Andro Fi off VS fo off

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Andro Treiber Fi off VS fo off

Hi. For anyone that has knowledge or experience about these two blades. I've seen the review with Damien Eloi where I heard FO off was closest to treiber z (my current) which I somehow lost. And I'm therefore looking to buy it again as I loved it. But it's discontinued now.

Therefore I could just buy fo off but I've been considering finding a slightly slower blade also. But not much slower. And fo off would be slightly faster than z.

My question hence. Does anyone have an idea about the difference between fo off and Fi off? As I don't understand the difference in the catalogue (of andro) and specs seem identical. I like to break my opponents tempo and not buy into 'pace' rallies. Therefore Fi off also seems like a valid alternative. But I really can't identify the compositional difference..

If you have other valid hinoki blade suggestions I'm open to hear. But I want something similar to treiber z.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
From what I think FO is Fiber Outer, and FI is Fibber Inner, but not sure

Yeah, I just zoomed in on their plies (after posting) and noticed the same.
I also got a message regarding it saying "They have quite similar feel but FO is little bit faster. It is harder and not so much soft feel. I prefer FI with more control."
Which is pretty much leading me to picking Fi, as I'd rather go down a notch in speed than up.
Other than that I presume the composition is identical.

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Yeah, I just zoomed in on their plies (after posting) and noticed the same.
I also got a message regarding it saying "They have quite similar feel but FO is little bit faster. It is harder and not so much soft feel. I prefer FI with more control."
Which is pretty much leading me to picking Fi, as I'd rather go down a notch in speed than up.
Other than that I presume the composition is identical.

Maybe it's identical, at least I'm not sure, or they can be like typical compositions:

FO : Koto - ALC - Limba - Kiri - Limba - ALC - Koto (at least I have Treiber K and this is his constitution)
FI : Limba - Limba - ALC - Ayous - ALC - Limba -Limba -> like typical innerforce blades

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Maybe it's identical, at least I'm not sure, or they can be like typical compositions:

FO : Koto - ALC - Limba - Kiri - Limba - ALC - Koto (at least I have Treiber K and this is his constitution)
FI : Limba - Limba - ALC - Ayous - ALC - Limba -Limba -> like typical innerforce blades

Woah... Shit, I hope both are hinoki.
I know Fo is hinoki since it's the most similar to treiber z which is hinoki.
But if Fo is not Hinoki I'd rather not.
Are you sure you know this xD Not so convinced haha

Reactions: eduardo1995filipe
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews

Very sorry, I understood CO(carbon outer) and CI(carbon inner) these are the treiber K replacements.

For treiber Z yes, it's FI and FO but I don't remember if Treiber Z had inner fiber or outer fiber. I misunderstood eheh [emoji12]

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através do Tapatalk

Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Hi, I'm a little surprised as... well, this is all in the product description? :eek: So no, I haven't been near one but yes, both are hinoki outer plies - FI being inner fiber and FO, outer.
It's the CI and CO I can't tell for sure, that looks more like limba.
Yeah probably CI is limba but also not sure, but CO I guess it's koto as treiber K, but once again, not sure [emoji14]

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através do Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Hey guys,
I have been asked to answer some of the questions here. In case I forget to answer to a specific questions, please just ask again. I will try to check the thread from time to time.

From what I think FO is Fiber Outer, and FI is Fibber Inner, but not sure
Correct.

Both blades have Hinoki outer plies. This is the composition from the outside to the inside (Treiber FI OFF):
Hinoki - Ayous - TXL Fiber - Kiri
The Treiber FO is the same, just turn around Ayous and TXL Fiber.

As some of you mentioned the main difference between FI (inner) and FO (outer) is the level of speed and hardness. The FO version feels harder and more direct. The FI version is a bit slower and the feeling of wood is in the spotlight.

By the way: The Treiber FO OFF/S is actually the blade that comes closest to Treiber Z. If you played this one before and you are looking for blade with more control, then you should definitely try the FI.

Best wishes,
Björn

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
I am curious, did you buy and play with the Treiber FI OFF blade to replace your Z? If so, how do they compare? I am looking to upgrade myself from a very old ALL Stiga blade to an OFF blade and I have been reading very impressive reviews of Z. But it's twice as expensive as the newer Treiber versions, like FI OFF and I wonder if its worth it. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Is Treiber FO too hard blade to pair it with Stiga DNA PRO H in FH and MX-S in BH?

Just asking

Hey guys,
I have been asked to answer some of the questions here. In case I forget to answer to a specific questions, please just ask again. I will try to check the thread from time to time.

Correct.

Both blades have Hinoki outer plies. This is the composition from the outside to the inside (Treiber FI OFF):
Hinoki - Ayous - TXL Fiber - Kiri
The Treiber FO is the same, just turn around Ayous and TXL Fiber.

As some of you mentioned the main difference between FI (inner) and FO (outer) is the level of speed and hardness. The FO version feels harder and more direct. The FI version is a bit slower and the feeling of wood is in the spotlight.

By the way: The Treiber FO OFF/S is actually the blade that comes closest to Treiber Z. If you played this one before and you are looking for blade with more control, then you should definitely try the FI.

Best wishes,
Björn