Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys,

Next up on the TableTennisDaily Podcast will be Mattias Falck who last month claimed a silver medal at the 2019 World Championships!

Mattias Falck the world number 11 will be joining me and Will, so any questions you would like us to ask him, fire away in the comments. We will do our best to ask him all your questions.

Let us know of some good questions guys!

Thanks!

Reactions: GusShnaps
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Lol, guys. Do you really want to make a yasaka sponsored player lie? Imho, its a very provacative question. :/

I think it would be bettor to ask if he'd used some other blades and which one is mosk suitable for his playstyle. ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob and tzifos
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
It looks like you change grip somewhat much between bh and fh. Have you always Done this? Did this come naturally or is it something you Did on purpose and have worked on?

I notice that you sometimes work around and loop against backspin with your short pimple. Why Do you Do this? For variation? Feel like you have a better quality with the backhand loop against backspin because you have inverted and a very good backhand.

One of the biggest weakness of short pimple is the opening loop against backspin. How Do you think when looping the first ball with short pimpel? Get it low and far away? Have you trained alot on this? Do you try to avoid getting this ball against you? Why Do you never try to smash the backspin ball harder players with penhold Do?

Also interested if he boost his short pimple and how soft it is. It sounds very soft.

Thanks.

Reactions: yoass and 5hark
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi Mattias, after the 40+ ABS balls most of the players tend to play close to the table using short strokes. I have noticed that your backhand stroke is a fuller and longer stroke which uses more of your arm. How do you compensate with a longer stroke when the ball is blocked very fast back to your backhand? Do you think you have a disadvantage against players like Harimoto when you step back from the table.
Thanks and good luck for your future

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Hi Mattias, after the 40+ ABS balls most of the players tend to play close to the table using short strokes. I have noticed that your backhand stroke is a fuller and longer stroke which uses more of your arm. How do you compensate with a longer stroke when the ball is blocked very fast back to your backhand? Do you think you have a disadvantage against players like Harimoto when you step back from the table.
Thanks and good luck for your future

I can imagine player with shorter strokes have to tense to stop the stroke and then it takes time to relax again. While Maybe Mattias with a longer stroke Do not tense as much due to the longer stroke and Do not lose time on becoming relaxed.

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
How do you find that a inner composite blade is the better option for playing SP on FH? Why not a 7 ply blade or a Yasaka Alnade kind of blade?

This user has no status.
Please show us your fh loop using short pips or please explain how.

I could be wrong, but Ito loops with short pips on her BH and LGL loops with short pips on his FH. I think looping with short pips is a common technique among players who utilize it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think it would be more fun to see how good he loops with an inverted on the forehand.

You should know I am asking this since it would be a good chance to see it in close up point of view and for everybody to see it. I know how to loop using sp both fh and bh but I will not let the opportunity pass not to see him do it.

I could be wrong, but Ito loops with short pips on her BH and LGL loops with short pips on his FH. I think looping with short pips is a common technique among players who utilize it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Mattias, congratulations for great success. Do you find interesting possibility to reverse history and beat chinese with their old weapon (years ago chinese were kings of short pips and swedes were kings of loops, now chinese are best loopers, and you are best sp hitter)?
Why you decided to use pips?