Tibhar Evolution MXP or Andro rasanter R47 hard flat strokes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
will do. given your info on how you deploy top spin and how important it is to you, I wouldn't buy the Mantra H or OVA without trying it first. Do you value speed or power more for you hard flat strokes and what it the weight of your 290
and do you tend to full swings when doing flat and loop drives

This user has no status.
I guess I prefer power over speed. Mainly for the kick of making those shots :)
The weight of the 290 is 97 gram. The average weight of blades is 86. (Looked it up). My former blade Xiom Axela has a weight of 90 (approximate), so a little less heavy.
The weight should be sufficient for that kind of strokes.
Reading a lot these past days I start to believe that the plastic ball plays a large part in this whole ‘dilemma’. I used to play, in my younger days, and at quite a high level, with Tibhar Spico Spin (FH), combined with a Charly Roesch blade (very fast) and the hard fast stroke was one of my game best asset. But.... besides it was like 30 years ago (46 nowadays) and both are rubber and blade not on the market anymore.
I really wonder if even if I had that combination again, this kind of shot, like I have in mind (trick of the mind...[emoji848]) would still be possible with plastic balls.
Anyhow, I will defenitely want know what is possible with nowadays materials (rubbers).
And not just buy OVA or Mantra H.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
it will take about a week, but I will further test my 290 attached rubbers a mid hard hybrid and a 47.5% ESN with your requirements in mind and see if I could discover anything helpful

Reactions: Harry070
I said the 290 is at least 90 grams. Mine was about 94. I do not think the average of all blades is 86 since you do not have the data of all lade weights and try to average the weights. It is more correct to say that the acceptable weight for a blade not being heavy is about 85 to 86 grams.

QUOTE=Harry070;274722]No, the average of all blades is 86 grams. The 290 (approximate) 97 grams.

Reactions: Harry070
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Just tried once. It was okay, but I just forget doing so once playing, I’m not used doing such thing...

Verzonden vanaf mijn met Tapatalk
Harry, any progress on your new rubber search?

My current main setup is with Xiom O7Asia, but I've played a lot and still have and use setups with OVAsia and OVTour.
My experience is that all these are very good for flatters, though their real strength is not there.
For me between them the best for flatters is O7Asia, followed by OVTour. They both excell OVAsia in that department.
OVTour is softer and feels more stable with flat blocking, but in general is a more difficult rubber and the flat smashes have to be executed with a greater precision.
So for an overall flat play I would recommend Xiom O7Asia over OVTour and OVAsia.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
My current main setup is with Xiom O7Asia, but I've played a lot and still have and use setups with OVAsia and OVTour.
My experience is that all these are very good for flatters, though their real strength is not there.
For me between them the best for flatters is O7Asia, followed by OVTour. They both excell OVAsia in that department.
OVTour is softer and feels more stable with flat blocking, but in general is a more difficult rubber and the flat smashes have to be executed with a greater precision.
So for an overall flat play I would recommend Xiom O7Asia over OVTour and OVAsia.
how about spin for those three, especially on brush strokes

how about spin for those three, especially on brush strokes

They all are excellent for active spin play but are different in style and performance.
OVAsia is with hard sponge and hard top sheet, it has less catapult, higher top spin arc than OVTour, back spin arc is almost the same as the top spin. Best for brushing with a full swing stroke. Maximum spin is obtained with thinner brush. Better controll in allround game and over the table. Easier.
OVTour is softer than OVAsia, it has lower top spin arc and higher back spin arc. It has more catapult and compared to OVAsia the spin is produced more mechanically as the ball penetrates deeper.
O7Asia is with the hardest sponge, but with softer top sheet. Excells in spin in both worlds - mechanical with softer strokes and thiner brushed with harder strokes. The catapult is stronger than OVAsia, but weaker than OVTour. Fastest and for me the best spin.
With the remark that spin depends not only on the rubber, but on the player style and how its style fits with the rubber properties.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Thank you. This question was more for the OP's info. I myself use mostly mechanical spin.

Thank you. This question was more for the OP's info. I myself use mostly mechanical spin.

The OP is interested in flat hitting, so I must add some remarks - OVAsia is more sensitive than the others to the incomming spin and thats why I don't recommend it here. OVTour is less sensitive and is best for passive blocks, but because of the narrow rebounce angle the flat smashing needs better accuracy. O7Asia has the best ballance in performance in the flat play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
'OVII pro didn’t work me. Very good for hard hitting, the flat strokes and smashes, but couldn’t make the kind of spin I’m used to. The way I’m used to ‘scratch’ the ball with MXP to deploy the spin can’t be done that way with OVII. You have a sort of hit the ball firmer and/or adjusting the angle of the blade and that means to much adjustment/training to my opinion. Probably the combination, the already very fast 290 and this kind of rubber isn’t working (for me at least). benefit doesn’t counterfit the effort so to say.
Will look again for some less fast and more ‘spinnier’ rubber, and try again.
And yes keep me posted on your deployment of the 290 too, I would like that"

Langel, please see above. he elaborated a bit more on his requirements. Regardless,I am sure your information will be helpful.

'OVII pro didn’t work me. Very good for hard hitting, the flat strokes and smashes, but couldn’t make the kind of spin I’m used to. The way I’m used to ‘scratch’ the ball with MXP to deploy the spin can’t be done that way with OVII. You have a sort of hit the ball firmer and/or adjusting the angle of the blade and that means to much adjustment/training to my opinion. Probably the combination, the already very fast 290 and this kind of rubber isn’t working (for me at least). benefit doesn’t counterfit the effort so to say.
Will look again for some less fast and more ‘spinnier’ rubber, and try again.
And yes keep me posted on your deployment of the 290 too, I would like that"

Langel, please see above. he elaborated a bit more on his requirements. Regardless,I am sure your information will be helpful.

OK, I missed that, thanks.

And now, having in mind the above, I would still recomend O7Asia.
I'm not a fan of the Pro line neither in Vega, nor in Omega family and I can agree with the OP.

It doesn't mean that others can't feel better in an opposite way.

And a little remark - with modern rubbers "less fast - more spin" is not a rool.
Fixing only on sponge hardness doesn't work too - the ratio of sponge hardness&thickness to topsheet hardness &thickness is what matters.