Upgrade help from "Yasaka Sweden Extra with VEGA PRO "

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Over the last 5 years , I am using XIOM VEGA PRO 2.1 mm on Yasaka Sweden Extra .
- My game style is playing topspin FH ,loop FH , flick on BH
- I play close to table or mid far distance from table .
- Benefits for my current setup are 1) Good Control and 2) Decent high trajectory during topspins

I am looking for little more speed with a new setup .Please advise whether I can switch to any of the below new setups

Change Blade and Rubber
1) T05 FH and BH on Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
2) XIOM VEGA PRO Max BH and FH on Butterfly Petr Korbel

Change Rubber only
1) Butterfly Rozena on Yasaka Sweden Extra
2) Rakza7 BH and FH on Yasaka Sweden Extra
3) XIOM VEGA PRO Max BH and FH on Yasaka Sweden Extra

note : i have tried my friends setup of Andro R47 2.1 mm on BH and FH on Andro Tempo All+ Blade . Many times i was unable to keep my topspin on the table .

Thank You

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you should change one thing first. Otherwise it Will be hard to tell What makes the difference.

I think i would try to change blade first.

This user has no status.
Over the last 5 years , I am using XIOM VEGA PRO 2.1 mm on Yasaka Sweden Extra .
- My game style is playing topspin FH ,loop FH , flick on BH
- I play close to table or mid far distance from table .
- Benefits for my current setup are 1) Good Control and 2) Decent high trajectory during topspins

I am looking for little more speed with a new setup .Please advise whether I can switch to any of the below new setups

Change Blade and Rubber
1) T05 FH and BH on Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
2) XIOM VEGA PRO Max BH and FH on Butterfly Petr Korbel

Change Rubber only
1) Butterfly Rozena on Yasaka Sweden Extra
2) Rakza7 BH and FH on Yasaka Sweden Extra
3) XIOM VEGA PRO Max BH and FH on Yasaka Sweden Extra

note : i have tried my friends setup of Andro R47 2.1 mm on BH and FH on Andro Tempo All+ Blade . Many times i was unable to keep my topspin on the table .

Thank You

If you just want a little more speed, I suggest only changing to a faster rubber as it's easier and often cheaper than changing to another blade. Xiom Vega Tour is an option. Or switch to a Xiom Omega series rubber. Your option 1 above is a big speed jump from your current setup and you might struggle to adjust esp since you already mentioned struggling with R47 on an All+ blade. Keep your change small to start with as lula said.

says Hello Mr. Jordan Thanks for reaching out. My email is...
says Hello Mr. Jordan Thanks for reaching out. My email is...
Jan 2018
Probably Omega V pro instead of the same rubber but do keep the blade.

Just for discussion, if he were to change just the blade, which one would you recommend?