm

Notes:
Blade has been used for approximately 8 hours, mostly for testing it with a few different sets of rubbers. These Xiom Vega Pro rubber sheets have been used for approximately 15 hours total, with a small wear mark where my finger rests on the backhand side. It should also be noted that these rubber sheets were cut on another blade before being glued to this blade, so the fit is very close but not perfect (it is receded inward about 1-2 mm from the blade edge on the black side). This blade is a good mixture of everything - solid feel due to the western red cedar core, ample flex and speed, good control, and a crisp feeling due to the harder walnut outer plies.

20181028_210700.jpg

Red Side.jpg

Black Side.jpg