Dimitrij Ovtcharov being banned for 2 years from doping.... your thoughts on this?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
They don't. That is why it was so silly. Clen is for losing weight, does Ovtcharov look like he needs to lose weight? I don't think so.

I think clenbuterol also has some other effects too thought, it is banned in many sports. And it is banned even for medical use in the USA. You could look up the drug and conclude what benefits it would have on your own. ;)

says Photino rocks xD
says Photino rocks xD
Nov 2010
i agree but i guess its to build up more leg and arm muscle to move and hit the ball faster. ALthough i dont see how drugging is the answer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
If the accusations are true, just because he is important to the german national team, does not mean he should not be banned.

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
If found guilty of doping then depends on drug in relation to how long he should be banned for as they will need to ban him to stop the possibility of other players doping as well, as if there are no consequences then more and more people will start doping, if there is not conclusive evidence that he was using drugs as he claims then he should not be banned. If banned then 2 years seems too harsh, especially if he could be innocent. There is also the possibility, although maybe a long shot, that the drug was added to his test to ban him as he may be seen as a threat to other countries.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
If found guilty of doping then depends on drug in relation to how long he should be banned for as they will need to ban him to stop the possibility of other players doping as well, as if there are no consequences then more and more people will start doping, if there is not conclusive evidence that he was using drugs as he claims then he should not be banned. If banned then 2 years seems too harsh, especially if he could be innocent. There is also the possibility, although maybe a long shot, that the drug was added to his test to ban him as he may be seen as a threat to other countries.

Aha ripper your last point is a good shout... apparently he got the drug in his body when he was out in china... Maybe Ma Long spoke to the chefs :DD haha joking,. its all interesting... isnt it all cleared up now?? Dima has been back playing in tournaments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Wow didn't think Dima would do that but a 2 year ban is way to serious, they should be more lenient on him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
OK, I don't want to start a flurry of political, angry comments, but I would just like to point out that if this had happened to a Chinese players, I doubt the comments would be anywhere as supportive of the accused.

The Spanish biker who was accused of doping, explained it by saying it was in a steak he ate. That in the biking circles is one of the oldest excuses in the books, the scientists and the cycling organization ignored that excuse immediately and correctly, plus he tested positive in another test that couldn't be blamed one meat.

I don't particularly like Ovtarchov, I do think he looks a little too built for table tennis, but since I really don't know anything about doping, I have no idea if there is any correlation. And even if there isn't if as one poster said the drug he used was to lose weight, that actually makes more sense than using it to get big, because he already is big, and would probably gain more from taking something to lose weight so he could move and shift his weight faster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I doubt Dima would have much incentive for doping, because those drugs have minor effect on heavily skill-based sports like table tennis. Hope he's fine and improve his game, so we can him shine the next time Germany plays China in the final!