Tibhar Force Pro Blue (Why are Stiff blades better for short pimples?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
This is a fantastic thread!! Forgotten how good some of the advice in here was!

Today I bought an Avalox P700 cheap on an auction site.

Dude, hows the collection so far?

I think the P700 is a bit like going backwards for you. Flexible and kinda soft (IMO). Stick with your new Black Edition or find yourself a DHS 08 on ebay (the ultimate smasher, if you can tame it for the inverted half).

I also had a few minutes with a visitor's Timo Boll T5000. One of the few carbon blades that didn't feel "boxy". Hard, stiff, fast, and somewhat crisp for a composite. Good stuff *hint *hint.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Can't handle the Black Edition, I am using the Yinhe M202 (Carbon Inner Limba outers) at the moment but it has no feeling. I have no middle game with it!!

If I don't like it it will sell easily though!!

Ahh the feel, hardest part to get right lol. A hint, find a composition type you like and try a few blades of the same at varying thicknesses. You'll dial it in soon enough.

Stiffness is also a good starting point, at least that part is measurable. By your comments on the Fextra and Force Blue, I'm guessing you like something in the low-mid 1300hz.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I reckon the Yinhe is pretty stiff and hard, but it seems to be ok on big loops on fh!
I should probably persist with it, but I might as well try the Avalox P700, everyone talks about them as the holy grail for pimples.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
You mean the holy grail trinkets sold in street markets? Haha. Soon enough you will read about the Boll W7, then an idea gets in your head that the true grail is actually the fabled Butterfly Clearfield...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Im using sp og bh with Fextra 7 wood. Excellent for sp.
Its now over 1 year since i switched from inverted bh to sp bachhand. And wow how many matches i m winning with ease now than before.
So for me right now Fextra 7 is perfect with sp on bh

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Can't handle the Black Edition, I am using the Yinhe M202 (Carbon Inner Limba outers) at the moment but it has no feeling. I have no middle game with it!!

If I don't like it it will sell easily though!!
Have you try another blade of mars series? I have only played with M102, it is not really hard, and looping, driving, demi... is excellent, except the weight is 95 g- that make me difficult in moving FH - BH, so i sold it with a little regret. I heard from the seller that M202 is the hardest version because of the ayous core.... i think you could try another of mars series. :D

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Still, would you agree that the force pro blue is stiffer than the 5 ply all wood blades the OP compares it to (stiga infinity, an OSP V+ or a donic waldner 2016)?

My memory might be off, but I seem to recall the Avalox P700 being especially popular among offensive short pips players back in the days. Not sure, but AFAIK, the P700 is on the more flexy side for classic 7 ply wood blades. (Perhaps closer to the force pro blue than the force pro black?)

Might there be something to the thought that classic, flexy 5 ply wood blades specifically can be harder to control with offensive short pip play than somewhat stiffer blades like the P700, FPBlue, or some not too fast 5 + 2 (wood + carbon) blades? (The thought being that so long as the blade isn't too fast for the player, more stiffness might make the blade a bit more linear and predictable across the range of offensive SP shots? One especially relevant issue seems to be: compared to looping inverted rubbers, short pips favor much more open racket angles on attacking shots; in turn, more open racket angles (afaik) tend to lead to more blade flex than more closed angles (the racket being most flexible with the face perpendicular to the head motion, and least flexible with the face parallel to the head motion. Not sure.))

It is good to read through old threads sometimes.
You read something very sensible.

Reactions: Tipiak

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I have just bough 2 Tibhar Force Pro Blue.

88 and 89g

Frequency of 1372khz and 1399khz

Now I don't remember the older ones having a frequency reading that high.

Sure last one I measured was lower than 1250khz a few years ago.

force pro.jpg

Reactions: NextLevel