TT Tables Speed & Spin Ratings

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Which tables are the slowest to the fastest ?

Which tables generate the lowest to heaviest spin ?

I don't know the exact model, but the newest gewo tables have the best spin, because their surface is very non-grippy.
joola and cornilleau are okay spin-wise, butterfly and tsp are bad to terrible. again because of surface grip.

they need to standardize table surfaces. It can just be too much of a difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I don't know the exact model, but the newest gewo tables have the best spin, because their surface is very non-grippy.
joola and cornilleau are okay spin-wise, butterfly and tsp are bad to terrible. again because of surface grip.

they need to standardize table surfaces. It can just be too much of a difference.
Would be interesting to know which Gewo table in this case. I am quite certain that they do not make their own tables, many of those are made by Sponeta like the Gewo Europa 25 ITTF table which is just a Sponeta S7-23. We bought one of those lately, I can't really say I notice a huge difference compared with an earlier Sponeta table (S7-63).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Would be interesting to know which Gewo table in this case. I am quite certain that they do not make their own tables, many of those are made by Sponeta like the Gewo Europa 25 ITTF table which is just a Sponeta S7-23. We bought one of those lately, I can't really say I notice a huge difference compared with an earlier Sponeta table (S7-63).

yep, they are indeed made by Sponeta. I'll look up the model when I encounter one again.

As far as speed is concerned, grippy tables are faster when playing against loopers but slower when playing defenders.
I hear the hardness of the floor also affects the bounce. soft floor is slower, hard floor faster.