Need some advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

I play with hurricane 3 on both sides. Use 37 hardness on backhand and 40 on forehand. I have a tournament coming up in 10 days.I want to reboost my rubbers. Is it a better idea to reboost now or about 2 days before the tournament.What do you guys think from your experience? Please let me know.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I would also Do it earlier så you are sure they are ready.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Boosters gonna boost, of course. Power to you.

I'd rather not, and have shunned rubbers that are unplayable unless treated with virgin oils while dancing at midnight in the light of the full moon. I've had this adversity ever since, as a young player, people started to speedglue. To me, a hassle and a put-off; for others a ritual that probably served as a confidence booster as much as it affected actual playing characteristics. Diff'rent strokes, of course.

It did and does make me wonder. If you treat your equipment with substances that modify/enhance performance, which gradually wear off, how do you achieve sufficient reliability? I've seen Zagreb's Lion speedglue his Srivers before every match, but that's not a feasible approach with today's booster oils, is it?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Boosters gonna boost, of course. Power to you.

I'd rather not, and have shunned rubbers that are unplayable unless treated with virgin oils while dancing at midnight in the light of the full moon. I've had this adversity ever since, as a young player, people started to speedglue. To me, a hassle and a put-off; for others a ritual that probably served as a confidence booster as much as it affected actual playing characteristics. Diff'rent strokes, of course.

It did and does make me wonder. If you treat your equipment with substances that modify/enhance performance, which gradually wear off, how do you achieve sufficient reliability? I've seen Zagreb's Lion speedglue his Srivers before every match, but that's not a feasible approach with today's booster oils, is it?
I would dude ought to boost the rubbers and howl at the moon... best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk