Tibhar Evolution MXP or Andro rasanter R47 hard flat strokes

This user has no status.
Does anybody has any experience in difference concerning hard flat strokes between the two rubbers mentioned?
I now play with the MXP and find it sometimes difficult, in follow up on a fast opening FH topspin, to play a hard flat stroke and I wonder if the Andro Rasanter R47 is perhaps better on that department.
(I use a STIGA Carbonado 290 blade).

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
what thickness is your MXP? Max might make it more difficult for flat hitting. In any case I doubt you would need MXP for a 290.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
If you Like the mxp topsheet try Mxp50 for flat hitting. The sponge has small pores. Therefore more direct less catapult.

This user has no status.
MXP 50 is not available in my regular shop, country? (=Netherlands) and quite expensive too... even so, if durability is the same as the ‘regular’ MXP, then an expensive purchase.
I’m really considering the R47 now. Seems to have better durability according to figures and reviews.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I use the maximum thickness for the MXP. Despite the very fast blade (and rubber), the ball tends to go in the net with fast flat strokes. MXP wears out soon too, so I was looking for a more durable alternative (not Tenergy, I already tried).
you have a fast blade, in order to take advantage of the blade speed the ball have to engage the wood so thicker and harder rubber will prevent that unless you do a full power swing. if you are willing to switch rubber then Mantra H (as recommended by Yogi) 2.1 should be good - it also has very good control. For more spin (than the Mantra H) Xiom OAV is also good.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Thank you very much. I will look up both rubbers mentioned. Never heard of Mantra H, but I think one of my clubmates has Xiom OVA, so I can give that one a try.
that is the most cost effective way

This user has no status.
My clubmate mentioned with Xiom OVA just emailed me I should look into the Xiom Omega VII Asia or even the Xiom Omega VII Tour. This last one [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]mentioned is to ambitious I think, but what are the thoughts on the [/FONT]Xiom Omega VII Asia?
(My clubmate plays with
Xiom Omega VII pro, but believes that the sponge is to soft for me). Will try anyhow soon ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
My clubmate mentioned with Xiom OVA just emailed me I should look into the Xiom Omega VII Asia or even the Xiom Omega VII Tour. This last one mentioned is to ambitious I think, but what are the thoughts on the Xiom Omega VII Asia?
(My clubmate plays with
Xiom Omega VII pro, but believes that the sponge is to soft for me). Will try anyhow soon ;)
OVIIA (I haven't played with it) is meaningfully more expensive than OVA. From what I read the VII is faster. BTW I played with my 290 yesterday and it is fast even with a Tibhar Aurus Select 1.9 - didn't have a chance to check the power as I was rushed into a match (with my normal blade). Think you would have to assess whether you are look for power or speed on you "hard flat" strokes

This user has no status.
Good point there. I think I should be carefull not to make the mistake that ‘more is (always) better’. The attacking spin capacity of the MXP suites me well, and quite regular the ralley won already. So the hard flat strokes are just one aspect, but very annoying when going wrong. Tonight I will see how the OVII pro does on that and all other departments. Fortunately my clubmate also has a 290 and no matches coming up, so enough time to do the research and trying.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Yes, will be interested on your findings as I am trying (not very hard mind you) to employ my 290 more - finding a good combination will help.

This user has no status.
OVII pro didn’t work me. Very good for hard hitting, the flat strokes and smashes, but couldn’t make the kind of spin I’m used to. The way I’m used to ‘scratch’ the ball with MXP to deploy the spin can’t be done that way with OVII. You have a sort of hit the ball firmer and/or adjusting the angle of the blade and that means to much adjustment/training to my opinion. Probably the combination, the already very fast 290 and this kind of rubber isn’t working (for me at least). benefit doesn’t counterfit the effort so to say.
Will look again for some less fast and more ‘spinnier’ rubber, and try again.
And yes keep me posted on your deployment of the 290 too, I would like that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
OVII pro didn’t work me. Very good for hard hitting, the flat strokes and smashes, but couldn’t make the kind of spin I’m used to. The way I’m used to ‘scratch’ the ball with MXP to deploy the spin can’t be done that way with OVII. You have a sort of hit the ball firmer and/or adjusting the angle of the blade and that means to much adjustment/training to my opinion. Probably the combination, the already very fast 290 and this kind of rubber isn’t working (for me at least). benefit doesn’t counterfit the effort so to say.
Will look again for some less fast and more ‘spinnier’ rubber, and try again.
And yes keep me posted on your deployment of the 290 too, I would like that.

Verzonden vanaf mijn met Tapatalk
will do. given your info on how you deploy top spin and how important it is to you, I wouldn't buy the Mantra H or OVA without trying it first. Do you value speed or power more for you hard flat strokes and what it the weight of your 290