Tibhar Evolution MXP or Andro rasanter R47 hard flat strokes

This user has no status.
Thanks for all the posts and advice. I have not been playing for a couple of weeks so I almost forgot about this discussion.
Last Thursday I played with Xiom OVA and as mentioned by others already, the sponge is to hard and probably topsheet as well. To be honest I couldn’t play my normal topspin game to be able to set up any chance for any flat hard hitting at all. I probably got already so much accustomed to it, that I forgot how it’s missing when it is not there. I put back on MX-P my old rubber, but due to all changes recently I didn’t good at all...
Funny though, my clubmate who has playd a variety of Xiom rubbers of the Omega range, and also plays with a Stiga 290 Carbon frame, tried my set-up, and though the rubbers are pretty worn out (but ‘fresh’ glue), did play remarkably well with the MX-P. He even considers buying MX-P now. [emoji23]
I guess I have to accept that hard flat hitting is not that much a part of my game anymore (only when considerebly high) and have to accept that I have to play those kind of shots in a more controlled manner with some spin. Most of the time a direct scored point anyhow.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
The 290 i would describe as a low throw and direct blade. I find it works best with rubbers that's a little higher throw. I quite like fastarc g1 for flat hits and it also loops well. Esn around 47 hardness works well for me. I recently tried vega tour and that works good too for flat hitting. O7A I found too hard and looping suffered for me.

Reactions: Harry070
Despite the speed O7pro has a good amount of control.

QUOTE=Harry070;279371]O7Pro, will probably, like Thom, not work for me either. I guess due to very fast blade. If the chance is there to try, I will give it a go.
Otherwise I will just stick to MX-P

Reactions: Harry070
This user has no status.
The first experience with Rasanter r47 is very good. It doesn’t feel that tacky, but it does what is said about it. Has good speed and control and also delivers good, and for me, enough spin. Somehow, I believe due to less catapult, I can hit hard strokes better then compared with the mx-p. Perhaps also because of thin top layer and thick sponge.
Will have to play more to get it all figured out, but so far so good!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk