New backhand rubber

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
I'd recommend Vega Euro and Joola Energy X-tra (light and durable) if you prefer soft rubbers
and if budget is not a problem go with Rasanter R37 (also light and durable)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
I use GEWO Nexxus EL PRO 48 on my BH and IMO it's just great, spin, speed (but not too much, EL is spin orientated, for speed is XT version, which I use on FH), control it have it's all, it's mostly suited for close to the table play, but with fast blade it also can play quite nice far from the table (need to put some power in your shot to make it play good far from the table)... I personally don't like soft rubbers, so 48 is my choice, still, for those who like soft rubbers, there is GEWO Nexxus EL PRO 43 and even 38, IMO the main "thing" in Nexxus EL is very elastic topsheet, that gives a lot of dwell, spin and control, so 43 and 38 versions probably is also great BH rubbers for those who like soft sponge...

BTW Joola Rhyzer 48 is also nice for BH, it feels much softer than 48 degree (44-46 probably), have veeeery high arc, on BH it's very easy to make topspin against backspin with it, it can be done even only using your wrist... But, for me it's too "tensor-bouncy" (but sometimes you can do powerfol counter loop far from the table only with your wrist and it still will have very decent power , spin and speed, that was very cool thing for me when I played with it, sometimes I won some ridicilous points with it ;) , but the con of this is control problems...) and too soft, also very high arc for me is not great thing in all situations, so I swithed to Nexxus EL...

This user has no status.
BTW Joola Rhyzer 48 is also nice for BH, it feels much softer than 48 degree (44-46 probably), have veeeery high arc, on BH it's very easy to make topspin against backspin with it, it can be done even only using your wrist... But, for me it's too "tensor-bouncy" (but sometimes you can do powerfol counter loop far from the table only with your wrist and it still will have very decent power , spin and speed, that was very cool thing for me when I played with it, sometimes I won some ridicilous points with it ;) , but the con of this is control problems...) and too soft, also very high arc for me is not great thing in all situations, so I swithed to Nexxus EL...

You think that Rhyzer 48 has a high arc and is too soft??? I have 43 on backhand (and 48 forehand). The 43 is has a much higher throw than 48. I would consider 48 arc to be medium or medium low. I’m planning to replace my backhand rubber with Rhyzer 45 Pro when it comes out because it will use the less bouncy “Pro” style topsheet that Rhyzer 50 Pro has.

Back to the original question: JOOLA Rhyzm-P was my favorite backhand rubber looping backspin balls. 45 degree sponge and the speed / control was very balanced and just perfect for me. It’s average weight for a tensor rubber though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think that Rhyzer 48 has a high arc and is too soft???
At least it's feels noticiably softer than GEWO Nexxus EL PRO 48 and muuuch softer than Nexxus XT PRO 48... Just IMHO though... I don't like soft rubbers, just my preference, I don't undestand them, tried XIOM Vega Europe DF and TENERGY 05FX on Apolonia and for me it was horrible experience...

This user has no status.
At least it's feels noticiably softer than GEWO Nexxus EL PRO 48 and muuuch softer than Nexxus XT PRO 48... Just IMHO though... I don't like soft rubbers, just my preference, I don't undestand them, tried XIOM Vega Europe DF and TENERGY 05FX on Apolonia and for me it was horrible experience...

I think it’s because the top sheet is soft. 48 degree sponge is decently hard. I guess that’s why they offer the “Pro” (harder) topsheet on Rhyzer 50 Pro.