Taking TT seriously

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi All,
I started playing TT one month back as my workplace had TT tables in the recreation room. After playing for few days with the worn out rackets provided by company, I was fascinated by the game. Started learning basic strokes by practising with colleagues GKI rackets.
Did some research on TT equipment and bought Stiga All round Classic + Mark 5 rubbers for both FH, BH as I thought I need to master my technique first. Will move to hard rubbers may be after a year.
Following youtube channels and trying to improve my game. I play for 3 hours weekly and I'm thinking of joining TT Club in my locality. Any advice to improve quickly would be great.

Love from Vashi, India

This user has no status.
Hi All,
I started playing TT one month back as my workplace had TT tables in the recreation room. After playing for few days with the worn out rackets provided by company, I was fascinated by the game. Started learning basic strokes by practising with colleagues GKI rackets.
Did some research on TT equipment and bought Stiga All round Classic + Mark 5 rubbers for both FH, BH as I thought I need to master my technique first. Will move to hard rubbers may be after a year.
Following youtube channels and trying to improve my game. I play for 3 hours weekly and I'm thinking of joining TT Club in my locality. Any advice to improve quickly would be great.

Love from Vashi, India

Hi Vashi!

Just having started playing myself, I would recommend focusing on quality movement and position. It's made the biggest impact to my improvement so far. I found that I was able to pick up the strokes and repeat them, but it wasn't doing me much good unless the opponent put it right where I wanted it! I found I was winning more points by positioning myself better around the table. Lot's of video's available around positioning and movement.

Good luck with your development!

Reactions: trumpet_guy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Thanks for the advice, practising footwork and positioning. My backhand is more dominant in the game. Learning forehand drive and topspin by bringing more power from the ground by involving waist, legs more

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi all, can anyone here point out good TT Clubs available in Vashi, India. Badly need it to practice on weekends apart from casual plays at workplace

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Don't worry about the harder rubbers in a year's time, you'd be progressing crazy fast if that really became a pressing issue by then. You rather want the stuff that you have to feel like an extension of your hand. Try hitting the ball in many different ways, develop a feel for the vibrations and what they say about your shot. Practice lots, sure, but also have fun and try things, spin a ball around if you're alone and bored, or something. Then all the rest will come more naturally.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
First of all , try to learn how to move your feets and the position on the table then you can focus on improve your game.