Michael Maze vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys, here’s our new 1 set showdown with the one and only Michael Maze!

During our review with Michael of the Tenergy 05 Rubber we challenged the former European Champion and absolute table tennis legend to a 1 Set Showdown! Enjoy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Fun to watch. Don't fault Dan here one bit. Think we'd all certainly have our struggles vs a professional. ;)

So I know part of this was Michael purposely not putting the foot quite on the gas when he knows he can get by on his consistency but from my amateur point of view when I think about my game and what typically wins & loses matches. I've long had the opinion at that my level and people I play at club. Largely the more consistent player wins. Not necessarily the more powerful player.

I counted 5 shots in that one set where you could say Michael really ripped the ball. (and 2 of them came on one point. When it was 9-3, I had counted only 3 so far) The rest were push returns on serves, blocks and soft/controlled loops. Keeping it on the table just waiting his moment to pick his shots.

Perhaps I should learn from this and look to hit the ball super aggressively at a slightly lower % opting for consistency more and waiting for the more ideal time.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
We know Dan is very consistent but Michael is not only consistent but also crafty in positioning the ball. This is a major difference between an amateur and professional. This is why some 12 year old kids can beat strong but somewhat clumsy adult players. But of course if you have more power and crafty skill then you will be up ... there. Then more mental toughness you will be the GOAT Ma Long... ha ha .

Last edited: