Issue with Butterfly Free Chack

I've used Free Chack to glue and reglue a few sheets of rubber on 3 different blades to date, some varnished and some not. Always the same issue : when applying on the blade, the glue starts to dry almost instantly while I'm spreading it and starts to stick to the applicator making it very difficult to create a clean even layer.

Anybody else has that? I works well on the rubbers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Yes, I've experienced two times with Butterfly Free Chack. Last week, I glued new rubbers to Butterfly Harimoto Innerforce ALC. During spreading the glue on the blade, a lot of small particles was created. Last year, I had the same problem, so I change the yellow sponge (inside Butterfly Free Chack bag) 4 times for each face (blades and rubbers) this time. However, the same result happened to me again. I am thinking about changing to a new glue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
It also happened to me , the batch had to have something to do with it .Also you have to move really fast and pour a decent amount of glue from the start on the blade , and try to move the sponge unidirectional , only along the fibers .

This user has no status.
I had the same issue. Tried to add 4-5ml of distilled water (water for injections from the drug store) in the bottle and shaked well, very very well. I saw some improvement but still in some cases I got the same clots. I was afraid to make the glue to thin so I didn't put more water inside. Switched to another brand, a bit cheaper, but works better for me.

So I'm not the only one. I don't think this should happen with a glue sold specifically for rackets, especially considering the price.

Is Free Chack II better and which others do you recommend available in Europe or from Aliexpress? Is there a glue that has a little more error margin i.e. allows repositioning if needed?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Just pick any of the new latex based glues. They take a bit longer to dry but you still have to get it right on the first try. Repositioning was only possible with the old glues, not the new contact glues.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I have been using mostly Free Chack Pro lately, no problems at all. Not sure if it is the same as Free Chack 2. I actually had the issue with lumps when i used Finezip, and changed because of that. Who knows, maybe it is a batch issue, but have not experienced it the last years.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I used Free Chack on my blades/rubbers 15 years ago when I started playing, but then took an 11 year break - when I went to take the old rubber sheets off, the glue had become an absolute sticky mess and permeated into the wood of my butterfly blades. It was a nightmare to clean up.

Thinking the disassembly process was a mess because the glue was so old, I purchased Free Chack again a year ago when I started getting back into table tennis. I just disassembled a blade I glued together a year ago with the newer bottle of Free Chack, and the disassembly process was still a nightmare - the glue is sticky and smears, leaving a residue on the rubbers and blade.

I had to get more glue when I started testing a series of blades - I switched to Nittaku Finezip and have been really thrilled with the viscosity of the glue and the ease of assembly and disassembly. Revolution No. 3 is okay, but it is so thin and is firmer once dried than Finezip. To address your issue: dry times are long with either of those glues.

Last edited:
The following recent review on tabletennis11 does not sound very promising:

"It's paste rather than liquid so requires a little more force to spread evenly. Also dries quickly. If you're used to liquid glue like Free Chack then it might take a little practice to get it right. And it costs more. But otherwise ideal (for my use anyway which is gluing Tenergy to a Viscaria). Fastest on, stays stuck, easiest off both blade and rubber without doing any damage."

It's also not available here. Any experience with DHS no15?