Hardness of Hurricane 3 Neo and Hurricane 8

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I’m going to replace my Hurricane 3 Neo with a Hurricane 8. But which hardness of the 8 matches the Neo? The shop has ”hard” and ”mid-hard”.

The Neo is just the regular kind sold in shops, the sponge is an orangey red.
Don't go for 8 if you think will get more spin, just will get a slightly speed over the 3 but lose a lot of spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Don't go for 8 if you think will get more spin, just will get a slightly speed over the 3 but lose a lot of spin.

Actually I’m hoping for about the same but less smell of evaporating factory tuning... the neo I have now keeps changing, first it was really sticky, then not so sticky but bouncy and smelly, now it doesn’t smell so much after a mont or so but it’s much deader. So what’s it gonna be? Would be nice with something a bit more stable.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Actually I’m hoping for about the same but less smell of evaporating factory tuning... the neo I have now keeps changing, first it was really sticky, then not so sticky but bouncy and smelly, now it doesn’t smell so much after a mont or so but it’s much deader. So what’s it gonna be? Would be nice with something a bit more stable.

If you want a better substitute for H3 neo, I would recommend either 729 Battle II or Yinhe/Galaxy Jupiter II.
If you are not boosting your H3 or H8, you will do much better with Battle II and Jupiter II. Both are faster and have more spin than H3 and H8 unboosted.
I've used H3 and H3 neo for about a year, then I switched to Jupiter II. Now, I'm on my third sheet of Jupiter II. The quality and durability is great. It's cheaper than H3 too.
Both these rubbers also have hardness selection of 38, 39, and 40. I'm using 38 hardness for FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
If you want a better substitute for H3 neo, I would recommend either 729 Battle II or Yinhe/Galaxy Jupiter II.
If you are not boosting your H3 or H8, you will do much better with Battle II and Jupiter II. Both are faster and have more spin than H3 and H8 unboosted.
I've used H3 and H3 neo for about a year, then I switched to Jupiter II. Now, I'm on my third sheet of Jupiter II. The quality and durability is great. It's cheaper than H3 too.
Both these rubbers also have hardness selection of 38, 39, and 40. I'm using 38 hardness for FH.
I'm totally agreed with US, I'm using Jupiter II, and is better than H3N without boosting, its range of compatibility is wide, I'm using it in a allwood 5, 7, composite too and, definitely is awesome!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Jupiter 2 sounds interesting. Does anyone know if it is better than Big Dipper?

Can’t find Jupiter near me in Sweden but Ppong sell them for 10gbp so what the heck, I ordered a couple even though the shipping and the currency conversion makes it a so so deal... I’ll put one of those on a blade together with a H8 and compare.
You can order it on aliexpress with free shipping.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk